Johor Bahru - share is caring

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbmars1128

Reaction score
How's Aeon Dato Onn compared with Aeon Tebrau and Bukit Indah? Bigger? Smaller? :)

crowd wise, I think Tebrau is more packed... but price wise, I prefer Tebrau. Dato Onn is an upmarket area. seems to me that price are equally high

merrr111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys, any mobile shops or those push cart mobile stalls to recommend at city square or ksl to repair my iphone 5 unresponsive screen?...:o

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dato Onn is smaller than Tebrau. Many people window shopping and not much buying. Sports planet was having 40% additional off sale price for selected items. Some shops yet to open. Did not see a cinema there, maybe miss it.

crowd wise, I think Tebrau is more packed... but price wise, I prefer Tebrau. Dato Onn is an upmarket area. seems to me that price are equally high

Thanks for sharing! :)

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the new aeon bandar dato onn is really not bad.

looks slightly abit more atas than bukit indah. the settings all is quite comfortable.

i took ard 15mins drive from the shell station after clearing custom.

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Planning to drive to legoland via causeway.

Looking at the map, it seems very complicated to hit coastal highway.

Upon clearing JB custom, may I know if I should go up or down the slope?

Any clearer driving directions please? Thank you

madcampus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Planning to drive to legoland via causeway.

Looking at the map, it seems very complicated to hit coastal highway.

Upon clearing JB custom, may I know if I should go up or down the slope?

Any clearer driving directions please? Thank you

Do you know this is the best way to head to LEGOLAND? There is basically no traffic light at all once you exit JB custom till you hit LEGOLAND.

Just go up the slope after exit JB custom and you're on Jalan Tun Abdul Razak road. Go all the way till you come near Danga Bay area look at the signboard "kota Iskandar" and "nusajaya". Google map in Malaysia already got street view, pls do some homework and familiarise on those intersection.

Tsoukalos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Experience on Saturday going in JB.
Just share yesterday’s experience.

11.30am: Woodlands interchange
11.45am: CIQ. Pretty fast response from thumbprint machine compared to previose experiences. Saw some vendors monitoring at the counter.
11.45am: Queue for bus. Plenty of CW buses and long queues.
12.30pm: Reach JB immigration. Hall was packed full until don’t know is the end of queues. 1 counter can have 2 to 3 queues merging into 1 counter.
2.00pm: Cleared immigration.

City square to Aeon Dato Onn
30-45 minutes by Uber. Yesterday seemed not much Grab car on the road. Plenty of metered Grab taxi. More Uber yesterday.
Level 3 of Aeon Daton Oon are restaurants. Level 1 had Aeon supermarket. Checkout counters not packed like Aeon Tebrau.
Not much available grab/uber at 6pm to go back from Dato Oon. Waited quite a while before got a uber.

Cleared JB customs in 15 minutes. Traffic jam on causeway. Cleared CIQ in 15 minutes. The thumbprint scanner is slower compared to exiting SG.

Hope this helps planning a trip on Saturday.

couple questions as quite a while no ghost jiuhu land.
thumbprint scanner? chiu mean like when we exit sg customs? thought only jiuhu kia & bu gotch this function? now sinkie also have? same place as manual chop chop counter?

how chiu use grab inside? same as sg? must have autoroam enabled boh?
cause need on GPS. cheaper compared to cab?

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think driving to legoland is quite a breeze.. quite straightforward and got signboard along the way.

i drove there twice, but then i use gps though, via google map offline.

now google can download maps offline and navigate using google map even without data.

sherlyn2506

Reaction score
Hi, anyone knows where to take private car back to sg from in? I used to take $15 sgd per person in a 7 person sharing a car from Larkin back to direct home but I can't find it anymore, only the taxi to Bugis, any advise?

sendtolee

Reaction score

Packed now as newly opened. I find prices at aeon malls most of the time higher especially supermarket. But their supermarket variety and quality of goods are similar to Cold Storage here. Tesco is more like Giant variety and quality. No need to get excited, these are my personal opinions...haha...

sendtolee

Reaction score
the new aeon bandar dato onn is really not bad.

looks slightly abit more atas than bukit indah. the settings all is quite comfortable.

i took ard 15mins drive from the shell station after clearing custom.

You went by highway. The uber I used went by small roads and into industrial estates...haha...

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You went by highway. The uber I used went by small roads and into industrial estates...haha...

no wonder lah.

someone screenshot your post and showed me.. . taking a reference at how long u took to reach there.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Packed now as newly opened. I find prices at aeon malls most of the time higher especially supermarket. But their supermarket variety and quality of goods are similar to Cold Storage here. Tesco is more like Giant variety and quality. No need to get excited, these are my personal opinions...haha...

if they can maintain the supermarket then i think its not too bad. agreed that the place looks a little bit upscale.

they have uniqlo, h&m and stuffs which bukit indah lacks. food wise option also much better than bukit indah.

i seldom go tebrau so hard to compare for me.

bbmars1128

Reaction score

Yes and no. When I 1st started buying stuff from JB supermarket, I used to compare prices, check out online advertisement between Tesco, Jusco, Giant, The Store and UO Store.
Sometimes, within waling distance, I would visit these mart if possible.. e.g Tebrau Tesco and Jusco. Go The Store and then UO Store, check and buy similar items and record their prices.

Initially, it was Tesco (check Jusco price before buying - Tebrau branch) and UO store depending on where I go. most stuff from Tesco and sometime sales, cheaper at Jusco. After Tesco UK went into financial trouble.. prices started rocking. After awhile, I started to shop less at Tesco as prices seems to be higher, either mark up or Jusco having better sales items.
I tried several times at Giant, missed the promotion items, but other stuff, ended up hardly buy as they seem more costly. Sometimes even higher than what I can get in SG. Of course, there are stuff cheaper. I never assume things are always cheaper in MY. I hardly buy any toiletry stuff as my SG source is almost certain cheaper than JB. If you know where to get, you will understand what I mean.

If I am going for specific stuff, I would walk to UO Store at Denga City Mall.. most stuff such as snack items are much cheaper there including clothing. However, the place kind of run down type of store but goods are value for $$.

Of late, due to certain reason, shop mostly at The Store and then Aeon. On my own, I would do either Tesco or The Store (nothing really to buy) depending on my intended trip

Occasionally, Econ Save. Most stuff are cheaper... but ...place wise, like our old Emporium holding type of traditional store, more like Prime supermarket. Even Prime has updated facility now. So some may not like the ambience.

Last edited:

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Toiletries in JB not cheaper? More expensive than CK here?

Sent from HUAWEI VIE-L29 using GAGT

nowadays the difference not that much i think. some stuffs in jb is selling even more ex than sg.

take for instance i used to buy persil washing powder whenever i go jb. its selling ard 14+ after conversion, sg selling ard 15+ , but sometimes i can buy at 12+ at sg during promotion.

but i think shampoo wise, jb is still cheaper.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i only go jb eat but i will avoid raw food like sushi :p
i scare LS le.

or buy some teh or coffee 3-in-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.