2017 Aug BTO Sengkang - Rivervale Shores

kitty1989

Reaction score
Not really a good idea to be above an eating house. Other than fumes, there are always people smoking.

I agreed too. Which block and units u looking at? Care to share?

I am looking at unit 54 blk 170B but not sure if the lift is just outside the house. Any idea? :s11::s11:

eric93

Reaction score
I agreed too. Which block and units u looking at? Care to share?

I am looking at unit 54 blk 170B but not sure if the lift is just outside the house. Any idea? :s11::s11:
Lift is just outside unit 54. If leave door open, can see ur unit. Service yard also expose to corridor on the left fyi.

eric93

Reaction score
River view feedback from Hougang cape view just for some info.
Areas like this are always prone to some infections from vectors that breeds on or around water lodged areas such as mosquitoes which are the chief source of malaria caused by the female anopheles mosquito.

For high level should be fine but just prep for some noise from the connector as noises tends to travel up.

I will share more on west sun facing soon.

Thank you and have a nice day.

kitty1989

Reaction score
Lift is just outside unit 54. If leave door open, can see ur unit. Service yard also expose to corridor on the left fyi.

Thank you and appreciate for your sharing. Actually I guess much as well but just wan to hear more views to ascertain it.

Eric, mind sharing if choosing unit 52, high floor, shouldn't have much issue with the following right??:s11::s11:

1. smell from the eating house of Blk 171A ground unit of 68/66
2. mosquito breeding issues after rain and nearing reservoir (since picking high level)
3. Lesser/no exposure of service yard
4. No lift issue - when leaving the door open, people wont get to see my unit

I can see the staircase icon but cannot tell if it is nearer to unit 50 or 52 - But i guess should not have much issue since people usually wont take the stair (esp if is high level)

Kindly share you insight, thank you :):)

tanedward

Reaction score
Ya, I saw too. But 1 bus stop for 2500 units of residents seem too strain on the public transport. Plus dont know how many times we need to miss in order to hop onto the buses to get us to SK Mrt.

Look here and there, really cant think of any place govt can build more bus stop for residents that stayfar from blk that is near the bus-stop beneath the overhead bridge. Haiz :s11::s11::s11:

If no bus stop will be very inconvenient for us. :s22::s22:

Things are not so bad .. if we walk a distance .. there will be lrt i think bakau or rumbia lrt

kitty1989

Reaction score
Things are not so bad .. if we walk a distance .. there will be lrt i think bakau or rumbia lrt

hmmm, I just tried it ytd using google map with my Bf and it is quite a distance to walk before you reach LRT. Also, with so many new residents and the LRT is so small, it will over strain on the LRT having us needing to miss a few rounds b4 we get to board it.

Previously, there is an express bus service number 591 that brings commuter to Shenton Way area in abt 20-25 mins but has since cease operation. Hopefully, SMRT or SBS can reinstate it back as it cut the transportation time greatly - the LRT-MRT + walking route takes about 45-50 mins to reach CBD area whereas the express bus service take only 20-25 min.

Last edited:

eric93

Reaction score
Thank you and appreciate for your sharing. Actually I guess much as well but just wan to hear more views to ascertain it.

Eric, mind sharing if choosing unit 52, high floor, shouldn't have much issue with the following right??:s11::s11:

1. smell from the eating house of Blk 171A ground unit of 68/66
2. mosquito breeding issues after rain and nearing reservoir (since picking high level)
3. Lesser/no exposure of service yard
4. No lift issue - when leaving the door open, people wont get to see my unit

I can see the staircase icon but cannot tell if it is nearer to unit 50 or 52 - But i guess should not have much issue since people usually wont take the stair (esp if is high level)

Kindly share you insight, thank you :):)

Hi, to answer your queries:

1. Is subjective but my recommendation is to stay away from eating house as far as possible. If hit the jackpot, u will get the smell from the outdoor exhaust which eating house has to equipped for each stall.
Moreover, noticed there's a super mart, it cater to joggers and cyclist as well as it just located along the park connector. Will generate crowds and noise and noise tends to travel up. To simplify, the highest you stay, the clearer you heard.

2. As long near river amenities, even 10th floor there's still risk. You just need to work on your household internally for preventive measures. As a matter of facts, Recently dead body found along the river too (3rd incidents up to date)

3. U r right.

4. Still can see your unit as the pillar outside your corridor flash with your kitchen. kitchen.

Personally, I will recommend unit 96.

Reason being, u get best of both world:

- Privacy for both living and service yard.
- Unit hidden in corner and away from public staircases.
- Good south facing to enjoy the wind breeze.
- If unit 78 tall enough, it will helps block west sun for unit 96 (master bed room. (Need to ensure unit 78 block high enough to help you block the west sun ) Note: You will get diagonal morning sun but not an issue. We need to wake up every morning anyway for work.

Just in case for unit 94, Is good too but master bed room will face the sharp edge from unit 338 unless no one mind to face a sharp edge everyday. Is just like every day u r been ''AXE'' on the head while u r on the bed or sleeping through the night.

Hope the above helps in your unit selection.

Last edited:

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
River view feedback from Hougang cape view just for some info.
Areas like this are always prone to some infections from vectors that breeds on or around water lodged areas such as mosquitoes which are the chief source of malaria caused by the female anopheles mosquito.

For high level should be fine but just prep for some noise from the connector as noises tends to travel up.

