First time heading to taipei and maybe jiufen

Thoreldan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice. I am on m1 so I think can just pay $10 to use data passport with my own data bundle.

I think I should follow your suggestion to go jiufen in the day and Shi den at night. Both nearby? Sorry for the noob question haha.. I chose to leave on 19oct to 26 Oct cuz the airflight on scoot return trip only at 190.

Omg u exact same date range as me. Check out the klook jiufen/shifen bus service if it suits you.

https://www.klook.com/activity/2093-jiufen-shuttle-bus-ximen-taipei/

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hi thanks.

yea i am going same date range as you hehe.

is that pricing considered reasonable? if we take those public buses also that range?

Public bus is a lot cheaper. This Klook one comes to pick you up at designated places in XMD and bring you straight there, saving you the hassle and headaches of navigating their train system/reading up on how to go. Like that of course they will charge a premium. How can you expect same as public transport price?

jnashville

Banned
Reaction score
Public bus is a lot cheaper. This Klook one comes to pick you up at designated places in XMD and bring you straight there, saving you the hassle and headaches of navigating their train system/reading up on how to go. Like that of course they will charge a premium. How can you expect same as public transport price?

Oh okay. Got it. Thanks

smeagoly

Reaction score
Nice. I am on m1 so I think can just pay $10 to use data passport with my own data bundle.

I think I should follow your suggestion to go jiufen in the day and Shi den at night. Both nearby? Sorry for the noob question haha.. I chose to leave on 19oct to 26 Oct cuz the airflight on scoot return trip only at 190.

My flight on scoot also about the same price but my wife insist add on baggage. so works out to be about 220 per pax.

As some folks mentioned I think they are not that far apart but just troublesome to go back to Ruifang to go to another place. I'm thinking of just cabbing from Jiufen to Shifen after I'm done. My wife isn't too keen to just go shifen for the lantern though I quite like it. I personally find the shifen waterfall to be underwhelming (it's man-made and not that spectacular imo).

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shifen wise, i prefer to do cat village.
More enticing.
Skip waterfall ba. Far walk and still must pay entry.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shifen wise, i prefer to do cat village.
More enticing.
Skip waterfall ba. Far walk and still must pay entry.

shifen just put sky lantern,,, full stop... go back lol ...
cat village bigger, more space to walk around ... if u r fan of cats, nice place to explore ...

yup skip waterfall... our bird park waterfall looks nicer in my opinion ...
no need to walk 15 to 20min over there to see the waterfall and pay 5sgd ...

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cat village bigger, more space to walk around ... if u r fan of cats, nice place to explore ...

If you been before can skip shifen waterfall. But for 1st timer or long time never been there, shifen waterfall is still worth your effect to see it.

roadrunner_552

Reaction score

I prefer shifen waterfall though. Our one is just a narrow water stream.

If you been before can skip shifen waterfall. But for 1st timer or long time never been there, shifen waterfall is still worth your effect to see it.

Ya try not to skip it for the first timer

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think I will skip that and just see via YouTube. =p

talk about youtube ...
whenever my friend who have not gone to taiwan before, says want to go sml, cingjing, alisan, jiufen, shifen, taipei taichung etc ... within 5d taiwan trips ... i will tell them go youtube watch better haha ... if not ur traveling time is super long , few hours journey if you dun mind, and if u r not bringing elderly to take bus/train up and down with you ...

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
talk about youtube ...
whenever my friend who have not gone to taiwan before, says want to go sml, cingjing, alisan, jiufen, shifen, taipei taichung etc ... within 5d taiwan trips ... i will tell them go youtube watch better haha ... if not ur traveling time is super long , few hours journey if you dun mind, and if u r not bringing elderly to take bus/train up and down with you ...

Your friend got no planning skill so stay home watch youtube better.
Actual experience and youtube is totally different, you can't smell the fresh air, feel the power of nature and see the ever changing mountains view.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TS first time in taiwan, so please recommend interesting places around taipei.

jnashville

Banned
Reaction score
TS first time in taiwan, so please recommend interesting places around taipei.

yea!

last minute trip. actually plan to go bkk but change to taiwan. so totally no nuts about taiwan. wanna google also sometimes no time haha..

welll, i will be staying all 7 nights in ximending. my airbnb is just above the ay chung mian xian store. i believe that is a good place to stay ? Vibrant environment with food and shopping.

other than the usuall night markets and jiu fen, dunno what else. Maybe a kids theme park too for my kid.

maybe just go there enjoy the atmosphere of the night markets can liao haha..

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yea!

last minute trip. actually plan to go bkk but change to taiwan. so totally no nuts about taiwan. wanna google also sometimes no time haha..

welll, i will be staying all 7 nights in ximending. my airbnb is just above the ay chung mian xian store. i believe that is a good place to stay ? Vibrant environment with food and shopping.

other than the usuall night markets and jiu fen, dunno what else. Maybe a kids theme park too for my kid.

Check this out:
https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg › Asia › Taiwan › Taipei
https://www.travel.taipei/

Look at the things to do and attractions. List out the place you like.

sendtolee

Reaction score
yea!

There is a chocolate them park in Taipei.

Would suggest you to go to Taiwan tourism office here in SG for their advice and recommendations, if you do not wish to spend too much time googling...

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is a chocolate them park in Taipei.

Would suggest you to go to Taiwan tourism office here in SG for their advice and recommendations, if you do not wish to spend too much time googling...

leofoo village theme park better, chocolate theme park review very lousy, not really a theme park.

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
That's why need to take out the word "theme" lol.

No what, the word "theme" is correct. Coz the whole place is just for chocolates - which is the "theme" (aka 主题).

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.