Mastercard tap in TransitLink

radioshack

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Manhattan card suddenly received a bank card fail error.. how to I resolve this

silentknvght

Reaction score
My Manhattan card suddenly received a bank card fail error.. how to I resolve this

wa me too sia... someone in front of me had issues with her card and because i was following quite closely i accidentally tap for her. When i tried again it didn't work and the mrt staff said my card was no longer working.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
wa me too sia... someone in front of me had issues with her card and because i was following quite closely i accidentally tap for her. When i tried again it didn't work and the mrt staff said my card was no longer working.

i thought the staff can help u tap out so that in/out record tally... then ur card can use again?
after so many mths of pilot test, in/out not tally then card permanently cannot be used and no way to fix?

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Seems like lots of issues still with this ABT. I switched back to EZ-Link after all the promos finished

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i thought the staff can help u tap out so that in/out record tally... then ur card can use again?
after so many mths of pilot test, in/out not tally then card permanently cannot be used and no way to fix?

Or can explain already tap in for the person before, and ask the staff to open the gantry.

Knightoftheblackrose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My CIMB MasterCard has no problems .

I have used it without any problems on buses and the MRT.
And I am getting 10% cashback rebate !

The card is free for life ....
I have only used the card for a few rides so far ... Not using it for medical payments .

Life is GOOD :)

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
My CIMB MasterCard has no problems .

I have used it without any problems on buses and the MRT.
And I am getting 10% cashback rebate !

The card is free for life ....
I have only used the card for a few rides so far ... Not using it for medical payments .

Life is GOOD :)

har i thought 10% no more liao

vetomoko

Reaction score
ask u all ah,

this mastercard abt thing i just activated. first activate i can tap direct on bus? i travel never need mrt leh?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ask u all ah,

this mastercard abt thing i just activated. first activate i can tap direct on bus? i travel never need mrt leh?

Can tap purely on bus without mrt. But if the card also has ezlink or nets flashpay then need to go GTM machine to switch to bank mode.

turboo

Reaction score
Can tap purely on bus without mrt. But if the card also has ezlink or nets flashpay then need to go GTM machine to switch to bank mode.

Currently still doesn't work with Travel Smart rewards right?

leogeo

Master Member
Reaction score
ya, now no more CIMB 10% cashback, i switch back to BOC flashpay le. at least got 5% rebate.

revogsx

Reaction score
I am still using this translink abt since intro.

6 months into pilot use, why we are still seeing "BANK CARD USAGE".
why like that? they cannot show fare amount?

Seems like lots of issues still with this ABT. I switched back to EZ-Link after all the promos finished

more3cm

Reaction score
I am still using this translink abt since intro.

6 months into pilot use, why we are still seeing "BANK CARD USAGE".
why like that? they cannot show fare amount?

Because there is no transaction involved when you tap out... everything is calculated at the backend

revogsx

Reaction score
I still find to believe that no transaction involved, calculation should be near real time.

how about in other countries with similar mastercard/visa transit payment? anyone know ?

Because there is no transaction involved when you tap out... everything is calculated at the backend

johanyu

Reaction score
I still find to believe that no transaction involved, calculation should be near real time.

how about in other countries with similar mastercard/visa transit payment? anyone know ?
Yes, should be the same with Ez-link and NETS
Anyway, there is no extra benefit to use this now

tee_ys

Reaction score
me too. encountered twice missing exit(confirm got tap out) and once got "error please try again" tried few times tap on both card readers when transferring to another bus(end up used another ezlink card to pay)

blurpandasg2014

Reaction score
After I tapped out mrt, Abt card had error.... Couldn't tap into bus. When I called transit link, they told me that quite a number of CIMB users had card error. Asked me to get card replacement from cimb :s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.