update on car wash

stajin

Reaction score
its been awhile since any update on car wash locations

please don't say DIY - this thread is more for gas stations that offer car washing service

which location is best for

1) esso
2) shell
3) spc

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Bascially the same for me.
Shell at YCK, Yishun, etc

tivo88

Reaction score
I always go to the Caltex near Kovan MRT
$10 per normal wash but they give u one coupon for another free wash
So I pay $5 per wash which is chea

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm most ppl say petrol station car wash is nt good as they anyhow wash n might scrarch ur car. Any comment on this?

weeza77

Reaction score
Used to go to Shell at Bedok/East Coast purely because they have the drying machine leftover from the auto wash system. I find this drying machine good cause it lessen the water mark left behind due to not drying properly, especially around the side mirror. Sadly now no car wash equipped with such machine anymore..

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm most ppl say petrol station car wash is nt good as they anyhow wash n might scrarch ur car. Any comment on this?
1 piece of cloth for every car, including rims and body... the dirt from 1 area bring to another area rub, after end of shift, the cloth left there to dry for next day...

stajin

Reaction score
will try the esso on one serangoon this morning.
definitely daytime better than night.
I guess you pay for what you get for.

just on places like fb / other review sites they all say petrol stations do bad job or the people who do it are ex-con who give threats if you try to take photo and show the bad job they did etc..

HeadQuarters

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The 3 most horrible things that one can do to his cars are:

1) Let banglah use that dirty cloth that he used to wipe other cars to wipe yours. I rather don't wash for months than let them wipe my car :o

2) Park your car under the hot sun for 9 hours a day while U are at work. Your car interior will age triple fast :(

3) Do GrabHitch n let Dino trample your car. Sometimes neber stick to EJB kor kor's selection criteria n paid a price for it :s13:

wudimax

Reaction score
Bangalah at carpark wash car. Saw then pour cheap dish wash detergent into pails. Not sure it spoilt the car paint or wax

furryballs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The 3 most horrible things that one can do to his cars are:

1) Let banglah use that dirty cloth that he used to wipe other cars to wipe yours. I rather don't wash for months than let them wipe my car :o

2) Park your car under the hot sun for 9 hours a day while U are at work. Your car interior will age triple fast :(

3) Do GrabHitch n let Dino trample your car. Sometimes neber stick to EJB kor kor's selection criteria n paid a price for it :s13:
(2) sometimes bobian...

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bangalah at carpark wash car. Saw then pour cheap dish wash detergent into pails. Not sure it spoilt the car paint or wax

Don't worry, it will not spoil the paint/clearcoat, it will just strip the wax and super clean the paint/clearcoat.
The spoiling part happens after that when there is no protection and subjected to the element.

IMHO, don't wash better - can accumulate a thick layer of dust as a "protective" barrier.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.