Lumia 950XL & 950 - WP10 Flagship

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score

HL

Reaction score
[PSA] I just bought 2x original Microsoft Lumia 950 XL batteries, BV-T4D at $25.29 each.

Unicell Singapore is selling it. Call them to check stock level.

Bro, may I know whats the expiry date on the batteries? Thx.

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Battery don't have expiry date. They have manufactured dates. In this case, I have no idea.

However, I've been testing these 2 batteries and I am having issues so any bros here interested don't buy from them yet until I've finishes testing.

I have 2 950 XL so I bought 2 batteries from Unicell. However, the first 3 days of using, I have a lot of black-out/power loss which requires me to take out the battery and ON both the phones. I am NOT even able to soft reset.

This issue happens when I tried to take a picture with or without flash. It also happens when I use Maps to navigate. It even happens sometimes in Windows Store when updating apps. This suggest the battery is not able to supply enough current to power the hardware.

There are a few possibilities, the batteries are very old or they are not manufactured to Microsoft specs. The strange thing is, the batteries have the original Microsoft brand on it, BUT it is thinner than my original batteries. They are also lighter at 46g compared to original 55g each.

It is possible Unicell makes these batteries using other material so I'm calibration the batteries using the original Lumia 950XL charger. Will let y'all know how it goes. If they still can't supply enough current, I'm returning the batteries.

Timbre70

Reaction score
Check whether your battery rattles or wobbles; give your phone a shake. If so, cut and put some papers to secure the battery.

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion but no, bro. The way the battery is mounted in the 950XL makes it impossible to rattle because the top is secured by the camera module and the contact points are at the bottom. The back-cover is also very tight because there are 4 contact points for the NFC and Qi wireless charging.

When I say thin, I mean the center of the battery is thinner than usual. The top and bottom of the battery casing is the same thickness as the original battery.

I have completed calibration of the first battery and my backup 950XL doesn't seem to black-out anymore when there's high current drain. Now running the battery life test to see if its discharge characteristics indicates an old or under-specced battery.

merlot6230

Reaction score
the link on the Microsoft store is here

Have ordered a Lumia 950, gonna use as a spare. order has been despatched too.

my main driver is still the first lumia 950 that i bought over a year ago. still working fine, still getting OS updates and the microsoft app updates on a regular basis. still have whatsapp. camera is still really good. wireless charging is so convenient. all still ok for me!

any advice why you choose 950 instead of 950xl ? I m contemplating since got free docking...i plan to use on samsung dex station instead of the dock look like so many cable dangling around..

any advice

Reaction score
Stupid question....are either 950 or 950XL still available anywhere in SG, new, not 2nd hand and cheaper than original price?

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Bad news guys, the batteries I got from Unicell seems under-specced. As the battery runs out, I'm still getting black-outs once the battery meter drops below 40% or when you REALLY drain the battery by switching on GPS, Hotspot and taking pictures.

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In got my batteries from China for my 950 also, though they don't blackout but they cannot hold charge very well and battery life drops fairly quickly :(

Bad news guys, the batteries I got from Unicell seems under-specced. As the battery runs out, I'm still getting black-outs once the battery meter drops below 40% or when you REALLY drain the battery by switching on GPS, Hotspot and taking pictures.

Ibodnano

Reaction score
And now apple ditches home button and go for gesture based navigation. It reminds me of N9 Swipe. Edge to edge screen is the new trend now.

1a2a3a

Reaction score
Guys need help badly. Where can I get Lumia 950 replacement battery?
Phone died after reaching 40% and keep going into infinite loop. Reinstall os and everything still the same....

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys need help badly. Where can I get Lumia 950 replacement battery?
Phone died after reaching 40% and keep going into infinite loop. Reinstall os and everything still the same....

Hey 1a2a3a, if you wanna buy from Taobao, can I tompang? I need one 1020 and 1 950XL.

mightythor

Reaction score
My Lumia 950 is dead, after a fall from height. Anyone know where I can get a new set, please pm me. Am still keen on Windows phones. Thanks...

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i wait till long neck liao ...... :s22:
actually microsoft phone is nice just the app problem, very less.

Now im using android ... what a nightmate phone.
i tot android OS aldy very stable but actually not really
Even iphone OS more stable n compatible than android.
But i still luv windows OS ..... when will come out new flahship phone ... :(:(:(
What Android are you using? Just curious

Sent from HTC Nexus 9 using GAGT

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Lumia 950 is dead, after a fall from height. Anyone know where I can get a new set, please pm me. Am still keen on Windows phones. Thanks...
I think you can consider alternatives like the Alcatel idol 4s windows or hp elite x3. Both perform faster and have much better battery life than the Lumia 950/950xl and have fingerprint sensors. Only issue is their cameras CMI

Sent from HTC Nexus 9 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.