EZLink or NETS Flashpay with credit cards

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah,, Thing is, I closed boc smartsaver and moved to UOB one. So I could not hit the 500 spend as I am doing that for UOB one. Next month onward UOB will not count Ez reload as eligible spend for bonus interest. So I am now not tied up and have many option to choose my next card.

Did POSB have Friday Free rides? Never knew abt it..Still on?

Posb friday free rides promo over http://www.posb.com.sg/personal/cards/cards-posb-transit.page?cid=sg-posb-vanity-cards-posb-transit

There are still some ongoing promo for using credit cards with mastercard paypass registered with ABT.

1) free $10 rides each month for SCB till 19 Sep https://www.sc.com/sg/bank-with-us/manage-your-payments/account-based-ticketing/

2) 10% rebate for CIMB till 19 sep http://www.cimbbank.com.sg/en/personal/news-and-promotions/promotions/cards/cimb-mastercard-tap-and-go-bus-and-train-rides-10percent-cash-credit-promotion.html

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After the ABT promos can consider

1) use back boc family
2) uob delight 3% for nfp atu but need min $400 monthly spend
3) citi smrt 1.7%-2% for ezreload, 25cent convenience fee waived. 1.7% if cannot meet $300 min spend, 2% if can meet.

Last edited:

invisible999

Master Member
Reaction score
3) citi smrt 1.7%-2% for ezreload, 25cent convenience fee waived. 1.7% if cannot meet $300 min spend, 2% if can meet.

Am I correct that if one wants to use a card only for ez-reload/GTM top-up with max $200/mo spent, above is the only reasonable option?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Am I correct that if one wants to use a card only for ez-reload/GTM top-up with max $200/mo spent, above is the only reasonable option?

Can also consider HSBC revolution for 5x points up to $200 in ezreload/ nfp atu.

kokokrunchh

Reaction score
Hi, just got my BOC family card, hoping to use the ATU to earn 5% cashback. Some qns for experts here,

1) I won't be using flashplay for transport or ERP, so where are some common places flashplay is accepted?
2) ATU won't be trigger unless transport or ERP is it?
3) from what I read, there is a fee of 50 cent for ATU to BOC card, 25 cent if ATU to another flashplay, am I right?

Thanks!

vegavega25

Reaction score
Credit card and EZLink/NETS Flashpay

So if I understand it correctly, some credit cards give rebates for general top-up or reloads (i.e. not auto-reloads) for EZLink and NETS Flashpay reload via the GTM or the phone app, and some don't.

For example, Standard Chartered Ultimate Cashback makes it clear that EZLink transactions don't qualify for cashback and CIMB Platinum MC/Visa Signature say that EZLink transactions don't qualify for cashback or even for counting towards the 8xS$30 transactions.

My question: Is this consistent across all credit card companies? Specifically does an EZLink or NETS Flashpay top-up using the Citibank Cash Back card qualify for meeting the monthly S$888 spend? Similarly for BOC Family, would it qualify for the meeting the monthly S$500 spend?

Thanks!

Keladin

Reaction score
So if I understand it correctly, some credit cards give rebates for general top-up or reloads (i.e. not auto-reloads) for EZLink and NETS Flashpay reload via the GTM or the phone app, and some don't.

For example, Standard Chartered Ultimate Cashback makes it clear that EZLink transactions don't qualify for cashback and CIMB Platinum MC/Visa Signature say that EZLink transactions don't qualify for cashback or even for counting towards the 8xS$30 transactions.

My question: Is this consistent across all credit card companies? Specifically does an EZLink or NETS Flashpay top-up using the Citibank Cash Back card qualify for meeting the monthly S$888 spend? Similarly for BOC Family, would it qualify for the meeting the monthly S$500 spend?

Thanks!

