Any GrabHitch/RydeShare driver come in to share experience! - Part 2

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'll wait till Oct if I got further hitches... currently this month only $5... one hitch.

elijahswx

Reaction score
Any RYDE users here? Care to share experience? Heard their incentive not bad.

Last edited:

cyberlocke

Reaction score
Today fetched this lady and her daughter from Woodlands, want to go Scotts Road. Standard route is CTE right? Knn, insist want to use her route using PIE, say will be much faster and help me save petrol. She said she will direct me, because I'm not super familiar.

In the end she anyway direct me until lost, I know she wants to go by exit Dunearn Road then Steven Road. I keep asking her is it go by Dunearn Road, is it exit here to Dunearn Road... she said no, continue straight (Direct me wrongly) until reaching Jurong. I thought got some hidden shortcut road from PIE Jurong to town or what, in the end she realize wrong way. Then she started complaining to her daughter that I go wrong way, let me follow my way instead.

At this point I sibei hot already, my gf and I going paktor already, usually my gf she's the more impatient one but this time round she's keep patting my hands and thigh hinting me to calm down. When finally Uturn and exit Dunearn Road, I told her "FYI, this IS DUNEARN ROAD." She then said "sorry sorry, my fault." I had 53 hitch trips and all 5*, after she alight I check my ratings drop a little bit, means she rate me quite poorly. Really ***** bitch.

Public shaming allowed here or not? Want to post her pic and name leh.

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
Today fetched this lady and her daughter from Woodlands, want to go Scotts Road. Standard route is CTE right? Knn, insist want to use her route using PIE, say will be much faster and help me save petrol. She said she will direct me, because I'm not super familiar.

In the end she anyway direct me until lost, I know she wants to go by exit Dunearn Road then Steven Road. I keep asking her is it go by Dunearn Road, is it exit here to Dunearn Road... she said no, continue straight (Direct me wrongly) until reaching Jurong. I thought got some hidden shortcut road from PIE Jurong to town or what, in the end she realize wrong way. Then she started complaining to her daughter that I go wrong way, let me follow my way instead.

At this point I sibei hot already, my gf and I going paktor already, usually my gf she's the more impatient one but this time round she's keep patting my hands and thigh hinting me to calm down. When finally Uturn and exit Dunearn Road, I told her "FYI, this IS DUNEARN ROAD." She then said "sorry sorry, my fault." I had 53 hitch trips and all 5*, after she alight I check my ratings drop a little bit, means she rate me quite poorly. Really ***** bitch.

No nd flame ppl cos u allow yrself to listen to rider. Rider ask u go jump u go jump? Furthermore u r also nt tat familiar with the route using PIE. Tis could b wat ppl say "blind leading the blind". Eventually u r the driver. U drive the car, nt she.

Sometimes u get gd rider, sometimes u get those "1 of a kind" type. Tis is the path to b a "driver". Take it like a man. U hav nt encounter those worse than tis. Do more n u knw.

cyberlocke

Reaction score
No nd flame ppl cos u allow yrself to listen to rider. Rider ask u go jump u go jump? Furthermore u r also nt tat familiar with the route using PIE. Tis could b wat ppl say "blind leading the blind". Eventually u r the driver. U drive the car, nt she.

Sometimes u get gd rider, sometimes u get those "1 of a kind" type. Tis is the path to b a "driver". Take it like a man. U hav nt encounter those worse than tis. Do more n u knw.

Yeah, should just say I'm going my route. Not happy you get off now right? Splendid advice, will do that next time. :s8:

elf108

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got rider ask me take her route also. I ignore and stick to my route. Ur car ur say. Lesson learned and move on loh.

kodomo80

Master Member
Reaction score
Heng i know my roads, if tis kind of passenger, I will tell her how I will go till she diam diam :s13::s13:

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya if me i know my route i also cfm go my way. unless she know the road damn well by saying out and it make sense.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Dude, actually, woodlands down to orchard, BKE > Stevens is faster. Don't flame me... I also used to think CTE faster...

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Imho, if you are not familiar just use a gps or google map ba.
Fair for everyone on board, short cut no short cut let the device lead you, jam or not also nobody's fault.

HKS_Hippo

Suspended
Reaction score
She don't want to also.. I was late once - 5 mins, customer made a big fuss to the big big boss... I sort of got a 'warning' letter which she also don't want to give me but work is work...so today meeting is 9am, she don't want me to be marked again.

The customer's IT dept is very picky about being on time... so do show lor, just go earlier, but jam... also LLST but the IT dept doesn't seem to understand that... :s13:

Since the tick off for the last meeting I was late, I already send out resume liao... prospects coming... can tender soon. Only feel bad to dump my boss.. she very nice to me.

Is customer making the fuss....

internal they close one eye. is very good liao

IMHO, don't be late for meetings. That's my rule...

Unless start of the day nothing to do, then late abit can la. but subject to boss...

maybe thats me :o

HeadQuarters

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no loophole, just drive more to reach your destination~ with the promo code,
there are many requests for short trips esp from mrt to their home~ :s22:

I don't really dare to pick/drop riders from/at MRT Station.

The taxi stand cannot use right? Pick up point at MRT station I oso not sure. Many of the pick up point n taxi stand are one after another n can have long queue of taxi, confusing to spot the pick up/drop off point. Eg Nex, Ang Mo Kio etc.

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
I don't really dare to pick/drop riders from/at MRT Station.

The taxi stand cannot use right? Pick up point at MRT station I oso not sure. Many of the pick up point n taxi stand are one after another n can have long queue of taxi, confusing to spot the pick up/drop off point. Eg Nex, Ang Mo Kio etc.
Exactly unless u knw the "pickup points for passengers" at mrt statn. Some hav, some don. S long s u c the "camera warning signs" b v v careful.

Yes. Taxi stand cannot use unless no taxis la. Heard some bros saying some taxi laos will take pic of yr car n sent to LTA. Yes. It is v bad of them. But wtd? We spoilt their livelihood also. Some taxi stands even hav the "no stopping waiting except taxis" sign. Saw 1 at marsiling mrt.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Exactly unless u knw the "pickup points for passengers" at mrt statn. Some hav, some don. S long s u c the "camera warning signs" b v v careful.

Yes. Taxi stand cannot use unless no taxis la. Heard some bros saying some taxi laos will take pic of yr car n sent to LTA. Yes. It is v bad of them. But wtd? We spoilt their livelihood also. Some taxi stands even hav the "no stopping waiting except taxis" sign. Saw 1 at marsiling mrt.
Can pick up la, but make sure you don't stop there wait.

As for taxi stands, just wait outside the yellow box let the passenger run to you. Taxis cannot do anything to you as you are not in their colored boxes.

elf108

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see someone ppl alight at Bukit panjang mrt bus stop towards bukit timah, got LTA camp there take picture. Some rider nicer will alight at esso in front and walk over.

kodomo80

Master Member
Reaction score
Dude, actually, woodlands down to orchard, BKE > Stevens is faster. Don't flame me... I also used to think CTE faster...

yeah indeed. SLE takes up a longer distance then u reach CTE. =:p

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.