Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Question on seating for JR train Hokkaido

Hi,

I plan to take the JR train from Tomamu station to Minami Chitose station then to destination in Hakodate station. It is basically 2 legs of train rides totalling about 4 hr 20 mins.

As it is a long journey and I am bringing luggage, my question is will we be able to book seats or is it like our MRTs where there is no booking and chance of being forced to stand all the way?

Thanks!

Vulpix

Reaction score
Dun just go there for the steak my dearest guild leader ;)

No lah siao. It's more like when I see Osaka related sites most recommend go Kobe and Himeji. But both places don't interest me or my wife.

Vulpix

Reaction score
Night view from mt rokko is considered the top 3 night view in japan.
Akashi kaikyo bridge is quite nice also. It is the world longest suspension bridge

My plan is only for day trip. I'll check out the bridge and see if it's interesting.

sharshar

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
herrows!

im planning to go tokyo - nagano (snowboarding) - osaka

is it worth getting the 7 day JR pass? flying in tokyo and flying out osaka~

tia~

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I plan to take the JR train from Tomamu station to Minami Chitose station then to destination in Hakodate station. It is basically 2 legs of train rides totalling about 4 hr 20 mins.

As it is a long journey and I am bringing luggage, my question is will we be able to book seats or is it like our MRTs where there is no booking and chance of being forced to stand all the way?

Thanks!
Both legs are on limited express trains, which u can reserve the seat in advance

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My plan is only for day trip. I'll check out the bridge and see if it's interesting.
There is sufficient time to view night view at mt rokko and return to osaka, coz kobe is quite near. I did kobe on a day trip as well

Vulpix

Reaction score
There is sufficient time to view night view at mt rokko and return to osaka, coz kobe is quite near. I did kobe on a day trip as well

I asked in the reno thread but gonna paste it here too:

Sigh. Although my trip is still a few months away, I just cannot decide if I want to stay at Osaka airport hotel or chiong to Kyoto. My flight lands at 9:35pm, maybe clear liao is 10:45pm. Last train confirm miss liao.

Still got airport shuttle http://www.okkbus.co.jp/en/timetable/kix/t_kyt.html and private https://www.mktaxi-japan.com/kyotoshuttle that should be able to bring me to Kyoto station, but is this worth the effort? Got such thing as 2 hours clear customs one? When I was in France the airport really took almost 1 hour 45 minutes to clear me and my friends...

You got any thoughts? What are the chances of 11:45 then manage to clear customs?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
herrows!

im planning to go tokyo - nagano (snowboarding) - osaka

is it worth getting the 7 day JR pass? flying in tokyo and flying out osaka~

tia~
U can use hyperdia to check the fare. Tokyo to nagano is 8000yen, and nagano to osaka is 13990yen. Total still short of the 29110yen JR pass. So not worth unless there are other places u are heading to

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I asked in the reno thread but gonna paste it here too:

You got any thoughts? What are the chances of 11:45 then manage to clear customs?
Personally i will just stay a night at airport hotel. Less risk. U never know how long it can take for customs, or whether flight will be delayed. Since it is ur honeymoon, try to make it as smooth as possible. Dun end up having to rush, or miss last train/bus to kyoto. Or arriving at kyoto at midnight and still finding ur way to hotel

sharshar

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U can use hyperdia to check the fare. Tokyo to nagano is 8000yen, and nagano to osaka is 13990yen. Total still short of the 29110yen JR pass. So not worth unless there are other places u are heading to
no plan to head else where at the moment :sad: is just a short trip :sad:

sharshar

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then maybe drop osaka?
Just tokyo nagano tokyo.. Then can save more on transport.
And flight probably cheaper coz not open jaw

I already booked my flight! Sq at 690$!!

Tokyo cos of final fantasy exhibiton, and osaka cos of final fantasy roller coaster at usj..

Its just that its the perfect time to go snowboard so im trying to squeeze that in :s22:

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I already booked my flight! Sq at 690$!!

Tokyo cos of final fantasy exhibiton, and osaka cos of final fantasy roller coaster at usj..

Its just that its the perfect time to go snowboard so im trying to squeeze that in :s22:
Wow.. Didnt know got final fantasy exhibit. Until when?
Usj one is permanent attraction?

TheOneL

Reaction score
Photographer recommendation needed for surprise proposal in Japan!

Hi all,

I am planning to propose to my girlfriend in Japan in late Nov.

Anyone has any experience or recommendation for an affordable photographer (probably below SGD250) to capture the moment either in Tokyo or Hokkaido??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.