Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyblood

Reaction score
If i remember correctly, Taxi in japan is expensive even though its a short trip.
i am curious whether there is any Uber/Grab at kyoto or osaka. Would it be much more cheaper ??

Vulpix

Reaction score
I got a question about the JR station. I checked Hyperdia, and it seems like the best way to get to Kinosaki is to take the train from airport to Osaka station, then take Kotonori train. Is there a need to get reserved seating? Must get at the station itself? I don't want to stand 2+ hours siah. :s13: Since I am getting the Kansai wide area pass, means still can book seat right?

nemo88

Reaction score
If i remember correctly, Taxi in japan is expensive even though its a short trip.
i am curious whether there is any Uber/Grab at kyoto or osaka. Would it be much more cheaper ??

Uber Japan is essential a taxi summoning service. No private cars.

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also need to take into account flight delay

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SIA616/history

More or less quite on time but someday like 17 Sep, they actually delay 3 hours and reach at 1am

Also KIX custom clearance is quite slow.. If they got a few international flight landing at same time it could easily take up to 1 hour.

In 2013 when i landed in KIX in the morning, that time not many tourists but custom is horrible. standing in line 1 hour. after that, i never arrival at KIX, i will go Haneda or Narita.

Even departure at KIX is horrible the queue at custom is super long. Normally they do the bag check first before going to the custom officer
(But if you take Business class, you can skip queue)

it was typhoon 18 3 days ago here... even before you check in for your flight at changi, they would have told you that the flight would probably be delayed... the news about the typhoon was all over the news since end of last week...

typhoon season is from may to october

thwysg

Reaction score
I got a question about the JR station. I checked Hyperdia, and it seems like the best way to get to Kinosaki is to take the train from airport to Osaka station, then take Kotonori train. Is there a need to get reserved seating? Must get at the station itself? I don't want to stand 2+ hours siah. :s13: Since I am getting the Kansai wide area pass, means still can book seat right?

No, a lot of these passes for West Japan do not allow reserved seats. It's unlimited rides on non-reserved seats.

https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/ticket/pass/kansai_wide/

thwysg

Reaction score
Damn. Should I just book reserved seats without JR Pass for my Kinosaki portion then? I don't want to stand 2 hours... Some more I going on 21st which is a Saturday morning.

I suggest sticking to non-reserved seats. If you can't get a seat, take the next train and be the first in the queue for non-reserved cars.
https://jprail.com/travel-informations/travel-tips/reserved-seat-vs-non-reserved-seat-how-to-get-a-seat-on-non-reserved-car.html#Extra_cost_to_book_a_seat_by_rail_pass_that_covers_only_non_reserved_seat

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think KIX has improved over the years in preparation for 2020. The airport itself is an engineering marvel. Definitely not as bad as LAX.

even last year when i departure at KIX. the queue so long but they open so few counters. luckily i got priority departure so i could skip the lines

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about that but the price... Wah damn high! Lol

Going during Autumn bro? My 2015 trip I stayed at weekend shuffle lakeside inn which is just a short distance from lake kawaguchiko and also a short walk to maple corridor(if I rem the name right)..But at night damn zhou boh one

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
even last year when i departure at KIX. the queue so long but they open so few counters. luckily i got priority departure so i could skip the lines

True. Not sure what they are thinking. I have travelled a couple of times via KIX and so far so good. Out from plane and immigration within 30-40mins. Perhaps just lucky.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going during Autumn bro? My 2015 trip I stayed at weekend shuffle lakeside inn which is just a short distance from lake kawaguchiko and also a short walk to maple corridor(if I rem the name right)..But at night damn zhou boh one

I've come across an interesting site few weeks ago offering glamping gear. Looks like a new and cheaper way to enjoy outdoors.

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Osaka

I wanna bring my daughter n my ex to japan during march or april. Initially wanted to go to Osaka n Kyoto to see sakura but seems like is a little pricey. I checked scoot is abt $790 per pax n SQ abt $1100. Is this standard price for sakura season?

scoot got 1 stopover, whole flight takes abt 9 hrs. worth it? Any alternatives?

First time going Japan, need experts' advises

If on budget can try my favourite method to go Japan without breaking the bank. If need to stopover then might as well make your own way to Kuala Lumpur.

AirAsia has daily direct fights between KUL and KIX. I have paid S$88.82 on one trip and S$213.63 on another trip. All return fares during promotion. Top up a bit more if you opt for food and check-in luggage. Not expensive though. :s13:

True. Not sure what they are thinking. I have travelled a couple of times via KIX and so far so good. Out from plane and immigration within 30-40mins. Perhaps just lucky.

Also depends on your arrival time. If clash with South Korea or China flight arrivals sure chui! :D

Last edited:

rogue_strider

Reaction score
Damn. Should I just book reserved seats without JR Pass for my Kinosaki portion then? I don't want to stand 2 hours... Some more I going on 21st which is a Saturday morning.

Actually, you can just add on the reserved seats ticket onto your kansai pass at the train station itself. Just go up to the JR ticket booth and ask for the reserved seat. You just have to pay extra. I would say its quite worth it as the trip takes almost 3 hours.

rogue_strider

Reaction score

KIX is usually dependant if there's a cluster of flights leaving or arriving the same time as your flight.

SQ morning departure is usually packed with other flights as well as SQ morning arrival.

Both SQ late night departure and arrival is not so packed with other flights so you definitely go thru customs faster unless they don't open a lot of counters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.