[NEWS] Singtel to shut down ageing ADSL network in April 2018

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So If I subscribe to the 300Mbps @ $29.90 per month, after the 24th month the price will still stay at $29.90? If it is, then it's all good~🤗

You posted that the $20 rebate will be removed after 2 years, that means the 300Mbps may become $39.90 ($10 rebate) or even $49.90 out of contract leh?

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You posted that the $20 rebate will be removed after 2 years, that means the 300Mbps may become $39.90 ($10 rebate) or even $49.90 out of contract leh?
The TnC only state that the $20 rebate is for 1Gbps, no info about if there's any rebate given for 300Mbps @ $29.90 ..
Need more verification with Singtel haha :o

Here's the full TnC→ https://www.singtelshop.com/fibremigrationtnc

heartywarrior

Reaction score
Hi all,

The monthly subscription will not change after two years.

Hope that clarifies!
to Singtel account:

so if I take the 1Gbps fibre plan with current $20 monthly rebate off $59.90 at $39.90, after 24mths, I will still continue to pay this same price $39.90 not $59.90?

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to Singtel account:

so if I take the 1Gbps fibre plan with current $20 monthly rebate off $59.90 at $39.90, after 24mths, I will still continue to pay this same price $39.90 not $59.90?

See the T&C posted a few messages before.

After 24 months, the rebate will be removed and the price will be reverted back to $59.90/mth.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh well kinda expected that as well, even for me im also been offered 49.90 for 2 years contract for 1gbps (after which is usual price) so the "promo price" is a limited time/deal :p

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
to Singtel account:

Hi heartywarrior,

The monthly subscription fee will change to $59.90 after 24 months.

You can start looking out for new offers at 21 months of contract.

To clarify on our earlier statement about "the monthly subscription will not change after two years", it's referring to the general promotion for ADSL customers who migrate to fibre.

There are other promotions where customers are entitled to bill rebates for a certain period of time. In those cases, the monthly subscription will change after the end of the promotion.

Hope this clarifies.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi heartywarrior,

The monthly subscription fee will change to $59.90 after 24 months.

You can start looking out for new offers at 21 months of contract.

To clarify on our earlier statement about "the monthly subscription will not change after two years", it's referring to the general promotion for ADSL customers who migrate to fibre.

There are other promotions where customers are entitled to bill rebates for a certain period of time. In those cases, the monthly subscription will change after the end of the promotion.

Hope this clarifies.
Hi Singtel, so if I choose the 300Mbps @ $29.90, the price will still remain the same after the 2 year contract, meaning from the 25th month onwards I will still pay $29.90?

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi Singtel, so if I choose the 300Mbps @ $29.90, the price will still remain the same after the 2 year contract, meaning from the 25th month onwards I will still pay $29.90?
Hi amazingone,

That's correct - for your case, the monthly subscription will remain at $29.90 after 24 months.

logitech123

Master Member
Reaction score
whizcom offer $32 for 1gbps and free 3mths during IT show sign up. much better deal than singtel offer. but whizcom got a $50 activation fee.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
whizcom offer $32 for 1gbps and free 3mths during IT show sign up. much better deal than singtel offer. but whizcom got a $50 activation fee.

Many people waiting for 4th telco to come out better offer. Once it offer a lower price others will follow so it is good for consumer.

VigilanteX

Reaction score
Hi amazingone,

That's correct - for your case, the monthly subscription will remain at $29.90 after 24 months.

Hi Singtel.

I am currently on Singnet ADSL 10mbps. I am also on Singtel analogue Home Line.

If I were to migrate from adsl to Singtel Fibre 300mbps at $29.90 per month, will I be able to get a free annual subscription to Singtel Analogue home line instead of a digital line?

The adsl/Singtel fibre will be under the same name. But the analogue home line is under a different subscriber/name.

Assuming the Analogue line subscription can be free,

is it also possible for

1) the Digital line to also be activated and free at the same time?

2) Will call charges for the analogue Home Line apply?

3) After 24 month, will the analogue Home Line stay free assuming I retain my Singtel 300mbps subscription.

Does the Singtel Fibre 300mbps ($29.90) come with a free 4G Mobile broadband like in the case for the more expensive plans?

Will any registration or installation fee apply for the migration to fibre?

Last edited:

uncle168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
all the telcos are doing the same thing

selling around $29 to keep the customer

but when m1 have 200K fibre customers it would raise price to $39

then starhub and singtel will also increase price

this cartel behaviour exist because of poor imda regulations

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Singtel.

If I were to migrate from adsl to Singtel Fibre 300mbps at $29.90 per month, will I be able to get a free annual subscription to Singtel Analogue home line instead of a digital line?

The adsl/Singtel fibre will be under the same name. But the analogue home line is under a different subscriber/name.

is it also possible for

3) After 24 month, will the analogue Home Line stay free assuming I retain my Singtel 300mbps subscription.

Does the Singtel Fibre 300mbps ($29.90) come with a free 4G Mobile broadband like in the case for the more expensive plans?

from what i encountered before, i don't think your current analogue line can be mixed with fibre. you will likely be given a new digital line instead. On the contrary, ADSL subscription can ride on different account holder for analogue line but for fibre you can't just combine.

As long as you are using analogue line, subscription and call charges apply. Only digital line remains free at all times when you have your fibre active.

if you want your current analogue number to be the digital number, the own of it must transfer to you and then you sign up for fibre. or the owner for the analogue line signs up for fibre then the service can be ported over to digital side.

Unless rules have changed recently, or else the above holds true in my own experience.

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi Singtel.

is it also possible for

Hi VigilanteX,

Here are our replies:

(1) The digital line will be free.
(2) Incoming calls for analogue is free. Outgoing call is chargeable.
(3) The analogue home line will be free unless you make outgoing calls, which are chargeable.
(4) The 300Mbps fibre broadband plan does not come with a free 4G Mobile Broadband.
(5) There will be no registration or installation fees for migration to fibre.

Do let us know if you have further questions.

VigilanteX

Reaction score
Hi VigilanteX,

Here are our replies:

(1) The digital line will be free.
(2) Incoming calls for analogue is free. Outgoing call is chargeable.
(3) The analogue home line will be free unless you make outgoing calls, which are chargeable.
(4) The 300Mbps fibre broadband plan does not come with a free 4G Mobile Broadband.
(5) There will be no registration or installation fees for migration to fibre.

Do let us know if you have further questions.

Sorry Singtel, still a bit confused. Are the following statements correct?

1) I can request for migration from 10 Mbps adsl to Fibre 300mbps to come with a analogue home line that comes without the need to pay quarterly subscription. ($29.43 quarterly.)

charges for outgoing call will still apply. Incoming calls are free.

2. The free digital home line will still be available even if I were to retain the existing analogue home line stated in point number 1.

3. The fiber internet and analogue phone line can be under different subscriber/name and will still qualify for free analogue subscription.

4. For DIGITAL home line, subscription fee, outgoing or incoming call charges do not apply as long as I continue my subscription to Singtel fibre 300mbps.

Thank you for your reply Singtel.

Last edited:

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi amazingone,

Hi Singtel, I've got another question. If I were to migrate to 300Mbps Fibre @ $29.90/mth, can I opt to retain my analogue home line instead of switching to digital home line?

I'm on mio Home 10Mbps ADSL now if you require this additional info. :)

VigilanteX

Reaction score
Which Dual Band router is issued nowadays whe migrating to fiber from ADSL? The Arcadayan Elite (AC1900), Arcadayan AC
Plus (AC1200) or some other router?

Can I choose or is it issued at random?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.