Malaysia prepaid card

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nt gd ah???????????
Both are said to be more costly, at least in a long run.

Maxis is known to have very good connection, but not cheap. Celcom is not cheap either, and connection can do if it's there.

thanks for your answers.

The part that I don't understand is that I paid MYR 100 for the 20GB of data - so where does the monthly data plan come in? Isn't XOX a prepaid system?
To be exact, it's known as OneXOX and yes, it's a prepaid card.

Season Pass is like a wallet where the data you bought is kept. AFAIK, it's no pay-as-you-use (PAYU) data so you'll have to subscribe to one of the data packages (see list I've shared in previous page or so).

Other than the daily one, the amount of weekly/monthly data you choose to subscribe to, will be withdrawn from your Season Pass wallet if there's enough, otherwise they'll deduct from your credit balance (amount indicated against each package in the list).

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
LOL prepaid card is not for long run le.
just buy use and throw.

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LOL prepaid card is not for long run le.
just buy use and throw.

Frequent travellers may keep the same number for long run...

BATA only good for those short trip and less frequent visitors, don't forget you will need to do the registration for every new SIM. :s22:

ocs_woodlands

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To be exact, it's known as OneXOX and yes, it's a prepaid card.

Season Pass is like a wallet where the data you bought is kept. AFAIK, it's no pay-as-you-use (PAYU) data so you'll have to subscribe to one of the data packages (see list I've shared in previous page or so).

Other than the daily one, the amount of weekly/monthly data you choose to subscribe to, will be withdrawn from your Season Pass wallet if there's enough, otherwise they'll deduct from your credit balance (amount indicated against each package in the list).

Thanks. I think I get it....

True test will be when I go over this Sunday and use it :s13:

andy1982

Reaction score
I got myself a hotlink sim, was juz walking and seeing the numbers, my gf found one she liked so we got it.

Not bad lah, since we were in Malaysia for 3 days, the data really helped. RM15 means only like $3 for 3 days of Internet.

After that I also when Malaysia for one night, when I reach I downloaded the hotlink app... And registered, and they give me free 1gb for 48hours. Shoik sia!

As for topup.... I so far have gotten one rm5 top up code, just buy from anywhere. 7-11, pharmacies, news vendors. U can keep it for use when u need to.

So even when my card expire.... As long as I am within the grace period. I can just throw the value in and use the card. Even if I forget and the card expires.... I only spent like $5 and have already used data there for 5 days. So really money well spent... Only regret that with data... GF will spend time on what's app. Lol

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Surfing on NSHW with ONEXOX, connection has been good right from CIQ.

From experience though, "class" of phone does make some difference in connectivity, thus I'm using my Galaxy A9 Pro instead of the Galaxy A7 2017 now.

Kain999

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendation for infrequent travellers (e.g. less than 10 times per year) to Malaysia/JB only?
Mainly need Data + some incoming and outgoing credits.

Looking for 2 types.

1 Day prepaid?
- Any recommendation and where to buy it easily and cheaper?

Prepaid card with longest validity
- Any recommendation and does it allow to top up easily via online/Singapore?

Thank you.

Also want to know this.
Infrequent traveller, maybe once every 2 to 3 months.
Lazy to queue and register and set up each time go in.
Use mostly data for uber, whatapps and peace of mind only.

Have been reading up about the onexox, still kinda confused.
What is easiest way to buy onexox online without having to travel to town to meetup etc?

Many thanks.

kitkat2

Reaction score

What is easiest way to buy onexox online without having to travel to town to meetup etc?

Many thanks.

you might as well roam on singapore prepaids unless you need a permanent malaysian number to receive calls. 180 days validity.

onexox usually goes with season pass, and to get good value, you need to purchase your data need for 20-28 months upfront.

offer to pay more? $$$$ rocks!

Last edited:

blade_

Reaction score
Also want to know this.

Have been reading up about the onexox, still kinda confused.

Many thanks.

There should be four OneXOX dealers in Travel Bazaar. They can mail the card to yr home if u choose not to meetup.

Kain999

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There should be four OneXOX dealers in Travel Bazaar. They can mail the card to yr home if u choose not to meetup.

i just purchased one test test from one of them today.
Waiting to receive in mail. Hopefully easy to use.

Kain999

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am user of XOX. Just want to answer/highlight some of things.

XOX is good for long term usage as the credit/Season pass last for 28 mths. Of coz you have to withdraw to ensure that you have valid data before use. Good for those who entering Msia every week, mth or even shorter frequency. It's a hassle to drop by mobile shop just to get a prepaid card every time go M'sia, isn't it?

Minimum withdraw is 500mb/month. You can do it in Singapore, by login to M1 network. *150*2# for the menu or apply it on the website. Note: You have to discontinue the recurring; otherwise every mth will deduct the 500MB.

Last time, used to be minimum withdrawal of 150MB per day or week. (I forgot already).

