 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So now it's possible we can hootba iphone from japan and Supprt global NFC and japan felica too

tec_geek

Reaction score

opt1m4l

Reaction score
Apple adds global FeliCa support to Apple Pay with iPhone 8, iPhone X & Apple Watch Series 3 <snip>

With recent announcement from LTA that trial for Apple Pay will start in early 2018, let’s wait for more info to see which model of Apple devices are included.

Doubt the addition of FeliCa support is relevant in Singapore's context; we have already moved off the FeliCa standard to CEPAS.

Alternatively, and more probable in fact, is that Apple Pay on public transport will likely ride on your existing credit cards (i.e. the PayWave/PayPass options by Visa/MC) using account based ticketing.

That likely means all phones that support Apple Pay will support ABT. Just my $0.02. Not sure if they'll allow more than 1 device though (i.e. iPhone + Apple Watch).

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

tec_geek

Reaction score

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Top up via Apple Pay is launch long ago lor

With ip8 can support felica in japan so it's mean we can go japan use felica burbduno how it's payment is via our local bank or card or only only can top up when we in japan using their felica NFC

chris888222

Reaction score

With ip8 can support felica in japan so it's mean we can go japan use felica burbduno how it's payment is via our local bank or card or only only can top up when we in japan using their felica NFC

You can purchase a virtual Suica via the Suica app (in Japanese though).

Reloading can be done using regular Apple Pay in app I believe.

Suica by East Japan Railway Company
https://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/suica/id1156875272?mt=8

Edit:
Saw a video that you can actually reload a Suica on Apple Pay with their charge machines and pay using cash.

Last edited:

3hubb3r

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

not limited to japanese model only?

chris888222

Reaction score
not limited to japanese model only?

iPhone 8 and iPhone X support NFC Type A-B-F switching on the go for all models. This means you can use iPhone 8 or iPhone X from any country and pay for items using Suica or any Japanese Apple Pay card that uses FeliCa.

On the iPhone 7, only Japanese models have active Type F NFC and if I’m not wrong, they must switch regions to use Apple Pay in other countries using EMV.

This person from Taiwan added a Suica to Apple Pay on a non-Japanese iPhone 8.
https://atadistance.net/2017/09/23/more-inbound-suica-from-asia/

Apart from this, iPhone 8 supports up to 12 cards. Up from 8 in older models.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
IMO its less hassle to whip out my wallet than to take out my phone, unlock & activate applepay esp since the iphone x now has no home button so its not like u can double tap home button like on earlier models.

if u have more than 1 contactless cards in your wallet, then phone/watch is better.
those who have apple/samsung watch most probably will tap watch after 1st quarter of 2018.

btw, apple pay u just need to take out phone with your finger on touch id, then tap phone. no need to take out phone, unlock and activate apple pay etc.
for iphone x, just look at the phone and double press power button, then tap.
for apple watch, just double press power button and tap.

the_gryffindor

Reaction score
Have feedback to them via Facebook on multiple occasion but proven fruitless....

It should be coming soon. I tried adding a Citibank card and saw the user agreement between Citibank Singapore and Apple Pay. Of course, it didn’t go through. I guess they are waiting for the official launch date.

chris888222

Reaction score
What if Citi becomes Singapore's Apple Pay Cash provider as well... Just a thought.

Citi used to have a great relationship with Apple here if I remember correctly they used to be the exclusive bank for Apple Store interest free instalments.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you put your phone near the reader on buses or trains, the Apple Pay screen will be activated but not able to go through yet. Just need someone to unlock it lol.

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It should be coming soon. I tried adding a Citibank card and saw the user agreement between Citibank Singapore and Apple Pay. Of course, it didn’t go through. I guess they are waiting for the official launch date.

Yup, it show the agreement but fail to contact card provider, should be coming soon just don’t know when.
rO0SCfl.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.