HWZ AMD Ryzen R5 Owners Klub

badbad2000

Reaction score
anyone know where to buy TUF B350M-PLUS GAMING motherboard? I am looking for mATX, any recommendation and why?

If asus that not avail maybe thinking of:
Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 or H3D
MSI B350M Mortar

AS Rock the SATA location towards side which will block by my case.

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone know where to buy TUF B350M-PLUS GAMING motherboard? I am looking for mATX, any recommendation and why?

MSI B350M Mortar

get the MSI over Gigabyte model :s12:

try your luck on Make Fine at SLS. They have alot of wide Ryzen Motherboard but they don't do flyer or have a list for consumer like us to see. Have to go down store and see see look look :s12:

badbad2000

Reaction score
I will use only build in display or serial com port, will I able to get post from HDMI or serial port? I read a lot of issue not getting post when boot

poooooo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will use only build in display or serial com port, will I able to get post from HDMI or serial port? I read a lot of issue not getting post when boot
Ryzen no igpu , so you need a gpu for display.

badbad2000

Reaction score
get the MSI over Gigabyte model :s12:

try your luck on Make Fine at SLS. They have alot of wide Ryzen Motherboard but they don't do flyer or have a list for consumer like us to see. Have to go down store and see see look look :s12:

asus replied the TUF will be available OCT. so I think I wait for that.

hlots123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

:sad: look like I cant do installation... shxt.. ordered the 1800x somemore..
from pics the b350m tuf heatsink looks quite small, plus the 4(+2 for soc not heatsinked)? vrm phases for 8c/16t ryzen
cud lead to high vrm temps if oc'ing...

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
from pics the b350m tuf heatsink looks quite small, plus the 4(+2 for soc not heatsinked)? vrm phases for 8c/16t ryzen
cud lead to high vrm temps if oc'ing...

ya lor can buy 1800x cannot get a x370 mb :s13:

poooooo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cheaper solution of 8core and higher clock speed without OC
Actually it only boost 2 cores iirc for r7, also inorder for it to autoboost the core speed, it will bump the vcore voltage automatically, so won't be surprised if the vcore voltage goes up and down between 1.2x to 1.4ish, which most likely will see temperature spike.

Thats why some r7 user are manually down volting and clocking their cpu to get better temp.

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got my 1600 stable at 3.80GHz@1.4V (cannot rise any higher liao cuz exceed my 70 degree limit liao :() stress load cap @ 73 degree but gaming wise cap around 60s :s12:

also switch from (2800 CL14-14-14-25-1T) to (2933 CL14-14-14-34-1T)

Still refuse to load 3200 even on CL16-16-16-36-1T o well

Last edited:

badbad2000

Reaction score
Actually it only boost 2 cores iirc for r7, also inorder for it to autoboost the core speed, it will bump the vcore voltage automatically, so won't be surprised if the vcore voltage goes up and down between 1.2x to 1.4ish, which most likely will see temperature spike.

Thats why some r7 user are manually down volting and clocking their cpu to get better temp.

ok if too hot then I down volting it, I hope the 8 core of Ryzrn worth it and compatible for VMWARE and Linux for home lab.

do you know if the serial port will still work without the GPU?

poooooo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok if too hot then I down volting it, I hope the 8 core of Ryzrn worth it and compatible for VMWARE and Linux for home lab.

do you know if the serial port will still work without the GPU?

no igpu for ryzen cpu, so have to use dedicated gpu. there will be no signal if u plug into the mobo output.

not sure about vmware, but linux they still fixing some bug, you can read here.
https://www.extremetech.com/computing/254750-amd-replaces-ryzen-cpus-users-affected-rare-linux-bug

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

MSI B350M Mortar

Sadly, I have no idea why all the MATX board for Ryzen don't seem very well built, compared to their ATX and ITX counterparts.

Also, the local pricing for most of them also seem quite exorbitant, except for the MSI Mortar that is quite close (if you manage to apply some kind of 20 bucks discount)to what you can find in Amazon US. Take the Asus Prime B350M-A for example, I see them selling around 150+, even after discount, its close to 140. Amazon is selling it for 70 USD, and with a conservative exchange rate of 1.38, its still below 100 SGD. :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.