Malaysia prepaid card

blade_

Reaction score
Can you explain the difference between what you've described and what's written on the app (above in bold)?

I've so far been withdrawing from the OneXOX app and the data was deducted from my Season Pass each time, without any credit balance deducted.

Care to clarify what you've described?

Bro, syedafiff was probably confused abt the data plan and I don't blame him. I too find it very confusing at first :s22: Pls allow me to share my understanding on XOX data plans. I'm a new XOX SIM card user, so any mistake, pls feel free to correct me but don't hantam me, ok? :(

AFAIK, there are 3 data plans implemented by XOX.
1. Season Pass FAT
These plans can only be purchased by new subscriber (via MNP or new activation) and it can only be purchased once and within 10 days of activation. These plans have 28 months validity.

2. Season Pass
I'd say all OneXOX users will be familiar with this plan. This plan has 28 months validity and data/voice is stored in SP account. U make a daily/weekly/monthly withdrawal via USSD/SMS/MyXOX app/XOX Self-Care. Auto-renewal applies for the subscription made.

3. FAT Data
This plan has daily/weekly/monthly subscription. Depending on the plan which u subscribe, it's valid only daily/weekly/monthly and it is not stored in SP account. Auto-renewal applies. Subscription is made via USSD/SMS/MyXOX app/XOX Self-Care. Here comes the important info.
If u subscribe 1GB daily plan, RM3 credit is deducted from yr Dedicated Account DA regardless of whether u have more than 1GB in yr SP account. So u must have min RM3 or this subscription will fail.
If u subscribe a weekly/monthly plan, 3 possible scenarios can happen. One, if u have sufficient SP data, the data which u subscribe will be deducted from yr SP account. Two, if u hv insufficient data in yr SP account but u hv sufficient credit, then the subscription fee will be deducted from yr credit. Third, if u hv insufficient data in yr SP account and insufficient credit, yr subscription will fail.

Hope the abv info has helped u one way or another ;)

syedafiff

Reaction score
Bro, syedafiff was probably confused abt the data plan and I don't blame him. I too find it very confusing at first :s22: Pls allow me to share my understanding on XOX data plans. I'm a new XOX SIM card user, so any mistake, pls feel free to correct me but don't hantam me, ok? :(

1. Season Pass FAT
These plans can only be purchased by new subscriber (via MNP or new activation) and it can only be purchased once and within 10 days of activation. These plans have 28 months validity.

2. Season Pass
I'd say all OneXOX users will be familiar with this plan. This plan has 28 months validity and data/voice is stored in SP account. U make a daily/weekly/monthly withdrawal via USSD/SMS/MyXOX app/XOX Self-Care. Auto-renewal applies for the subscription made.

3. FAT Data
This plan has daily/weekly/monthly subscription. Depending on the plan which u subscribe, it's valid only daily/weekly/monthly and it is not stored in SP account. Auto-renewal applies. Subscription is made via USSD/SMS/MyXOX app/XOX Self-Care. Here comes the important info.
If u subscribe 1GB daily plan, RM3 credit is deducted from yr Dedicated Account DA regardless of whether u have more than 1GB in yr SP account. So u must have min RM3 or this subscription will fail.
If u subscribe a weekly/monthly plan, 3 possible scenarios can happen. One, if u have sufficient SP data, the data which u subscribe will be deducted from yr SP account. Two, if u hv insufficient data in yr SP account but u hv sufficient credit, then the subscription fee will be deducted from yr credit. Third, if u hv insufficient data in yr SP account and insufficient credit, yr subscription will fail.

Yeah my bad. Ty bro blade for clearing that up.
I've checked again with CS too.

Here's the quick explain for the bolded asterisk.
*Only FATD1 - RM3 use credit. other FAT1-10, FATW2 will draw from SP if SP got sufficient data. If SP got not enough data, will use credit. No credit, go topup :)

However, the rates are different:
When drawing from SP vs buying using credit (when SP not enough data).
Not that we buy SP at rate eg. RM100 20GB or Happy Hour RM50 10GB, the rate per GB is RM5/1GB.
If we draw 1GB, we are using RM5 worth of 1GB data.
Compared to FAT1 - RM15, you waste RM10 just for 1GB.

Same as:
FAT2 - RM25 vs 2GB - RM10 worth of SP draw.
FAT500 - RM12 vs 500mb - RM2.50 worth of SP draw.
Others FAT5,FAT10/month are not relevant to use. Better use FAT1/FAT2 at a time until it finished and use a new FAT1/FAT2. Unfinished quota use is a wicked waste.

Hence, you can apply for these data via apps, but make sure you have data in ur SP.
Dont use credit to apply to this data. These are standard rates same price as celcom xpax prepaid.