I will share more on west sun facing soon.

Thank you and have a nice day.

I love CapeView, one of my jogging routes. This BTO is looking over the same river but layout wise it's not really similar. A similar layout will be NorthShore StraitsView.

The only drawback is the distance to the nearest MRT (Hougang).

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

- If unit 78 tall enough, it will helps block west sun for unit 96 (master bed room. (Need to ensure unit 78 block high enough to help you block the west sun ) Note: You will get diagonal morning sun but not an issue. We need to wake up every morning anyway for work.

Just in case for unit 94, Is good too but master bed room will face the sharp edge from unit 338 unless no one mind to face a sharp edge everyday. Is just like every day u r been ''AXE'' on the head while u r on the bed or sleeping through the night.

Stack 96 is decent, only problem is the HC in front of it, I'm not too concern about AFS but a HC is noisy. Stack 326 is similar but has a PG in front of it.

Those that prefer being nearer to LRT, stacks 34 and 52 are pretty decent.

mdabdat

Reaction score
I will post a photo soon. Don't be alarm by the power of west sun for river view.

Hie eric,can show us the pictures of the weat sun? And what are the units you would recommend for 5 rooms?....Thank you

kitty1989

Reaction score
Hi, to answer your queries:

1. Is subjective but my recommendation is to stay away from eating house as far as possible. If hit the jackpot, u will get the smell from the outdoor exhaust which eating house has to equipped for each stall.
Moreover, noticed there's a super mart, it cater to joggers and cyclist as well as it just located along the park connector. Will generate crowds and noise and noise tends to travel up. To simplify, the highest you stay, the clearer you heard.

2. As long near river amenities, even 10th floor there's still risk. You just need to work on your household internally for preventive measures. As a matter of facts, Recently dead body found along the river too (3rd incidents up to date)

3. U r right.

4. Still can see your unit as the pillar outside your corridor flash with your kitchen. kitchen.

Thank you for the explanation.

Perhaps allow me to share a little bit more why I am considering Blk 170B unit 54/52 then you share your views with me

Per goggle map, it take less than 1 min to walk to bus stop (Transport accessibility is very impt esp for such ulu estate and do not have personal transport) and ard 6 mins walk to Bakau LRT.

noted as well on the super mart but it is located right below blk 170A, hopefully it wont get too noisy for floor level like 14-16.

U have suggested unit 96/94 at blk 171B but it seem really far away from the existing bus stop, probably need to walk 5-6 mins to the bus stop and probably 10-12 mins to bakau LRT.

What your take on this? kindly share your views.

kitty1989

Reaction score
Stack 96 is decent, only problem is the HC in front of it, I'm not too concern about AFS but a HC is noisy. Stack 326 is similar but has a PG in front of it.

Those that prefer being nearer to LRT, stacks 34 and 52 are pretty decent.

What your take on stack 52 exposure to the lift and staircase as well as near the eatery at 1st storey of blk 171 - stack 68, 66, 84, 82?.

Thank you.

bigdeal88

Master Member
Reaction score
What's your take on 170A stack 24&26? Do you think 26 will kena west sun? The windows are not facing west though, maybe not a big concern?

Likewise how about 171A stack 78&80? Will 80 take the west sun? Windows are not facing west as well.

Last edited:

eric93

Reaction score
Thank you for the explanation.

Perhaps allow me to share a little bit more why I am considering Blk 170B unit 54/52 then you share your views with me

Per goggle map, it take less than 1 min to walk to bus stop (Transport accessibility is very impt esp for such ulu estate and do not have personal transport) and ard 6 mins walk to Bakau LRT.

noted as well on the super mart but it is located right below blk 170A, hopefully it wont get too noisy for floor level like 14-16.

U have suggested unit 96/94 at blk 171B but it seem really far away from the existing bus stop, probably need to walk 5-6 mins to the bus stop and probably 10-12 mins to bakau LRT.

What your take on this? kindly share your views.

Hi, thanks for sharing.

Hi be it 14 or 16 level, noise tends to travel upwards based on my encountered even above level 50.
If were me, I don’t mind to walk further than to compromise the comfort of living. Take that few more steps walk as exercise isn’t that sounds good too?:)

On the other hand, be it differences in walking distance to lrt, I suppose most agreed and view that plot / cluster as ulu hence is minimal differences.

Last edited:

kitty1989

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for sharing.

Hi be it 14 or 16 level, noise tends to travel upwards based on my encountered even above level 50.
If were me, I don’t mind to walk further than to compromise the comfort of living. Take that few more steps walk as exercise isn’t that sounds good too?:)

On the other hand, be it differences in walking distance to lrt, I suppose most agreed and view that plot / cluster as ulu hence is minimal differences.

icic. Say for our project, do you foresee any potential for new bus stop or improvement in terms of accessibility?

Which area u staying now, maybe u can share your experience with us?

eric93

Reaction score
icic. Say for our project, do you foresee any potential for new bus stop or improvement in terms of accessibility?

Which area u staying now, maybe u can share your experience with us?

Say to say no. Busstop already there along the main road. Doubts will have addtional stop except increase the buses frequency to meet the demands. LRT, based on master plan, not going to have any except the existing one. Will have new mrt Line but still a distance away this project.

I used to stay above level 40 apartment and trust me pretty Noisy when noise travel up. Kids noise, road noise , etc

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.