No salesperson around at Giant Tampines when i visited just now to ask more

What you guys think?

This is the spec sheet

http://www.aocmonitorap.com/sg/product_display.php?id=5365

Last edited:

evoluti0n7

Reaction score
Did abit of research and AOC is actually philips
This brand AOC is actually a very popular pc monitor brand with AOC+Philips apparently the worldwide leader is display manufacturing
However, i think this is the first two model they launch in sg under AOC name.

Just appeared in Tampines Giant only according to other brand promoters

https://youtu.be/gwMnkJIS1cY

Hoping to buy but tot i check it out from kakis here first

Last edited:

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hoooo? Finally we have a cheap brand that doesn't say "I'm a piece of shyt"?

Did abit of research and AOC is actually philips

If I were the marketing team I would rid myself away from the Philips brand as far as possible.

evoluti0n7

Reaction score
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/house-displays-226/lg-49uj750t-49-49uj632t-4k-tv-5669190-5.html

I am looking for TVs too. Posted some prices of tvs in the above thread. Do let me know your opinions. The model u showed seems very price competitive for its tv size.

To be honest i am not very familar with all this
man.. trying do my own research and hoping from kakis inputs

There is also a 43in toshiba 2017(43u7650ve) model w ips panel @$668 till 27 september when i went

https://giantonline.com.sg/catalog/product/view/name/43-4k-smart-tv-5200384

u0206397

Reaction score
Hoooo? Finally we have a cheap brand that doesn't say "I'm a piece of shyt"?

If I were the marketing team I would rid myself away from the Philips brand as far as possible.

If this is just a Philips made TV, with the AOC brand pasted/printed on it, quality and reliability are still the same isn't it?

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If this is just a Philips made TV, with the AOC brand pasted/printed on it, quality and reliability are still the same isn't it?

It's the other way round... Philips doesn't actually make anything while AOC is a well-known manufacturer.

And Philips charges a high price for that sticker. First world prices for third world quality.

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score

bleonz

Reaction score
AOC is under TPV (one of Taiwan's top contract mfr companies)...TPV manufactures both AOC and some of the top tier Philips TVs...and of cos other brands like Sharp low end TVs, Vizio in USA etc.

For Philips TV, not all are manufactured by TPV except the higher and mid upper ranges (due to costs and technology IP issues). lower end ones are sub-con to a 3rd party contract mfr in China...that's explain the quality and warranty issues. So, when u see a big screen Philips TV with such low price, cfm from this 3rd party chinese sub-con factory.

So, AOC = Philips TV??? That's up to how u guys see it.

pangsl

Reaction score
Done lots of research before finally buying the 50 inch model (LE50U7970). Very good picture quality. Able to play 4K Youtube smoothly. All 4K files tested so far via USB (H.264/H.265, high bitrate) played smoothly. No official HDR, but the TV has very good black level and processing, almost HDR effect. This TV seems very popular in Latin America.

Based on other user's feedback and reviews:
>This TV using IPS RGB (not the inferior RGBW) panel with direct back-lit led (not edge-lit).
>Powered by the flagship MediaTek MT5596 SoC, 64-bit ARM-A53 quad-core processor operating at up to 1.1GHz and a Mali-T860 MP2 graphics processor
>Low input lag of 40ms, suitable for PC/PS4/XBox 4K gaming

All in all, a very good 4K TV at an amazing price. The picture quality is definitely better than the entry level Samsung/LG TV I have seen. Always do your own research and if possible test the TV in the showroom using your own 4K files in thumbdrive. Never listen to salesman's recommendation, they always steer you to TVs earning the highest commission for them.

However most Singaporean would not buy this model, as AOC is not "branded"...

BTW, I just called Philips Singapore to check, warranty is 3 years on-site.

Last edited:

Stallone

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow, 4K 50" for 500?

With 3yrs onsite warranty? Wu yia bo??

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.