FYI, since xox bought the minutes & bulk data & uses line from Celcom, xox still have this standard data rate in our system (though we dealer only promote the SP package coz its damn much cheaper & not monthly topup)
ps: the standard rate price is exactly same as celcom prepaid data. try google celcom xpax prepaid plan.

If any xox users dont want auto data renewal to occur, send sms <DATA AR OFF> to 23388. (send sms when in MY, if abroad will cost RM2.00 via roaming)

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

1. Season Pass FAT

2. Season Pass

3. FAT Data

Thanks for trying to help, but I thought he'd have the proper/accurate information to share, so just confused with what he's trying to say there.

Anyway, with regards to the 3 points you've mentioned, there are actually those data packages (I've quoted a previous post I made, below) to choose from, and they'll either withdraw from SP or deduct credit balance.

On your Point 1), I know that there are several methods to get the 28-month extended validity, that big package you've mentioned is one. I'm not sure what else, have only read what's shared from a Malaysian dealer from further up north many weeks back.

Point 3) is as per the deduction methods from the Notes, also quoted below.

Just managed to have a quick glance from the app:

Note under the Data Subscription reads:

* Monthly and weekly data will be deducted from Season Pass account, followed by airtime if there are insufficient balance in Season Pass account.

* Daily data will be deducted directly from airtime.

I find this very straightforward, no fuss about method to withdraw since I normally use the app for all my prepaid cards, whenever available.

If you're to ask how you'd know which is daily, weekly, and monthly data, it's listed as such:
FAT1 FAT2 FAT5 FAT10 FATW2, FATD1 FAT500

Hope the above helps somewhat. :)

Basically, there's no "3 data plans". ;)

blade_

Reaction score
Yeah my bad. Ty bro blade for clearing that up.
I've checked again with CS too.

Here's the quick explain for the bolded asterisk.
*Only FATD1 - RM3 use credit. other FAT1-10, FATW2 will draw from SP if SP got sufficient data. If SP got not enough data, will use credit. No credit, go topup :)

However, the rates are different:
When drawing from SP vs buying using credit (when SP not enough data).
Not that we buy SP at rate eg. RM100 20GB or Happy Hour RM50 10GB, the rate per GB is RM5/1GB.
If we draw 1GB, we are using RM5 worth of 1GB data.
Compared to FAT1 - RM15, you waste RM10 just for 1GB.

Same as:
FAT2 - RM25 vs 2GB - RM10 worth of SP draw.
FAT500 - RM12 vs 500mb - RM2.50 worth of SP draw.
Others FAT5,FAT10/month are not relevant to use. Better use FAT1/FAT2 at a time until it finished and use a new FAT1/FAT2. Unfinished quota use is a wicked waste.

Hence, you can apply for these data via apps, but make sure you have data in ur SP.
Dont use credit to apply to this data. These are standard rates same price as celcom xpax prepaid.

FYI, since xox bought the minutes & bulk data & uses line from Celcom, xox still have this standard data rate in our system (though we dealer only promote the SP package coz its damn much cheaper & not monthly topup)
ps: the standard rate price is exactly same as celcom prepaid data. try google celcom xpax prepaid plan.

If any xox users dont want auto data renewal to occur, send sms <DATA AR OFF> to 23388. (send sms when in MY, if abroad will cost RM2.00 via roaming)

Thks for the info, bro ;)

blade_

Reaction score
Thanks for trying to help, but I thought he'd have the proper/accurate information to share, so just confused with what he's trying to say there.

XOX data plans could be rather confusing to new users, even to dealers too =:p

The purpose of this thread is to share info. It'd be ideal if all info posted in a forum is genuinely true and accurate. To err is human. As long as the info posted is not with the intention to mislead someone, I am cool ;). For info posted in the internet, it's advisable to take it with a pinch of salt.

On your Point 1), I know that there are several methods to get the 28-month extended validity, that big package you've mentioned is one. I'm not sure what else, have only read what's shared from a Malaysian dealer from further up north many weeks back.

From XOX website, the only way to extend the validity is via sms :
6 Months Validity Extension (RM18): Key in VALID< space >6 and send to 22111
12 Months Validity Extension (RM25): Key in VALID< space >12 and send to 22111

Last edited:

syedafiff

Reaction score

Anyway, with regards to the 3 points you've mentioned, there are actually those data packages (I've quoted a previous post I made, below) to choose from, and they'll either withdraw from SP or deduct credit balance.

Point 3) is as per the deduction methods from the Notes, also quoted below.

Basically, there's no "3 data plans". ;)

To get 28 months validity,
1. Get starter pack with sms SP FAT5/FAT10/FATVOICE to 22111/23388.
2. Topup RM10 within 24 hrs after number activate.
3. Topup RM50 within 30 days if you missed (2).
4. Buy validity: sms Valid 6 (RM18 6mth) or Valid 12 (RM25 12 months) to 22111/23388.

blade_

Reaction score
4. Buy validity: sms Valid 6 (RM18 6mth) or Valid 12 (RM25 12 months) to 22111/23388.