If you only entering JB for a day trip, SP withdrawal of 500MB is too much, use credit also can. RM3/day for 1GB. Refer to the menu *150*2#

Sorry noob here, if not M1 user can press the *150*2# code in Singapore?
And also all those SMS codes, must use in Malaysia or can setup first in Singapore.
Lastly, isn't it better to use App to setup since can avoid all the confusing SMS codes?
Thanks.

ShellFish

Reaction score
What is your advice on getting the cheapest data sim card for at least 1 day to a week use in Malaysia? Planning to go Aeon Mall bukit indah. Where should I get the needed sim card for google map/ whatsapp use?

syedafiff

Reaction score
Remember the note about monthly, weekly, and daily data that I mentioned a couple of days back? I guess older users would have found this really/more useful as it's not there previously. It's a reassuring add-on. =:p

It's sort of a risk when I first chose to withdraw via the app, rather than many who went the USSD or SMS way. But I did it a few times and wasn't charged, so I just continued and only made sure to check my credit balance after each withdrawal. ;)

Anyway, from what I've observed over these 1.5 years since I first got my OneXOX card, they do take note of user feedback and tweak whatever's necessary. So perhaps we'll see more improvements to the app as we go along. ;)

Oh, 2 differences between OneXOX and the other main prepaid cards that I can think of, offhand - 1) OneXOX supports auto-roaming for calls and text, but not data roaming. So we're safe from any "accidental" data roaming charges. 2) SMS to OneXOX 5-digit numbers shouldn't be done while you're roaming, unless you're prepared to be charged. I think it's RM2.50 per SMS.

Some of us earlier users have been charged for stuff we're not aware of, when we first started. But let's just take them as payments for lessons learned. Too bad none of the dealers we've here are active enough to list and share latest information with us, so we just learn as we go along. :)

As a MY Onexox dealer, i urge you guys to stop paying for the data via apps eg. FAT1 FAT5 etc.
So far Xox data can be used in MY only. Hence subscribe the data via *150# & press 3 (internet), then subscribe from season pass.
If you pay using the apps, the standard data price will kick in & you cant activate or save data via season pass that way.

For current XOX users, please download Voopee apps (red-white Voopee) via playstore. You will have a 2nd Voopee number which can be used to do internet call (voice/video) for free. It is same as imo apps or skype. Voupee is exclusively made by xox. Sms is rm0.10 via Voopee.
Hence in SG, just use wifi & call other people abroad using Voopee.
In MY, do the same but using XOX data.

Upcoming development from our CEO, xox will expand its network to SG, which will collaborate with Singtel Telco. Stay tuned :)
If anything find me at the bazaar or pm me.

syedafiff

Reaction score
& i also wanted to ask. How do you guys enter MY? Is it usually via JB or flight at KLIA? I'm planning to connect with telco shops nearest to SG-JB border to sell xox sim. So u guys can easily drop by & get the whole package with explaination from xx dealer over there.
The shop may will be at JB area. Cant set up at SG because no xox network yet over there.
What do you guys think?

syedafiff

Reaction score
thanks for your answers.

The part that I don't understand is that I paid MYR 100 for the 20GB of data - so where does the monthly data plan come in? Isn't XOX a prepaid system?

It is a prepaid, with 28mths validity. With 20gb data, just activate 1gb every month & you can use it for 20 months! & the months does not need to be consecutive. Use 1gb on oct, then 1gb on Dec, you still have 18gb more to use. No need to topup anymore until you finished using all the 20gb. Simple as that. Not clear? Pm/carousell me.

asiafrenz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
& i also wanted to ask. How do you guys enter MY? Is it usually via JB or flight at KLIA? I'm planning to connect with telco shops nearest to SG-JB border to sell xox sim. So u guys can easily drop by & get the whole package with explaination from xx dealer over there.
The shop may will be at JB area. Cant set up at SG because no xox network yet over there.
What do you guys think?

sounds like a good idea if you could have a counter like in JB City Sq / JBCC / JB Sentral Bus Station where more SG travelers pass through either by bus or train, where it is an easy process which the buyer just pay, get it installed and setup and off we go?

blade_

Reaction score
What do you guys think?

It'd be nice to be able to buy this card at City Square or JB Sentral.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far Xox data can be used in MY only. Hence subscribe the data via *150# & press 3 (internet), then subscribe from season pass.
If you pay using the apps, the standard data price will kick in & you cant activate or save data via season pass that way.

Note under the Data Subscription reads:

* Monthly and weekly data will be deducted from Season Pass account, followed by airtime if there are insufficient balance in Season Pass account.

* Daily data will be deducted directly from airtime.
Can you explain the difference between what you've described and what's written on the app (above in bold)?

I've so far been withdrawing from the OneXOX app and the data was deducted from my Season Pass each time, without any credit balance deducted.

Care to clarify what you've described?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.