Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am planning to propose to my girlfriend in Japan in late Nov.

Anyone has any experience or recommendation for an affordable photographer (probably below SGD250) to capture the moment either in Tokyo or Hokkaido??

you might want to try japan guide forum too

sharshar

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anybody used the luggage forwarding service from hotel to hotel and hotel to airport? can share price please~

rogue_strider

Reaction score
I asked in the reno thread but gonna paste it here too:

You got any thoughts? What are the chances of 11:45 then manage to clear customs?

I did the 9.35pm flight 2 times already and I usually stay at the airport hotel and take the Haruka in the morning as I was tired after the flight. I arrive in kyoto ard 10 plus, stuff my luggage in the lockers and go sightseeing as my airbnb had a check in time of 3pm.

The other option would be taking the bus and arriving at the Kyoto station at 1am and depend on your hotel or airbnb, you either have to walk somemore or take taxi.

If you don't think you will be tired after the flight, you can do go straight to kyoto. Kansai is not so busy at night. If everything is as per normal, you should be able to clear customs in 45 - 60 mins. The taxi shuttle you linked to, do wait for the last internation flight so I am pretty sure if you provide all your flight information, they can wait for you.

rogue_strider

Reaction score
If I go Osaka n Kyoto for 8D9N, is it too much? 1st time going japan

Not really. You can cover Osaka for 3 days, 1 day for Nara and 4 Days for Kyoto. Quite a lot of attractions to see can easily fill up 8 days. Further more you can also do a 1 day Kobe/Himeji side trip.

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score
Not really. You can cover Osaka for 3 days, 1 day for Nara and 4 Days for Kyoto. Quite a lot of attractions to see can easily fill up 8 days. Further more you can also do a 1 day Kobe/Himeji side trip.

If my hotel in Osaka, I go Kyoto n Nara n even Kobe, no issue? I dun really planning to shift hotels

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If my hotel in Osaka, I go Kyoto n Nara n even Kobe, no issue? I dun really planning to shift hotels

No issue. Day trips can be planned to each of the places you mentioned. There are many day trip itineraries to Kyoto, Nara and Kobe from Osaka available on the Internet. A lot of trip blogs wrote about them. Just Google and you'll find a lot of detailed information.

Just that you may get tired of the travelling every start of the day and end of the day, but if you don't wish to change hotel then just bear with it.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you are worried abt missiles? tbh no one can tell, lil Kim knows he can't do the first strike which will give China and USA pretext but we can't really be too sure of what can happen

edit: on a added note, lil Kim can launch rocket strikes against Seoul far more easily and there is nothing that can prevent it nor intercept it with 100% success rate. Hitting Japan with a shorter range missile isn't impossible but there is still some what of a early warning

Last edited:

thwysg

Reaction score
If I go Osaka n Kyoto for 8D9N, is it too much? 1st time going japan

I remember you're bringing your child along. Not sure if you'll be doing a lot of temple visits. You can consider some of the places below.

For Osaka:
- Osaka Kaiyukan
- USJ (there's Hello Kitty and Sesame Street characters)
- Tennoji Zoo
- Kidzania Osaka
- Lego Discovery Center

For Kyoto:
- Kyoto Railway Museum
- Kyoto City Zoo

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
you are worried abt missiles? tbh no one can tell, lil Kim knows he can't do the first strike which will give China and USA pretext but we can't really be too sure of what can happen

edit: on a added note, lil Kim can launch rocket strikes against Seoul far more easily and there is nothing that can prevent it nor intercept it with 100% success rate. Hitting Japan with a shorter range missile isn't impossible but there is still some what of a early warning

wah both places im going next year... then how? should i postpone the buying of tickets till next year, jan?

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah both places im going next year... then how? should i postpone the buying of tickets till next year, jan?

You have to decide for yourself based on your comfort level. There's still lots of people visiting both countries.

Thought you would be more worried about earthquakes in Japan. A big earthquake around Tokyo is overdue for years.

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score
No issue. Day trips can be planned to each of the places you mentioned. There are many day trip itineraries to Kyoto, Nara and Kobe from Osaka available on the Internet. A lot of trip blogs wrote about them. Just Google and you'll find a lot of detailed information.

Just that you may get tired of the travelling every start of the day and end of the day, but if you don't wish to change hotel then just bear with it.

So is it quite common to book hotels at those places n keep moving? Since 1st trip to Japan, I think I might not stretch too much n go so many places. I think at most 3 places

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.