Bro, I think pt 4 is not valid here cos it can't extend validity to 28 months.

Pt 1 to 3 are applicable to newly activated card only. I believe bro Habrosus is more interested to know ways to extend validity of existing card.

syedafiff

Reaction score

Pt 1 to 3 are applicable to newly activated card only. I believe bro Habrosus is more interested to know ways to extend validity of existing card.

truly observant! im just replying while watching tv lol.

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Point 4 will only be used when we are reaching the end of our existing 28 months validity.

IIRC every new top up will extend our existing validity, which every RM1 will give 1 day validity; RM10 will extend 10 days more etc. Please correct if this is incorrect.

kitkat2

Reaction score
Point 4 will only be used when we are reaching the end of our existing 28 months validity.

IIRC every new top up will extend our existing validity, which every RM1 will give 1 day validity; RM10 will extend 10 days more etc. Please correct if this is incorrect.

after that you can pay rm28 for one year validity. imho, it is better to get a new number than pay.

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
after that you can pay rm28 for one year validity. imho, it is better to get a new number than pay.

Precisely. get a new starter pack + immediate RM10 top up (provided this option still available) will give fresh 28 months. :s13::s13:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
XOX data plans could be rather confusing to new users, even to dealers too =:p

Perhaps it's my mistake to expect that dealers will have the proper information here. He did mention in his posts in this discussion thread that he's a dealer. Guess I shouldn't have taken his words wholesale, like what I've been doing all this time with a couple of OneXOX dealers in another forum. My bad. :)

If you've not done it, may I suggest that you list this kind of information in your sale thread in the Travel Bazaar. It will be very useful to those looking to get a new SIM pack - will all information listed in point form.

No, after nearly 2 years of using OneXOX, those other ways are known to us older users already. Was just saying that the first method is something newer (recent months?), and that it's a method and not a "data plan" as you'd mentioned earlier. :)

EXACTLY! One more point that dealers can add in (and I've yet to see any done that) in their Travel Bazaar threads!

Validity gets extended with each top-up, something that doesn't happen with the other prepaid cards. My own has gone to nearly 3 years already. :D

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Xox is really confusing even after with all the explaination here. Will stick to my starhub prepaid happy roam / tron / hotlink / hotlink tablet plan combo...

asiafrenz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Xox is really confusing even after with all the explaination here. Will stick to my starhub prepaid happy roam / tron / hotlink / hotlink tablet plan combo...

same feel! unless this get simpler, else just stick to the much simpler prepaid sim card from other telco

syedafiff

Reaction score
Perhaps it's my mistake to expect that dealers will have the proper information here. He did mention in his posts in this discussion thread that he's a dealer. Guess I shouldn't have taken his words wholesale, like what I've been doing all this time with a couple of OneXOX dealers in another forum. My bad. :)

If you've not done it, may I suggest that you list this kind of information in your sale thread in the Travel Bazaar. It will be very useful to those looking to get a new SIM pack - will all information listed in point form.

No, after nearly 2 years of using OneXOX, those other ways are known to us older users already. Was just saying that the first method is something newer (recent months?), and that it's a method and not a "data plan" as you'd mentioned earlier. :)

EXACTLY! One more point that dealers can add in (and I've yet to see any done that) in their Travel Bazaar threads!

Validity gets extended with each top-up, something that doesn't happen with the other prepaid cards. My own has gone to nearly 3 years already. :D

Yeah very good points. I'd hate to put too much info in my ad. Makes your ad too crowded. But i'll include those points since every points are important :D

syedafiff

Reaction score
i'll try my best to give best service to everyone. will do my best although i'm far away from SG. thank you guys for giving feedbacks.

RyuShinEX

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you have the time, do up a comparison table. Easier than reading words

csoyzx

Master Member
Reaction score
I got myself a hotlink sim, was juz walking and seeing the numbers, my gf found one she liked so we got it.

Not bad lah, since we were in Malaysia for 3 days, the data really helped. RM15 means only like $3 for 3 days of Internet.

After that I also when Malaysia for one night, when I reach I downloaded the hotlink app... And registered, and they give me free 1gb for 48hours. Shoik sia!

As for topup.... I so far have gotten one rm5 top up code, just buy from anywhere. 7-11, pharmacies, news vendors. U can keep it for use when u need to.

So even when my card expire.... As long as I am within the grace period. I can just throw the value in and use the card. Even if I forget and the card expires.... I only spent like $5 and have already used data there for 5 days. So really money well spent... Only regret that with data... GF will spend time on what's app. Lol

Bro after u top up 5rm with the top up code.. Ur sim card validity extend how long ah?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.