what is Sony next phone???

Hello_Kitty

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any rumours and speculation???

such as near bezel-less design???

model number??? xz2 premium???

launch by december or 2018???

i might skip iPhone X and go back to Sony since samSung Note 8 doesnt interest me

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I do know a lot of rumors and leaks came from esato forums.
They have those posts which mentioned insider news and sometimes a few guesswork.

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How to have dual speakers with bezel-less design? I think Japanese has their pride, don't like to be a copy cat. Lol.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sony may have a 18:9 display phone next year~

No objections to the advancement of technology, albeit I still do not see the benefits of 18:9 on a small display like phone, aside from the implementation in television sets which will permanently be in landscape mode.

A 16:9 display will always have larger display area than 18:9 display at the same length (diagonals), and also wider.

I.e. 5.8" 16:9 display > 5.8" 18.9 display.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why not acoustic surface like Bravia a1 or sharp aquos crystal.

Acoustic surface is a good idea to do away with excessive bezels for quality speakers.

But do take into consideration that most people will use screen protector and it may affect the sound quality of acoustic surface, which is not an issue for television sets.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No objections to the advancement of technology, albeit I still do not see the benefits of 18:9 on a small display like phone, aside from the implementation in television sets which will permanently be in landscape mode.

A 16:9 display will always have larger display area than 18:9 display at the same length (diagonals), and also wider.

I.e. 5.8" 16:9 display > 5.8" 18.9 display.
An 18:9 display in a phone may mean a smaller phone body but fitting a larger screen, but true that a 18:9 display shows fewer stuff as it had a smaller display area than a 16:9 display.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hoping they'll come up with an AMOLED phone soon.
Sony could be sourcing OLED display panels from LG for future Xperia, as they are also using OLED display panels from LG for their BRAVIA A1 OLED TV.

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sony could be sourcing OLED display panels from LG for future Xperia, as they are also using OLED display panels from LG for their BRAVIA A1 OLED TV.

LG needs to overtake Samsung OLED. Sammy is having the monopoly for too long...

bigbadber

Banned
Reaction score
will any other japanese company step up and make mobile phones for the international market?

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
http://www.gsmarena.com/next_gen_xperias_bezelless_design-news-27474.php

Managing Director of Sony India, Kenichiro Hibi, has stated that Sony is planning to launch next-gen Xperia phones and “you can expect a completely new design from the devices”. In other words, OmniBalance that has been employed since 2013 with the Xperia Z may be coming to an end.

Hibi knows the direction that the market is heading - 18:9 phones with bezel-less designs. And Sony may join this design trend with a new device “soon”.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.