EZ-Reload applicable for 1.5% rebate as per SCB T&C below:

The Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Credit Card (“Card”) gives you 1.5% cashback (“Unlimited Cashback“) when you (including your supplementary cardholder(s) on your Card account) charge Eligible Retail Transactions (refer to transaction exclusions below) to the Card. The following transactions are not Eligible Retail Transactions and will not earn Unlimited Cashback: a) any cash advance; b) any fees and charges (including annual fees, late payment fees, interest charges, and or finance charges) charged to your Card; c) any balance or fund transfer; d) any monthly instalment of an EasyPay transaction; e) any amount charged to your Card (and/or your supplementary credit card) that is subsequently cancelled, voided, refunded or reversed; f) recurring payments or payments made to all billing organisations using Standard Chartered Online Banking; g) AXS or ATM transactions made using the Card; h) amounts which have been rolled over from the preceding months’ statements; i) tax refunds credited into your Card account (and/or your supplementary credit card account); j) any tax payments charged to your Card (and/or your supplementary credit card); k) any insurance premiums charged to your Card (and/or your supplementary credit card); and l) any top-ups or payment of funds to any prepaid cards (with the exception of EZ-Reload charged to your Card) and any prepaid accounts including without limitation to the following accounts or any other accounts as we may specify from time to time: EZ LINK PTE LTD, EZ LINK PTE LTD (FEVO), EZ-LINK PTE LTD SINGAPORE, EZ-LINK TOP-UP KIOSK, EZ-LINK (IMAGINE CARD), EZLINK*, EZ LINK, EZLINKS.COM, FLASHPAY ATU, TRANSITLINK*, TRANSIT LINK*, TRANSIT LINK PL, TRANSIT, MB* MONEYBOOKERS.COM, WWW.IGMARKETS.COM.SG, OANDAASIAPA, OANDA ASIA PAC, PAYPAL * BIZCONSULTA, PAYPAL * OANDAASIAPA, PAYPAY * CAPITALROYA, Saxo Cap Mkts Pte Ltd and SKR*SKRILL.COM. Unlimited Cashback is computed on a monthly basis based on your statement date and will be calculated based on two decimal places for each individual Eligible Retail Transaction without any rounding off . Unlimited Cashback earned will be reflected in that month’s card statement but credited to your principal Card account only in the following statement cycle month. Such Unlimited Cashback amount will be automatically offset against the following statement cycle month’s billed amount. Unlimited Cashback earned by your supplementary cardholder(s) of the Card will be credited into your principal Card account. Click here for the full Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Credit Card Terms and Conditions that apply.

poandmad

Reaction score
Anyway, just like to share some experience regarding Nets Flashpay.
If your credit card expired, your auto top up on nets flashpay would get blocked, and you won't be able to use the card anymore. So I went to their tiong bahru office and asked to resolve this issue. So the customer service lady said she can unblock it, but that day, the machine to do that got issue or something, so cannot unblock. Then she asked me to pay the 50.25 for the auto top up and said that the credit left in the card would be refunded to me in 14 working days, and she has to cancel that nets flashpay card. I almost just left like that, but remembered that I don't have any nets flashpay cards to use for transit. So I ask her if I needed to buy a new one now. She said yeah pay 5 dollars for the new card and 7 dollar for inital top up. Which didn't felt right. I came here to get my card unblocked and it was their machine that was being faulty that day and could not do it, so she cancelled my card. I don't think i have to pay for a new card, i think i should have a replacement card. Instead of owning up to her mistake, she said 'alright, out of goodwill, will give you a new card' emphasis again on out of goodwill. Walau. Like she being super nice and going the extra mile to give me a replacement card when it is their problem for not being able to use their machine to unblock the card, so have to give replacement. Shouldn't this be standard protocol?
Coming to the refund thing: said it's 14 working days, and stated so on the form i filled out. but 14 working days passed, and i don't see any money being deposited into my bank account. called customer service to check on the status. customer service told me that it was only processed 14 days (normal days, not working days) after the day i went to unblock the card, and that the refund would only go into my bank account in another 14 working days. so it's actually 1 month plus before i see the refund.
Before i went to the tiong bahru office, i also called them to check regarding this issue. customer service directed me to another finance personnel to check. so i called this finance personnel. finance personnel said he will call me back later after checking. wait one whole afternoon, he didn't call back. i call the number again and again around 4-5pm, no one picked up.
An excellent customer service experience that you would love.
On another note, if you use credit card for auto top ups, take note that they would sort of preauthorise a 50 dollars x 4 weeks each month to ensure that your credit card has sufficient credit for auto top ups you do in the month, so if say your credit limit is 1000, your actual credit limit would be decreased by 200 dollars, so left 800 to spend.

