 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
If you put your phone near the reader on buses or trains, the Apple Pay screen will be activated but not able to go through yet. Just need someone to unlock it lol.

put iphone near *any* nfc reader will activate the apple pay screen.
last time mrt gantry readers can only read CEPAS card, also will wake up iphone but can't read it.
now with ABT the mrt readers can read cepas/paywave/paypass, so apple pay info is actually sent to the reader, but ABT cannot process mobile/virtual card yet, so it will display invalid card.
need to wait until 1st quarter of 2018.

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Interesting article about iOS 11 Apple Pay in Japan and global FeliCa in iPhone 8/8+/X/Watch Series 3

One seamless NFC world standard
Even though Apple is not advertising it, putting FeliCa into every iPhone 8, iPhone X and Apple Watch Series 3 makes FeliCa a NFC world standard on a level unimaginable, and unattainable up to now.

Put another way, there are lots of global standards which FeliCa was. There are also global standards that really matter. Thanks to Apple, FeliCa just became the latter.

Just like wireless charging, it’s there for many years on Android but not moving until Apple is onboard pushing the whole industry forward.

https://atadistance.net/2017/09/25/...-line-for-ios-11-apple-pay-and-global-felica/

Upcoming LTA trial for transport with Apple Pay, not sure will older devices like iPhone7 and below works properly since it don’t come with global NFC FeliCa standard, we shall wait for more info from LTA.

Last edited:

chris888222

Reaction score
Interesting article about iOS 11 Apple Pay in Japan and global FeliCa in iPhone 8/8+/X/Watch Series 3

One seamless NFC world standard
Even though Apple is not advertising it, putting FeliCa into every iPhone 8, iPhone X and Apple Watch Series 3 makes FeliCa a NFC world standard on a level unimaginable, and unattainable up to now.

Put another way, there are lots of global standards which FeliCa was. There are also global standards that really matter. Thanks to Apple, FeliCa just became the latter.

Just like wireless charging, it’s there for many years on Android but not moving until Apple is onboard pushing the whole industry forward.

https://atadistance.net/2017/09/25/...-line-for-ios-11-apple-pay-and-global-felica/

Upcoming LTA trial for transport with Apple Pay, not sure will older devices like iPhone7 and below works properly since it don’t come with global NFC FeliCa standard, we shall wait for more info from LTA.

Apple Pay trials here will be based on MasterCard's system which is Type A/B NFC. It will work fine on older devices. (Similar to TfL's implementation. Authenticate before entry)

Unless they also want to integrate CEPAS cards with the iPhone 8, then that'll be exclusive but I doubt that will happen.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score

we have already discussed quite a lot here that the ABT is based on credit/debit card, not CEPAS prepaid card. so no need to wait for FeliCa or CEPAS support. the normal apple pay (credit/debit card) is ready for ABT.
just that the ABT backend cannot process the credit/debit card on apple/samsung/android pay yet.

tec_geek

Reaction score
we have already discussed quite a lot here that the ABT is based on credit/debit card, not CEPAS prepaid card. so no need to wait for FeliCa or CEPAS support. the normal apple pay (credit/debit card) is ready for ABT.
just that the ABT backend cannot process the credit/debit card on apple/samsung/android pay yet.

Yeah. I think it is slightly complex as each of the cards in the Wallet app has a dynamic code and device tokens that authenticates the transaction.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guess the Apple Pay trial for mrt only can use for normal adults pay scheme & not the work fare or monthly or kids card types

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Noticed I always have a hard time trying to get Apple Pay to work with my Amex card. The terminal won't recognize my phone if amex is selected, but once switched to Visa straight way transaction complete.

Not sure if u guys are encountering this too.

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Noticed I always have a hard time trying to get Apple Pay to work with my Amex card. The terminal won't recognize my phone if amex is selected, but once switched to Visa straight way transaction complete.

have u tried deleting then adding e card again?

Slavor

Reaction score
Not all merchants accept AMEX, see you using at one that does accept AMEX?

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have u tried deleting then adding e card again?

Not all merchants accept AMEX, see you using at one that does accept AMEX?

Yup, tried at those merchants that accept Amex. Pastamania, Old Town white coffee and Itacho Sushi.

The cashier at Itacho sushi somemore tell me Amex cannot use their paywave terminal, must insert card into their machine :s22:

Will re-add the Amex card into Wallet and try again another time

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's not new lor I saw NFC booth say support Psy wave & Master pass but in the end the staff say only visas accepted so I guess they cut cost to go with the most accepted visa then others

Yup, tried at those merchants that accept Amex. Pastamania, Old Town white coffee and Itacho Sushi.

The cashier at Itacho sushi somemore tell me Amex cannot use their paywave terminal, must insert card into their machine :s22:

Will re-add the Amex card into Wallet and try again another time

Jirachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I think very little retailers in Singapore supports AMEX paywave.

sdchew

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, did you tell the counter Paywave or Apple Pay? I notiiced that Apple Pay with a Visa card can work with any Visa Pay wave terminal even in countries which do not have official Apple Pay support. For Amex registered card, I’m wondering if have to do Apple Pay on an Amex terminal. Hmm...

ashhong

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, did you tell the counter Paywave or Apple Pay? I notiiced that Apple Pay with a Visa card can work with any Visa Pay wave terminal even in countries which do not have official Apple Pay support. For Amex registered card, I’m wondering if have to do Apple Pay on an Amex terminal. Hmm...

Apple Pay simply mean you can register your card into your iPhone. once it is on your iphone, it works just like any other contactless credit card.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not all contactless payment reader will support Amex contactless payment. As long as the cashier tells u they cannot take Amex contactless, apple pay also no use. This case, you can only alot in your physical card via emv chip.

Just to haolian a bit, if Amex doesn't work on contactless, I use my s8+ and start MST payment, easy peasy.

:D

sdchew

Reaction score
Always inform the cashier paywave. If say by Apple pay will create confusion/blur face.

Hmm. Based on my personal observation, which isn’t scientific as it’s a sample size of 1, I noticed that when I tell the cashier Apple Pay, the transaction appears to go through faster. I made this observation as I buy the same item from one particular store every week and they have signs supporting both Apple Pay and Paywave.

Thou its interesting that some stores, when you say Apple Pay, they ask if it’s Visa or Master.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.