Hybrid batteries

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone experienced with changing/repairing your hybrid car's battery?

State:
1. Cost
2. Location of vendor
3. Review of the battery's after sales performance (and how long it has been)

Czz195

Reaction score
My 2007 civic IMA battery died. Always at 1 bar with IMA light on and have other issues like o2 sensor failure. Went to Fadec auto for a repair. Given warranty for 1 year after battery repair. Currently, the battery is still doing good after 7 months. Previous fc is 8km/l, now its 14/l and im very sastified with the results and will reccomend others to go there. They also repair other models of hybrid batteries from toyota,honda and lexus.

They have 3 packages

Battery reconditioning for 350.i choose this one as its the cheapest and most economical for my car, which left about 1 year to scrap

Cell replacement for 600. They will detect cells with problems and replace new ones. Cheaper that replacing whole pack.

Full pack replacement. Was quoted 1900 for a new pack.

Address is at:

Fadec auto engineering
31 toh guan road east
Lw technocenter
#01-05

Its an electric vehicle company.

Look for mechanic named ajai. Very knowledgable and experienced, willing to explain the problem to me patiently. Best customer service i have seen in a long time

Last edited:

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My 2007 civic IMA battery died. Always at 1 bar with IMA light on and have other issues like o2 sensor failure. Went to Fadec auto for a repair. Given warranty for 1 year after battery repair. Currently, the battery is still doing good after 7 months. Previous fc is 8km/l, now its 14/l and im very sastified with the results and will reccomend others to go there. They also repair other models of hybrid batteries from toyota,honda and lexus.

They have 3 packages

Battery reconditioning for 350.i choose this one as its the cheapest and most economical for my car, which left about 1 year to scrap

Cell replacement for 600. They will detect cells with problems and replace new ones. Cheaper that replacing whole pack.

Address is at:

Fadec auto engineering
31 toh guan road east
Lw technocenter
#01-05

Look for mechanic named koi. Very knowledgable and experienced, willing to explain the problem to me patiently. Best customer service i have seen in a long time

This is dirt cheap

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

Ivanpaseo

Reaction score

They have 3 packages

Address is at:

Fadec auto engineering
31 toh guan road east
Lw technocenter
#01-05

Look for mechanic named koi. Very knowledgable and experienced, willing to explain the problem to me patiently. Best customer service i have seen in a long time
Wah is really dirt cheap if they delivers

Sent from Motorola NEXUS 6 using GAGT

Gymrat76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good thread. Bookmarked. Hopefully I won’t have to replace my Prius battery.. sigh

dennismados

Reaction score

They have 3 packages

Address is at:

Fadec auto engineering
31 toh guan road east
Lw technocenter
#01-05

14km/L you still ok ??? It like driving normal petrol car.
I wonder r you lying about driving a hybrid car.

sanchin

Reaction score
2007 civic hybrid is about that, old model hybrid not yet so advance as now and it is already near scrap battery weak etc.

Czz195

Reaction score
14km/l average is good considering that its travelling on 70% City, 30% Highway. When i first bought it, it was advertised as 20 -22km/l . best FC over 9 years of driving was 16-17km/l, 14km/l is not that bad?

kenna chop like free when the IMA light came last year. some WS said its the o2 sensor problem , software problem, etc. paid 350 to settle it once is for all is a good deal

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your info man. Has greatly benefitted us. Maybe you can update again just before you scrap the car?

14km/l average is good considering that its travelling on 70% City, 30% Highway. When i first bought it, it was advertised as 20 -22km/l . best FC over 9 years of driving was 16-17km/l, 14km/l is not that bad?

kenna chop like free when the IMA light came last year. some WS said its the o2 sensor problem , software problem, etc. paid 350 to settle it once is for all is a good deal

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey, can you tell us more about your Prius experience? How's the mileage, your driving patterns, and whether the battery has performed consistently throughout the time you had it?

Good thread. Bookmarked. Hopefully I won’t have to replace my Prius battery.. sigh

Gymrat76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey, can you tell us more about your Prius experience? How's the mileage, your driving patterns, and whether the battery has performed consistently throughout the time you had it?

Hi, see my other thread where I experienced the 'check hybrid system' message last weekend.

Car is approx 7+ years old, around 110k km on the meter. When I bought the car 2.5 years ago (second hand) I was getting around 700km on a full tank (40L tank). It has slowly declined and recently getting around 600km only.

Driving is 70 city/30 highway.

Prior to the last incident, I've noticed a loss of power: when you step on the gas, there's a slight lag and then it seems to kick in after a while. Also, the engine starts up more often to charge the battery, which dips to 1 bar more frequently (when I first got the car, it was almost always at 2 bars, then the engine would kick in to charge it back up).

I guess since I got the car at 5 years old, the battery has declined slightly over the past 2 years, but more evident the last 3-6 months.

I'm getting a battery replacement as it's under warranty from Borneo.

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Should have it replaced. 600km for 40l tank is unlike a Hybrid.

stompwarrior

Reaction score

They have 3 packages

Address is at:

Fadec auto engineering
31 toh guan road east
Lw technocenter
#01-05

This is really super cheap. $1900 for full pack is really super good deal.

bently

Reaction score
Hi, see my other thread where I experienced the 'check hybrid system' message last weekend.

Car is approx 7+ years old, around 110k km on the meter. When I bought the car 2.5 years ago (second hand) I was getting around 700km on a full tank (40L tank). It has slowly declined and recently getting around 600km only.

Driving is 70 city/30 highway.

Prior to the last incident, I've noticed a loss of power: when you step on the gas, there's a slight lag and then it seems to kick in after a while. Also, the engine starts up more often to charge the battery, which dips to 1 bar more frequently (when I first got the car, it was almost always at 2 bars, then the engine would kick in to charge it back up).

I guess since I got the car at 5 years old, the battery has declined slightly over the past 2 years, but more evident the last 3-6 months.

I'm getting a battery replacement as it's under warranty from Borneo.

Hi, by any chance you know the price to change prius hybrid battery at 3rd party workshop?

Gymrat76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, by any chance you know the price to change prius hybrid battery at 3rd party workshop?

Sorry, not sure. I think Borneo Sg charges $7k or something like that. But given that cars here have a 10 year lifespan, i’d Go for selective cell replacements rather than entire battery change. Much cheaper from what I’m told. That is, if you don’t get warranty coverage from agent

andyhtc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe hybrid battery prices should drop as hybrids become more mass market in the next few years.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rated at 200 thousand km if not wrong.

Less than that. It depend on travel mode. Do take note Honda design is mild hybrid system vs Toyota design.

So far I think most user need to replace battery around 3.5 year. Ie in 10 years life span, you may need 2 replacement.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.