Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score
Any places or website I can buy China airline tickets? The date I want is too ex but if I adjust 1 day earlier, will b cheaper by half

n1ck88

Reaction score
I’m traveling in osaka, out Tokyo for 14 days, with Tokyo taking up the last 7 days (in April/May).

I’m trying to calculate whether getting the JR Pass is worth it or should I just buy individual tickets.

Is there any website that can help to calculate price of individual routes?

thwysg

Reaction score
I’m traveling in osaka, out Tokyo for 14 days, with Tokyo taking up the last 7 days (in April/May).

I’m trying to calculate whether getting the JR Pass is worth it or should I just buy individual tickets.

Is there any website that can help to calculate price of individual routes?

Hyperdia.com

Täuschung

Reaction score
I booked scoot on return flight @ osaka. frm 19th dec to 3rd jan. thats 15nights in total. Is that too much days for a trip btw osaka down to tokyo? Assuming im just ivesting in a 7days jr pass?

Or should i consider domestic flight into hokkaido too?

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I booked scoot on return flight @ osaka. frm 19th dec to 3rd jan. thats 15nights in total. Is that too much days for a trip btw osaka down to tokyo? Assuming im just ivesting in a 7days jr pass?

Or should i consider domestic flight into hokkaido too?

Depends on your budget. You can consider taking day trips out of Tokyo. There's lots of nice places to visit.

Täuschung

Reaction score
Depends on your budget. You can consider taking day trips out of Tokyo. There's lots of nice places to visit.

do you think it is possible to survive on the 7D JR pass, or a 14 day will be better?

still in the early stage of planning (just bought tix ytd haha) & not totally sure where to head yet, but i need to fly in/out of osaka. probably gonna spent 3 days in osaka + 1 day trip each to nara & kyoto? then down to tokyo, probably 6 days + day trips out to ryokan/onsens? quite lost in planning honestly as i hope to maximise my 7day JR pass but the location permutations seems un-doable..because it means i need to finish nara, kyoto & tokyo within 7 days right? Or is there a separate pass that will be worthwhile for before i head down to tokyo?

Last edited:

Cutie79

Reaction score
Hihi,

Need some guidance on my planning to Tokyo in End nov to early Dec
Below is my planning, is it workable as i am bring 1 teenage and 1 pre teenage .
We arrived at Narita airport at 8am tokyo time and going from Handena airport.
Can someone suggest me what time transport to get into town to shinjuku(station for my stop Nanako-ku)
Day 1 Arrv and walk around airbnb area(nanako-ku)
Day 2 Odaiba
Day 3 *Shinjuku and Shibuya and Harajuku (go on sunday for cosplay people). Harajuku and Meiji Shrine together and Takeshidori shopg street.
Day 4 Disneyland
Day 5 DisneySea (or juz go for 1 Disney will do)
Day 6 Tsukiji Fish mkt, Asakusa, Ginza
Day 7 Yokohama (make ramen museum)
Day 8 Ueno Ameyoko mkt (and titbits) and any of the above* didnt go
Day 9 Hakone( day trip, can be flexible other day)
Day 10 Home

Last edited:

micheloving

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which passes are essential if ya going osaka 8 days and nearby areas such as nara ,kyoto ,kobe .

I am thinking Osaka amazing pass (must for me) .

Hankyu tourist pass or ICOCA IC Card or Kansai Thru Pass ?

The railway lines in japan is super complex hence some advice would be appreciated.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which passes are essential if ya going osaka 8 days and nearby areas such as nara ,kyoto ,kobe .

I am thinking Osaka amazing pass (must for me) .

Hankyu tourist pass or ICOCA IC Card or Kansai Thru Pass ?

The railway lines in japan is super complex hence some advice would be appreciated.

You can plan your itinerary along with the pass you are using. That's the most cost efficient way,. If its not possible than you may need 2 or more passes to complement each other. ICOCA is always useful for anything in between.

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Im planning to drive from Hiroshima to Kansai region (Tokushima, Osaka, etc) in January. Since the region does not snow often, is it necessary to request for snow tires for safety reason?

dungeonalley

Reaction score
do you think it is possible to survive on the 7D JR pass, or a 14 day will be better?

still in the early stage of planning (just bought tix ytd haha) & not totally sure where to head yet, but i need to fly in/out of osaka. probably gonna spent 3 days in osaka + 1 day trip each to nara & kyoto? then down to tokyo, probably 6 days + day trips out to ryokan/onsens? quite lost in planning honestly as i hope to maximise my 7day JR pass but the location permutations seems un-doable..because it means i need to finish nara, kyoto & tokyo within 7 days right? Or is there a separate pass that will be worthwhile for before i head down to tokyo?

Would suggest you go to toyko str after you land in KIX then from tokyo travel back to osaka area. making sure that the round-trip is taken within 7days.

dungeonalley

Reaction score
Hihi,

Below is my planning, is it workable as i am bring 1 teenage and 1 pre teenage .
Can someone suggest me what time transport to get into town to shinjuku(station for my stop Nanako-ku)
Day 2 Odaiba
Day 3 *Shinjuku and Shibuya and Harajuku (go on sunday for cosplay people). Harajuku and Meiji Shrine together and Takeshidori shopg street.
Day 4 Disneyland
Day 10 Home

Personally feel that Odaiba have nothing much esp for teens. and would prefer 2d1n for Hakone though.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hihi,

Day 2 Odaiba
Day 4 Disneyland
Day 10 Home

Transport options out of Narita airport is either NEX, Keisei skyliner or the Keisei main line. Travelling time and terminal stations differ.

I would suggest the following
1. Day 3 split into 2 halves.
2. Slot in Odaiba on Day 6. You will find the travelling much more smoother.
3. Asakusa can be on it's own

No go Akihabara?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.