Nintendo Switch Games Discussion

redchallenge

Reaction score

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
wow thats really screwed up, i really wonder what makes these game companies think they have the rights to charge us in-game even though we have already paid a premium price for those games, doesnt make sense to me
no choice i guess.

the base game can only contribute so much for the studio's yearly revenue. and it is a known statistic that sequel sales can dropped by as much as 20%.

so the next step... micro-transaction. but i guess they overdid themselves and the micro-transactions is hindering gameplay.

day 1 DLCs are also the same. all ready yet need to pay more to get them.

keitaro123

Reaction score
wow thats really screwed up, i really wonder what makes these game companies think they have the rights to charge us in-game even though we have already paid a premium price for those games, doesnt make sense to me

My personal take on this is that its not worth the money. The game is a giant screw up.

I dunno who actually goes through the QA of the game..

the graphics are HORRIBLE.. i already went in with a lowered expectation and i still get a shock how ugly they look.

Apparently the MyCareer mode is plagued with microtransaction and requires you real money to play (like what you mentioned, a premium priced game with tons of mircotransactions)

Apparently to play the MyCareer mode, you will always need to have a wireless connection. I started MyCareer mode and started to play to like 30 mins (by the way, horrible load time and frame rates too) then decided it's time to sleep. The next morning while on the way to work, tried to play it again and they mentioned that my data is corrupted and cannot be load. I will need to create a NEW player to start again. Apparently, if you are not connected to the internet, you cannot play the MyCareer mode. Although the save is actually saved to cloud and you could resume your career again when you have internet connection, but it defeats the whole purpose of this being a portable device title.

My advise on this game is to skip it totally. If i can ask for a refund, i will do it.

My opinion might not be the best because of the above screw up, i only spent 1 hour on the game.

If you ask me, FIFA 18 does it WAYYYYY BETTER than 2k for this (i have FIFA 18 too).. but this is for another story.

tjhin

Master Member
Reaction score
Stardew Valley cost MX$149.99 (~US$ 8.20+) in Mexican's eShop

DLLZZWMV4AAjXU8.jpg

DLLZYt8V4AAH0wM.jpg

Gametaku

Master Member
Reaction score
The cheap price of SDV is due to regional pricing. On Steam, it is priced at the same cost of Mex$149.99/8.22USD for the Mexican and it goes for around 5USD during sale.

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Which one is worth to get first, SDW or Golf Story?
i probably be getting both :s22:

i dunno. we are still a long way to Mario Odyssey, right? :look:

i am waiting for Golf Story's patch to drop first.
who knows Stardew is also full of bugs:s13:
since this is the first time the game introduces multiplayer mechanics.

tjhin

Master Member
Reaction score
i probably be getting both :s22:

i dunno. we are still a long way to Mario Odyssey, right? :look:

i am waiting for Golf Story's patch to drop first.
who knows Stardew is also full of bugs:s13:
since this is the first time the game introduces multiplayer mechanics.

I finished SWD2 and bought Golf Story and Picross S. Have not encountered any bug but maybe because still early into the game.

Marukoban

Reaction score
Do you prefer Mario Golf or Harvest Moon? If price is a factor then choose SDV.

That's the problem, both are the type of games I like :s13:
Problem is got a lot of back log to clear and can't really play until November.
Maybe I'll try SDW first since it's cheaper.

Gametaku

Master Member
Reaction score

Put Stardew Valley at your the top of your priority. Developer can revert the regional price decision. They did it for Shovel Knight Treasure Trove. I bought it for 225MX (11.59USD) on the Switch Mexican eShop during its launch. The price changed to 499MX (27.32USD) because many users abuse the regional pricing. Hoot first talk later or hoot later pay double :s13:

The 225MX is not 1 time pricing error because Steam is still selling the same game at 225MX for its Mexican players.

Last edited:

redchallenge

Reaction score
My personal take on this is that its not worth the money. The game is a giant screw up.

I dunno who actually goes through the QA of the game..

the graphics are HORRIBLE.. i already went in with a lowered expectation and i still get a shock how ugly they look.

Apparently the MyCareer mode is plagued with microtransaction and requires you real money to play (like what you mentioned, a premium priced game with tons of mircotransactions)

Apparently to play the MyCareer mode, you will always need to have a wireless connection. I started MyCareer mode and started to play to like 30 mins (by the way, horrible load time and frame rates too) then decided it's time to sleep. The next morning while on the way to work, tried to play it again and they mentioned that my data is corrupted and cannot be load. I will need to create a NEW player to start again. Apparently, if you are not connected to the internet, you cannot play the MyCareer mode. Although the save is actually saved to cloud and you could resume your career again when you have internet connection, but it defeats the whole purpose of this being a portable device title.

My advise on this game is to skip it totally. If i can ask for a refund, i will do it.

My opinion might not be the best because of the above screw up, i only spent 1 hour on the game.

If you ask me, FIFA 18 does it WAYYYYY BETTER than 2k for this (i have FIFA 18 too).. but this is for another story.

wow, sorry to hear your experience with nba2k18 sucks, i was quite tempted to buy it, guess i dodged a bullet there. i do have fifa 18 though, and i like it quite a lot.

people may argue that there is no alex hunter mode but personally i couldnt care less, it sucked in fifa 17 so i figured i probably wont miss it too much. the only thing that bothers me is that other platforms' fifa 18 have a revamped career mode.

that being said, which fifa fan hasnt thought of playing fifa while taking a dump :s13: can bring in camp somemore, so there will be more things for me and my buddies to do during the upcoming ICT :D

Marukoban

Reaction score
Put Stardew Valley at your the top of your priority. Developer can revert the regional price decision. They did it for Shovel Knight Treasure Trove. I bought it for 225MX (11.59USD) on the Switch Mexican eShop during its launch. The price changed to 499MX (27.32USD) because many users abuse the regional pricing. Hoot fast talk later or hoot later pay double :s13:

The 225MX is not 1 time pricing error because Steam is still selling the same game at 225MX for its Mexican players.

Wait, you can already buy SDW?
I thought it's released on 5 October, which should be around Friday morning for us?

Gametaku

Master Member
Reaction score
Wait, you can already buy SDW?
I thought it's released on 5 October, which should be around Friday morning for us?

Not yet. I mean hoot it once its out :s22: The 225MX topic is about Shovel Knight not SDV mah.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
wow, sorry to hear your experience with nba2k18 sucks, i was quite tempted to buy it, guess i dodged a bullet there. i do have fifa 18 though, and i like it quite a lot.

people may argue that there is no alex hunter mode but personally i couldnt care less, it sucked in fifa 17 so i figured i probably wont miss it too much. the only thing that bothers me is that other platforms' fifa 18 have a revamped career mode.

that being said, which fifa fan hasnt thought of playing fifa while taking a dump :s13: can bring in camp somemore, so there will be more things for me and my buddies to do during the upcoming ICT :D
Note that for games like FIFA19 and NBA2K18, on the Switch version you cannot play online with friends. You can play with random, just not with friends cos there is no proper lobby system. Until Nintendo implements a central online system (and charges for it), each game will have to implement their own lobby, and EA/2K didn't do so. So don't expect to invite ppl on your friend list to join you.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.