budget tablet (max $400) for bedside movie watching

nudgedoink

Reaction score
Hi all, as above. Max budget is $400. mainly for watching movies in bed. specs wise i guess as long as decent enough and most value for the dollar. Sound must be good also.

Also, very important is that there is a local manufacturer warranty. had bad experiences with export sets with shop warranties.

Was looking at the lenovo yoga tab 3 8 inch at 299 in harvey norman. Any other better alternatives which can purchase in sg stores?

qyc_91

Reaction score
Hi all, as above. Max budget is $400. mainly for watching movies in bed. specs wise i guess as long as decent enough and most value for the dollar. Sound must be good also.

Also, very important is that there is a local manufacturer warranty. had bad experiences with export sets with shop warranties.

Was looking at the lenovo yoga tab 3 8 inch at 299 in harvey norman. Any other better alternatives which can purchase in sg stores?

it's running on Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 and it's 2015 Oct model, perhaps you want to look else where. I saw Huawei/Honor tablet with pretty updated specs (SD425, 2-3GB ram) on Lazada for less than $300, can check it out because I got one honor mediapad T3 10 inches coming my way. 3GB/32GB for 265$

nudgedoink

Reaction score
thanks for the suggestion. I just saw the huawei T3 8 inch at sim lim from official huawei shop going for 299. however, non expandable 16gb storage. where did u purchase yours from?

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it's running on Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 and it's 2015 Oct model, perhaps you want to look else where. I saw Huawei/Honor tablet with pretty updated specs (SD425, 2-3GB ram) on Lazada for less than $300, can check it out because I got one honor mediapad T3 10 inches coming my way. 3GB/32GB for 265$

Did u order the $265 honor mediapad from Amazon? I saw Lenovo Tab 4 10 inch at amazon selling for $179. Seems good

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
Challenger at JEM only have these options : Apple's iPad, Samsung's & Microsoft Surface.
Asus not seen.
Seems Asus is getting out of Android tablet devices as they eat into their PC sales figures.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Wonder if Amazon in Singapore is offering the Amazon Fire HD 8~8.9 inch (LTE enabled) tablets.
Would be nice if it's available locally with local warranty & after sales support.

qyc_91

Reaction score
Did u order the $265 honor mediapad from Amazon? I saw Lenovo Tab 4 10 inch at amazon selling for $179. Seems good

It's from lazada, Lenovo Tab 4 10 spec looks similar, but I prefer that extra gig of ram.

qyc_91

Reaction score
Challenger at JEM only have these options : Apple's iPad, Samsung's & Microsoft Surface.
Asus not seen.
Seems Asus is getting out of Android tablet devices as they eat into their PC sales figures.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Wonder if Amazon in Singapore is offering the Amazon Fire HD 8~8.9 inch (LTE enabled) tablets.
Would be nice if it's available locally with local warranty & after sales support.

rmb you won't get Google Play on Amazon Fire

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
rmb you won't get Google Play on Amazon Fire
It's alright. Only use a few commonly used apps like WhatsApp, Yahoo Mail, YouTube etc. Can side load the respective apk files from another Android device.

HamsterKing

Reaction score
u got the link for it? btw the lenovo not officially SG one but then amazon.com can ship to singapore quite tempting haha!

The Predator

Reaction score
Get ipad is the best solution for longevity.

Some Android tablets dont get OS updates from the manufacturers, after a year or two will lag and feel slow

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
Get ipad is the best solution for longevity.

Some Android tablets dont get OS updates from the manufacturers, after a year or two will lag and feel slow
Not really true. Never experienced such issue on all my Android devices.
Important is you must know how to, and do regular system maintenance to keep it clean & fast.
Keep your non-system related data on an external microSD card.

Last edited:

qyc_91

Reaction score
u got the link for it? btw the lenovo not officially SG one but then amazon.com can ship to singapore quite tempting haha!

Honor Mediapad T3 10 - $258 the last time i saw it on lazada just now.
Got it and it works well, think they flash Huawei rom with google play, updated it with no issue too.

HamsterKing

Reaction score
This one is Android or Windows 10? Local set? Seems like got one local retail phone shop is selling it , but if not mistaken it's running Windows or maybe dual boot OS .... but the brand is not well known. Don't know from where one..
It's running on Android the master t10 as for the one u see with Windows it's the tbook 10 and u can get it at a better price in gearbest Lazada is like 60+ more

Sent from HTC U11 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.