Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, we NO LONGER can accurately compare M1/Singtel to Starhub.

The NEW Starhub mobile plans come with FREE weekend data.

Out of 30days -- EVERY MONTH got 8 to 10 days which is either Sat or Sun -- so FREE data due to weekend.

I (already) heard cases of people who enable hotspot on their phone for family members to share -- whenever they go out with family members on weekends.

This means ALL family members get FREE weekend data -- during any weekend family outings -- as long as at least 1 family member uses the new Starhub mobile plans.

ONLY mobile data used during Mon to Fri -- will count towards ACTUAL mobile data usage from the monthly quota.

UNLESS you know the (exact) DIFFERENCE between weekday & weekend mobile data usage of the user -- it is likely not useful/meaningful to advise (anyone) whether Starhub SIM only more worth it or M1/Singtel SIM ONLY more worth it.

Ya, unless his intention is to do the same as what you said, if it’s just 2-6GB part month, then StarHub new plans is pointless.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If 2 to 6 will then Best go for sim only 12mth pack even if need new phones it still worth long term even the cost is expensive

trader789

Reaction score
- Yes, no termination charge or early recontract charge.
- Yes, you'll lose the 50 outgoing mins, Unlimited Free Calls to 3 M1 numbers, and 700 SMS/MMS.
- In the 12 months contract, you'll get 5GB (vs 4GB), but if never recontract, you'll only get 2GB (vs 3GB).
- Upsized Data will be removed as it is not eligible.
- If you've Multi-Service Saver (MSS), you'll lose one line for counting towards the MSS. (I've posted the example a few days ago, go read in this thread.)
I also on sim20.upsized 1G. Caller Id. Total about $32 on 6G data. With new Sim20 will need to pay $25 but only get 5G. Cannot upsized.

hinamoriamu

Reaction score
Pls help me ask if SAF11B for NSFs are allowed for the promotion as well if applicable, I need it haha.

Just think of the mySIM 3 50 12 months, you’re getting 30+2GB data at just $25/mth. Most worth plan out there.

No CIS discount for new mysim plan.
50% apply to those normal 2 year contract plan(and you are required to sign 2 yeat contract to enjoy)

As for mindef folks, can consider take mysim45+ with a year contract, with disc + cid, it cost $30.10 woth gst for a year contract. 400 min with 6GB + 2GB(can be upsize further if you need.). Of course it won't match current mysim plan that give you huge data.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No CIS discount for new mysim plan.
50% apply to those normal 2 year contract plan(and you are required to sign 2 yeat contract to enjoy)

As for mindef folks, can consider take mysim45+ with a year contract, with disc + cid, it cost $30.10 woth gst for a year contract. 400 min with 6GB + 2GB(can be upsize further if you need.). Of course it won't match current mysim plan that give you huge data.

Wait I’m confused. mySIM+ plans are alr discontinued and not avail ole for signup or recontract, how can we get that?

Also, mySIM+ 45 is $45/mth excluding CID, How come yours is $30.10?

Another thing, as I asked before, is it applicable for NSFs too?

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On the web, u won't be able to see, probably needs to go down their shop to check.

Alr no Longer for recontract or sign up from 31 Aug, I wanted to call in to extend my mySIM+ 15 12 months contract to Sep 2018 from May 2018 also not allowed.

hinamoriamu

Reaction score
Wait I’m confused. mySIM+ plans are alr discontinued and not avail ole for signup or recontract, how can we get that?

Also, mySIM+ 45 is $45/mth excluding CID, How come yours is $30.10?

Another thing, as I asked before, is it applicable for NSFs too?

As mentioned, is for mindef folks only. More info you can call 1622 @ cis department

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As mentioned, is for mindef folks only. More info you can call 1622 @ cis department

I called in alr, yes the plan is still available, but only for 12 months contract.

NSFs under MINDEF (SAF/RSAF/DSTA/Navy) are all able to get it.

Also, 50% discount for handset plans with free autoroam and Caller ID available as well, promo till 1 Oct 2017.

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Get the latest phones at $0 upfront with SIM Only

Looking for an handset to purchase when signing up for our SIM Only plans?

You can pay $0 upfront and get 8% discount on the retail price of selected handsets for credit card instalment payment plans from DBS, POSB, UOB and Citibank. You can opt for 12/24-month credit card instalment plan.

1RmYepU.jpg

For more information on our SIM Only plans, do check out the link below:
https://www.singtel.com/personal/i/phones-plans/mobile/postpaid/sim-only

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to us here. :)

Last edited:

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singtel I saw the package free caller I'd is for the 12nth pack or ?

Looking for an handset to purchase when signing up for our SIM Only plans?

You can pay $0 upfront and get 8% discount on the retail price of selected handsets for credit card instalment payment plans from DBS, POSB, UOB and Citibank. You can opt for 6/12/24-month credit card instalment plan.

1RmYepU.jpg

For more information on our SIM Only plans, do check out the link below:
https://www.singtel.com/personal/i/phones-plans/mobile/postpaid/sim-only

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to us here. :)

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I were to convert from my Combo 2 to SIM Only Starter 5GB, I don't have to pay any sort of registration fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.