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score
If your credit card expired, your auto top up on nets flashpay would get blocked, and you won't be able to use the card anymore. So I went to their tiong bahru office and asked to resolve this issue. So the customer service lady said she can unblock it, but that day, the machine to do that got issue or something, so cannot unblock. Then she asked me to pay the 50.25 for the auto top up and said that the credit left in the card would be refunded to me in 14 working days, and she has to cancel that nets flashpay card. I almost just left like that, but remembered that I don't have any nets flashpay cards to use for transit. So I ask her if I needed to buy a new one now. She said yeah pay 5 dollars for the new card and 7 dollar for inital top up. Which didn't felt right. I came here to get my card unblocked and it was their machine that was being faulty that day and could not do it, so she cancelled my card. I don't think i have to pay for a new card, i think i should have a replacement card. Instead of owning up to her mistake, she said 'alright, out of goodwill, will give you a new card' emphasis again on out of goodwill. Walau. Like she being super nice and going the extra mile to give me a replacement card when it is their problem for not being able to use their machine to unblock the card, so have to give replacement. Shouldn't this be standard protocol?
Coming to the refund thing: said it's 14 working days, and stated so on the form i filled out. but 14 working days passed, and i don't see any money being deposited into my bank account. called customer service to check on the status. customer service told me that it was only processed 14 days (normal days, not working days) after the day i went to unblock the card, and that the refund would only go into my bank account in another 14 working days. so it's actually 1 month plus before i see the refund.
Before i went to the tiong bahru office, i also called them to check regarding this issue. customer service directed me to another finance personnel to check. so i called this finance personnel. finance personnel said he will call me back later after checking. wait one whole afternoon, he didn't call back. i call the number again and again around 4-5pm, no one picked up.
On another note, if you use credit card for auto top ups, take note that they would sort of preauthorise a 50 dollars x 4 weeks each month to ensure that your credit card has sufficient credit for auto top ups you do in the month, so if say your credit limit is 1000, your actual credit limit would be decreased by 200 dollars, so left 800 to spend.

If your credit card expired but nets flashpay is still valid and you have the replacement card, you can update the new card expiry

https://atu.nets.com.sg/schemeatu/showexp.action

To refund Nets FlashPay with ATU enabled, 1st have to deregister the ATU, which can be done at a lot of car parks with NETS terminal. After deregister, which could take 14 working days, you can refund at any DBS/POSB/OCBC/UOB ATM.

The list of location you can deregister your ATU

https://www.nets.com.sg/images/topup/Top-Up-ATU.pdf

https://www.nets.com.sg/images/topup/Top-Up-ATU-and-Credit-Rebate.pdf

Reaction score
No point using auto reload
Just go to nets kiosk to deactivate the ATU and use it as a plain Flashpay card. You’ll avoid any blocked card oweing $50.25 refund problem.

P R N D

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Your credit card issued by which bank?

Will avoid far far.

I using ezlink ez-reload on my NS50 Passion card, and a flashpay card given my coy. At home still has flashpay card from Union.

All my cards are free.

Except the one Ezlink start with 1000 ... .... .... that time need ic to get the card for S$2 when TransLink start to charge for the card at S$5.

Sent from Oneplus Galaxy S8_edge_plus using GAGT

poandmad

Reaction score
Not really the bank's issue. I forgot that my credit card had expired, and then used the nets flashpay card as per normal. (my nets flashpay card and my credit card are two different cards). So as per usual, it auto topped up 50, but when i was using it again the next day, the nets flashpay card got blocked and i had to go their tiong bahru office in order to pay the 50.25 and get it unblocked. Couldn't do it anywhere else. had to go their office.
the main thing that irked me really was the customer service.

Lucky_Farmer

Reaction score
Hi Trazora - can I use NFP to pay for credit card bills at the SAM machines? I tried today but it seems the machine only accepts atm for CC bills. Just want to ensure I did not click the incorrect option.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Trazora - can I use NFP to pay for credit card bills at the SAM machines? I tried today but it seems the machine only accepts atm for CC bills. Just want to ensure I did not click the incorrect option.

What u see is what it is now

jtdcjtdc

Reaction score
the thread was so long and when back tracked i can't find answer.

my debit card which has ezlink capability is expiring. the bank mailed me a new debit card. how can i transfer existing ezlink credit from old to the new one?

thanks for the response.

Niaoson

Master Member
Reaction score
the thread was so long and when back tracked i can't find answer.

my debit card which has ezlink capability is expiring. the bank mailed me a new debit card. how can i transfer existing ezlink credit from old to the new one?

thanks for the response.

Bring to Transit Link ticket office

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.