Back from South island New Zealand

keigo22

Reaction score
Im about to embark on a solo trip this coming mid nov! Would be planning to travel around in a campervan (Jucy Cabana).

For those who have drove there, is google map + 4g data enough for car navigation?

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

It’s not able saving data.. it’s about, not every part of the nz will have data signal. So yes an offline map is still require.

dlcasey

Reaction score
Is there any easy hike track in milford sound? Will be going there in Nov with 2 children. Thank you!

winguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi

1. never rented car. What is this car excess thing? When you rent the car there should be option to buy all-in insurance from the rental company right?

2. Any recommendations for wanaka accomodation with free parking? Where is wanaka city centre near (any landmark which i can find on google maps?)? Thanks

BlurKillerEX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi

1. never rented car. What is this car excess thing? When you rent the car there should be option to buy all-in insurance from the rental company right?

2. Any recommendations for wanaka accomodation with free parking? Where is wanaka city centre near (any landmark which i can find on google maps?)? Thanks

Wanaka is a small town, there really isn't a city or town centre, you can search for New World supermarket there, everything you need is probably around that area. I stayed at Wanaka Bakpaka, pretty cozy place with a nice view of Lake Wanaka and also free parking.

TVaddict

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wanaka is a small town, there really isn't a city or town centre, you can search for New World supermarket there, everything you need is probably around that area. I stayed at Wanaka Bakpaka, pretty cozy place with a nice view of Lake Wanaka and also free parking.

My wife and I bought Subway and eat while enjoying the lake scenery.

BlurKillerEX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, really beautiful scenery there. Snapped this when I was in my hostel
agfPgMR.jpg

Last edited:

winguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Too bad wanaka bakpaka doest have availabiliy.

For christchurch, is Amross Court Motor Lodge at Bealey Ave a good location to stay at? How do you get around, are there buses, if so how do you pay for it?

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's better to book directly from car rental website than car searcher site right.

Like booking direct at go rental better than airportrentals. Book directly is more expensive though even it's the same car.

Mainly is due to the discount offered in the airportrentals site for the insurance (50% off). But it will be a 3rd party insurance so anything happens will be more troublesome right and have to put bond deposit on cc when take car.

If book directly, though more expensive but no bond deposit and anything happens is also easier. Drop off car easier.

Am I right? Or just book the cheaper one cause its all the same. I talking about price difference of about 150 nzd.

ineser

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's better to book directly from car rental website than car searcher site right.

Like booking direct at go rental better than airportrentals. Book directly is more expensive though even it's the same car.

Mainly is due to the discount offered in the airportrentals site for the insurance (50% off). But it will be a 3rd party insurance so anything happens will be more troublesome right and have to put bond deposit on cc when take car.

If book directly, though more expensive but no bond deposit and anything happens is also easier. Drop off car easier.

Am I right? Or just book the cheaper one cause its all the same. I talking about price difference of about 150 nzd.

Bought mine thru car rental website cheaper than third party for me. For example, thrifty is cheaper than Expedia. Both includes reduced excess coverage but not insurance. Now I buying my travel insurance to include car excess insurance

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.