DBS Vicker Trading account & DBS Treasures

BeHappyLo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
last I use is in Feb. Just login to check and so far never receive any rebate. :(

read my link……………the rebate is from NOW to 31 Dec 2017…………i cannot recall when this rebate started……………to me, it is not an issue at all……………capital gains and dividends count more………….i am just 'by the way' a little helpful………

i am too lazy to step through all my banks statements to check for u.

BeHappyLo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A joint account of deposit of $250,000 can be treasure already just that u won't have the treasure travel benefit

so the first account must be $350,000 or EACH joint account is $250,000 (making a total of $500,000) pl………..sorry la……….just a little kaypoh..

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
so the first account must be $350,000 or EACH joint account is $250,000 (making a total of $500,000) pl………..sorry la……….just a little kaypoh..

No, can just put all $250,000 into a joint account, then that joint account holders will become a treasure account

No need to be a treasure first or put $350,000 first unless u want the travel benefits

BeHappyLo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No, can just put all $250,000 into a joint account, then that joint account holders will become a treasure account

No need to be a treasure first or put $350,000 first unless u want the travel benefits

kam sia….!!

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Just take note that this is only for buying. Good for buy and hold. When you need to sell, it will be 0.28%, min $25, and $5 rebate if selling thru DBS Vickers.

Dbs treasure (custodian) and dbs vickers (cdp) are 2 different account fyi

Alex K

Reaction score
Was aware. Was coming from context of non-treasures customers, who iirc have to use dbs vickers cash upfront account to buy at the promo rates, but can only sell at non-promo 0.28% at T+3 but with $5 rebate.

klarklar

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing:)

Hi DBS Bank,

I am thinking of moving away from SCB priority banking to DBS Treasures. SCB priority banking has a free USD high account with USD cheque book. It pays my equity dividends in USD into this account and allows me to make withdrawals with a USD cheque book.

I would like to know if DBS has similar offering as SCB. Is it free like SCB's?

Thank you.

foozgarden

Master Member
Reaction score
what are the travel benefits? PP lounge?

A joint account of deposit of $250,000 can be treasure already just that u won't have the treasure travel benefit

anyone using thier iwealth platform?
as bad/good as the new SCB platform?

both are custodial accts. so now only depend on commission rates.

Hi DBS Bank,

I am thinking of moving away from SCB priority banking to DBS Treasures. SCB priority banking has a free USD high account with USD cheque book. It pays my equity dividends in USD into this account and allows me to make withdrawals with a USD cheque book.

I would like to know if DBS has similar offering as SCB. Is it free like SCB's?

Thank you.

foozgarden

Master Member
Reaction score
Just take note that this is only for buying. Good for buy and hold. When you need to sell, it will be 0.28%, min $25, and $5 rebate if selling thru DBS Vickers.

Should spread this good DBS offer to more SCB priority banking customers. It is common sense for them to switch over to DBS. 0.12% commission with SGD5 rebate for each online trade.

iirc, the $5 rebate is only online via DBSV.
not sure if the iwealth gets the $5 rebate too..
anyone tried already?

DBS is better. Commission is 0.12% compared to SCB 0.18% for priority banking clients.

commission on iwealth is better for sure.
lagi better if got $5 rebate also.

Rainbow1112

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have just open a Vickers account and received my ID/PW. How do I check who is the broker that is assigned to me in case I encounter issue with the portal?

rerear

Reaction score
Anyone can advise the difference in rates for treasures versus scb? Is it 0.12% versus 0.2%?

The 0.12% is it just for 2017 promo?

Also what are the fees for transferring from scb into treasures?

itedino

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have just open a Vickers account and received my ID/PW. How do I check who is the broker that is assigned to me in case I encounter issue with the portal?

U big player. Haha. Just call them. Anyone will attend to u

Rainbow1112

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Can someone please enlighten me?
What does it mean by cash upfront?

Also, is the 0.12% commission rate charged by Vickers the cheapest in the market as of 8 October 2017? Is the 0.12% commission applicable to anyone who trades on Vickers?

https://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/pro...Ur3q_BKTsXfqTRIHs_MaAgr6EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

cash upfront mean u got to topup your account before buying stocks.
you can topup by using ibanking. There also a ongoing promotion for every trade you get $5 rebate

if you're new to Vickers just use cash account for your 1st 3 trades as there rebate for the 1st 3 trades.

Last edited:

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cash upfront mean u got to topup your account before buying stocks.
you can topup by using ibanking. There also a ongoing promotion for every trade you get $5 rebate

if you're new to Vickers just use cash account for your 1st 3 trades as there rebate for the 1st 3 trades.

that time say got rebate I trade le always nv get leh :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.