DBS changed its Mutiplier plan

foozgarden

Master Member
Reaction score
not much difference leh.

also need to hit the 3 diff catergories.

but higher IR.. which is good

zumaba

Reaction score
Thought the details is already on the updated TnC? Quite surprised no card spend and salary crediting amount requirement

I saw somewhere is >$7K in total? Not in T&C?

Last edited:

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I saw somewhere is >$7K in total? Not in T&C?

$7k in total is current mechanism. Different from new TnC, need salary credit and one of 4 criteria (card spend/mortgage/invest/insurance)

flikmy

Reaction score
Surprised that DBS would actually increase the interest given. Under the current Multiplier mechanism, I thought that they were fairly competitive (compared to UOB and OCBC). Only BOC gives a slightly higher interest rate in comparison.

zumaba

Reaction score
Surprised that DBS would actually increase the interest given. Under the current Multiplier mechanism, I thought that they were fairly competitive (compared to UOB and OCBC). Only BOC gives a slightly higher interest rate in comparison.

but give BOC's fabulous rebate on its Family visa card spending, I believe overall BOC's SmartSave a/c still beats DBS Mutiplier a/c even with its new higher interest rate.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but give BOC's fabulous rebate on its Family visa card spending, I believe overall BOC's SmartSave a/c still beats DBS Mutiplier a/c even with its new higher interest rate.

Think need to see what is the amount required for salary crediting and card spend for DBS multiplier before making this assessment.

flikmy

Reaction score
I believe they will only make it harder and tougher....

Agree, that almost seems certain since if they're giving better interest rates, then they have to cut the payout somewhere. Banks aren't a charity and DBS would be comparing their offering to all the other banks in Singapore.

wira

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to quality for 3.5% need monthly transaction of > $30K. thats had to hit.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.