Which is the best trading platform to use?

fantasyland

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I am intending to day trade, what would be the best platform?
Traditional brokerage companies like DBS Vickers commission $25 per trader seems very high. Anyone can advice?

ginza7

Reaction score
Traditional brokerage companies like DBS Vickers commission $25 per trader seems very high. Anyone can advice?

For day trading, you can just use the prefunded accounts, commissions start at $10++. SCB, KE, Philips Securities and a few others have this service. But you can't go lower than this.

alexchia01

Reaction score

Stocks is bad for day trading.

Singapore stocks is even more worst for day trading.

If you want to day trade, trade Forex or Futures.

Mancunian2

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you can't day trade SGX stocks profitably lah
even contra players have a near 100% mortality rate

the local platform is simply not suitable. period.

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stocks is bad for day trading.

Singapore stocks is even more worst for day trading.

If you want to day trade, trade Forex or Futures.

you can't day trade SGX stocks profitably lah
even contra players have a near 100% mortality rate

the local platform is simply not suitable. period.

Hahaha well said day trading SGX profitably is mission impossible. Even Tom Cruise will shake head too! :s13:

[M]aiev

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SGX is worst to day trade lah. In fact stocks is “expensive” to trade.

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

u think other non-traditional platforms will be cheaper ?

Non-traditional platforms commissions' usually start at $10 (cheaper than $25 but there are also traditional platforms that also costs only ~$10 as posted by others) BUT there is also a "holding cost" involved.

murphys

Reaction score
Like the thread starter, I was contemplating trading Singapore stocks. After extensive study and scanning of price volatilities, I realized that it may not be feasible for the following reasons:
1. brokerage cost is relatively expensive compared to other asset classes for frequent trading
2. it would take many days before one realize their profit or loss due to the lack of volatility
3. due to second reason, one may find it difficult to trade based on technical analysis... maybe my skill is not adequate but I find it hard to read patterns or charts based on hourly price actions.

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like the thread starter, I was contemplating trading Singapore stocks. After extensive study and scanning of price volatilities, I realized that it may not be feasible for the following reasons:
1. brokerage cost is relatively expensive compared to other asset classes for frequent trading
2. it would take many days before one realize their profit or loss due to the lack of volatility
3. due to second reason, one may find it difficult to trade based on technical analysis... maybe my skill is not adequate but I find it hard to read patterns or charts based on hourly price actions.

then trade what instead ?

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
US, HK, MY, all got moar volume and stocks to choose frm.

u see sg humji leeder? same one. difficult to move sg stocks and difficult to make money.

well theres good and bad.

many US stocks can dip from $7 all the way to $2 in just 1 day. but of course, it can also from $2 to $7 in just 1 day.

sg stocks also will drop from $7 to $2, but at least the drop is slow and will always get halted by SGX for query :s13:.. so at least can cut loss while the drop is still not that painful yet

GGsg168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the best trading platform is the one that you make money.

tank me later. :s8:

Kinetic88

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the best trading platform is the one that you make money.

tank me later. :s8:

same as :

quote-it-doesn-t-matter-if-a-cat-is-black-or-white-so-long-as-it-catches-mice-deng-xiaoping-32-21-31.jpg

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The best platform that I wish to have is a little 银鬼 standing on my shoulder and whispering into my ear what to buy and when to sell. :eek: But 银鬼 only exist in my grandma's story. Maybe such system do exist and 1 in 10 have it. To bad, no one wants to share a profitable platform for everyone to huat ! :o

Kinetic88

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The best platform that I wish to have is a little 银鬼 standing on my shoulder and whispering into my ear what to buy and when to sell. :eek: But 银鬼 only exist in my grandma's story. Maybe such system do exist and 1 in 10 have it. To bad, no one wants to share a profitable platform for everyone to huat ! :o

there are so many stock guru want to teach chiu how to trade and huat thru their "sure huat" courses becos they, quote "wanted to repay the society" unquote. :s8:

sibei noble all those stock guru. :s22:

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
there are so many stock guru want to teach chiu how to trade and huat thru their "sure huat" courses becos they, quote "wanted to repay the society" unquote. :s8:

ah hmm.... repay with $5k course fee ?:o

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes a lot of them use this story.

For Ken chee nv say wan to repay society. he openly admitted he is running a business and has to answer profit and loss to shareholders. So much charge money.

Kinetic88

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes a lot of them use this story.

For Ken chee nv say wan to repay society. he openly admitted he is running a business and has to answer profit and loss to shareholders. So much charge money.

as moi always ask, if they can profit from trading so easily, why waste their times and efforts to conduct courses which involve so much logistics and planning plus manpower to organised ? On top of that, need to dress up nicely and travel to the place to conduct the course.

might as well like unker moi sit in front of the pc at home wearing only underwear, press a few buy/sell buttons can liao. :s8:

Pls also note that there are cases and a few guru kena sue by the students for "false representation" about the sure profit course.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.