Win10 @ Carousell For S$11 Trustworthy?

u0206397

Reaction score
i bought MS office few months back ..

after that i did a check and the license belong to some education institute.. so i suspect this guy works in education industry and maybe in charge of license procurement etc so he can get good prices.

Mind sharing how you check? Is there a web site by Microsoft to check the details when you key in the product key?

VoodooKing

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Get from ebay cheaper. I got my Win10 Pro key for only US$2.50. Working fine.

u0206397

Reaction score
In almost all cases, the cheap license is illegal, whether volume license, MSDN key, or TechNet key. Except Microsoft does not bother to chase retail customers who knowingly or unknowingly buy and use such keys. They are not meant to be sold to end users like retail license or OEM license.

If I am not mistaken, volume license are only meant to be used for large companies, institutions, and organizations that bought many licenses for use on their PCs internally. If your computer does not belong to the licensing organization, it is illegal.

For Sim Lim Square kind of IT mall, at least they can claim to be bundling the OEM license with a new DIY PC, which makes selling OEM license legal.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In almost all cases, the cheap license is illegal, whether volume license, MSDN key, or TechNet key. Except Microsoft does not bother to chase retail customers who knowingly or unknowingly buy and use such keys. They are not meant to be sold to end users like retail license or OEM license.

If I am not mistaken, volume license are only meant to be used for large companies, institutions, and organizations that bought many licenses for use on their PCs internally. If your computer does not belong to the licensing organization, it is illegal.

For Sim Lim Square kind of IT mall, at least they can claim to be bundling the OEM license with a new DIY PC, which makes selling OEM license legal.
Usually Microsoft do not bother.
They can check and verify when you do the Updates.
The other point is that thete is a limit of licence.
Once the lot of licence issue are used up, the next activation will failed.
My SLS technician gave me the installer but told me either not to pass to anyone else &or Update the software.
I did bought a Win 7 OS online without disc n cert.
Recently one failed as illegal by Microsoft when i power on the laptop.
The Online sent me another key, and told me not to set auto Windows Updates.
Although the new key work but somehow i foul up.
In the end i used the original 1st time installation, where i did a clone.
It did work when i reused the original, as means of good backup.

But do note that once you have the key, quickly activate it.
This is advice by that Online seller.

vaiwalker

Reaction score
I got it from that guy too. its been working fine for the past 3 months. but his account seems to have been closed down. probably for violating carousell's terms and conditions. but that guy was legit. immediate response and got the key 5 mins after transferring the money.

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
recently also bought Visio for $17 on caorusell. legitimate 100%.. but really curious how they have these keys in the first place, cheap and good though.

msaz

Reaction score
confirm not legal , one of my collegues who bought if off ebay for usd $7 . he did get the deactivated message a a few mths. you better off copying iso from torrent . free and same

limjialok

Reaction score
confirm not legal , one of my collegues who bought if off ebay for usd $7 . he did get the deactivated message a a few mths. you better off copying iso from torrent . free and same
A few months? Maybe he got unlucky? I bought a windows 10 key via carousel at $25($25 was the cheapest at that time , compared to $10 now) last time whicb was around haswell era? Around 3-4years ago and my windows 10 still works fine

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A few months? Maybe he got unlucky? I bought a windows 10 key via carousel at $25($25 was the cheapest at that time , compared to $10 now) last time whicb was around haswell era? Around 3-4years ago and my windows 10 still works fine

we are talking about legality. Not whether it works.

Just because your key works and activate, doesnt make your copy of windows legal. An activator also activates windows and it works. does that mean its legal too?

pcdreams_hr

Reaction score
we are talking about legality. Not whether it works.

Just because your key works and activate, doesnt make your copy of windows legal. An activator also activates windows and it works. does that mean its legal too?

Second that.
All such licenses are typically illegal. Seller can even use an activator and send you license keys to work.
Full terms and conditions can be found here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Useterms/Retail/Windows/10/UseTerms_Retail_Windows_10_English.htm

daisuki

Reaction score
Bought mine online. It was basically from a small business company that had spare Windows 10 Pro OEM keys lying around. They sent the key along with the sticker of the Microsoft Windows key for proof.
Still working after 4 years. So no complains.

Similarly, Office 365 license from Qoo10 was a faculty license with a school in China. :s13:
But I was using my Poly email's Office 365 prior to the school ending the license just last year after years after I left the school.

Legality wise, I am not using it for office work for both Windows 10 and Office 365 but more for studies and personal use. So... The legality lies on the companies that sell it to make some starting costs for their school and business startup.

daisuki

Reaction score
Speaking of which, it seems some Youtubers including trustworthy ones are also talking about these cheap Windows 10 licenses that you can get online.

Now if you were to ask me, I would say, let's look at it this way. Most businesses operate in a way that if you can buy more, you get more discounts. This is bad in a way that the rich gets richer because they can make products at a cheaper price and sell them at market rate vs a small company that is only capable of buying as much as they can sell resulting in higher costs for parts.

But the thing is, the part manufacturer wins in a way that they get their money back from the ones that cannot afford to buy more to compensate the discounts they give off to the ones that do buy more.

Similarly like how Intel sells cheaply to PC vendors and recuperates the cost with consumers, the same is happening with Windows whereby the prices that each Windows OEM copy being sold to PC vendors are as cheap as what we are getting it at or even cheaper like for example, $10 per Windows OEM license. But Microsoft still needs to recuperate this cost from somewhere. So they sell their retail copies at exorbitant prices that in comparison to how many copies a PC vendor like Dell might get with the amount of money you paid for just 1 copy is how they get their money back.

This applies to games like Overwatch where e-sports prize money come from us, the consumers buying lootboxes and similarly how shoes that literally costs $10 to make is being sold at $200 or more as you are actually paying for their expenditure on sponsors like a professional player to wear the shoe that costed hundreds of thousands which is incurred on the customers instead.

So if you don't want to be made use of, you know what to do.

Kodomox

Reaction score
These license are harvested right? I intend to get a copy sometime in the future, but will there be complications if I were to install it on a rig that comes without software O/S?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.