Moto Z Play

starbugg

Reaction score
Using it for about 1 year. Battery life is a beast. 2 days with moderate use on a single charge. Works well with japanese sim card (when I travel). Hard to find any fault with the phone.

Went 2 weeks reservist left the phone at home > came back to see > phone battery left 15%. 2 weeks on standby (no simcard, bluetooth, wlan) still alive. The only thing I find it uncomfortable is sometime the screen is glitchy, sometime press the bottom icons something else come out instead, e.g. Call turns into calendar. But like 5% occurrence rate? I am not seeing any point in upgrading to Z2 play.

totally agree! using z play and the batt is supeer good. just wondering how z2 fare?

MTKL

Reaction score
got a china moto z play (XT1635-03) a few days ago, can anyone help to advise how to update to nougat as the overlay thingy is quite annoying....thanks.

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got a china moto z play (XT1635-03) a few days ago, can anyone help to advise how to update to nougat as the overlay thingy is quite annoying....thanks.

yours is official China ROM? what's your build number?

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

that's not a valid build number...your set is same as mine...China phone aka XT1653-03 (see the bottom left hand side of the phone to see the actual model number) but someone flashed the official English region ROM on it. Currently there's no way to update to the latest China/English version unless you unlock the bootloader, which will break Moto Mods support, Android Pay and also cause Netflix and some banking apps to not run.

Last edited:

MTKL

Reaction score
that's not a valid build number...your set is same as mine...China phone aka XT1653-03 (see the bottom left hand side of the phone to see the actual model number) but someone flashed the official English region ROM on it. Currently there's no way to update to the latest China/English version unless you unlock the bootloader, which will break Moto Mods support, Android Pay and also cause Netflix and some banking apps to not run.

Thanks.
indeed its XT1635-03 as indicated on bottom left side of the phone.
guess will have to bear with the overlay thingy then.
is there any news on official update from motorola to 7.0 for china sets?

weeza77

Reaction score
Battery bloated. Sian. Is the service centre located at AMK? Any other location?

cobragold

Reaction score
Moto z play

Hi,
Anyone looking to unload their set. I am looking for one to play around.
Thanks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.