Gifts to bring from singapore to hongkong?

xVrooMx

Reaction score
Our BGW Pandan cake is highly popular in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Thailand at least that's what I observed and heard through friends from those country.

Other than that, I think our Bah Kut Teh spices, Chicken Rice sauces like those garlic chilli type is also a good alternative. Those pre-packed type.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Our BGW Pandan cake is highly popular in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Thailand at least that's what I observed and heard through friends from those country.

Other than that, I think our Bah Kut Teh spices, Chicken Rice sauces like those garlic chilli type is also a good alternative. Those pre-packed type.

Like people going thailand supermarket to buy those pre-packed green curry, red curry, etc

flawlessly

Reaction score
Can consider buying those pastries or confectioneries from established bakeries like Wing Wah. Some outlets sell in small individual packets, hence can buy many and distribute to your friends and family.

Evelynnnnn

Reaction score
Can consider buying those pastries or confectioneries from established bakeries like Wing Wah. Some outlets sell in small individual packets, hence can buy many and distribute to your friends and family.

Thanks for the recommendation

zhaohan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
irvins salted chips is really popular with them
bengawan solo as well
otherwise, chicken rice sauce, chili / black pepper crab sauces, etc

Myu~sun

Master Member
Reaction score
salted egg fish skin
n Bengawan to go .

my relative at HK all love it . =.="

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
新加坡土產唔多。能够戴出國送人嘅更加少。
班兰糕本地賣嘅多数馬來西亞產,除非你搵得到面包鋪自家整嘅。。。口味會比馬來西亞產嘅嚟得小甜。

kaya,港人多数称为"加央"或者我经常向我台湾朋友介绍為,"蛋香椰酱",送嘅話最好買本地產嘅。品牌如glory,singlong,甚至ntuc自家品牌都系本地造嘅。相比比較甜嘅馬來西亞產品,本地貨比較啱港人口味。

三合一咖啡,唔好買猫头鹰,super,nescafe,oldtown產品。喱些都系大量喺外國生產再出口嘅品牌。香港消费者一定會好熟悉。要買就買本地品牌 honsei,goldkili 特濃,二合一就買 hockkee桶装少甜。喱些比較貼近邻里咖啡店咖啡味。

肉骨茶汤料,去mustafa買,有大盒装嘅,经济d。

Myu~sun

Master Member
Reaction score
Going there on Thursday . Lugging 8pandan cake on board :( Heng I got 2 people with me if not 1person bring so many kana stared later.

cancan7

Reaction score
hi I'm resurrecting this thread, as I'm going to HK and will be meeting up with a friend. Seems like pandan cake and salted fish skin are good gifts to bring over.

However I will only be meeting the friend a few days after I reach HK, can I keep the pandan cake for so long? Will it still be fresh?

Sorry in advance if this is a silly question =:p

beanstalk6

Reaction score
hi I'm resurrecting this thread, as I'm going to HK and will be meeting up with a friend. Seems like pandan cake and salted fish skin are good gifts to bring over.

However I will only be meeting the friend a few days after I reach HK, can I keep the pandan cake for so long? Will it still be fresh?

Sorry in advance if this is a silly question =:p

Would you eat a 3-day old pandan cake?

andy1982

Reaction score
yeah thanks a lot. I'll probably buy Irvin's chips or some cookies instead

I saw Irvin's chips in casueway bay. :s13:

I second the Kaya choice. Pandan cake kept in the fridge can last for a week.

other things....

Sambal would be nice, those chilli crab/curry sauce packs that you can get at supermarkets.

alot of singapore food in HK these days, so many Bee Cheng Hieng, the staff offer me sample, say its from Singapore. i was... ok and i took one. :s13: they got a few more different meats, like beef... and their most sellable is chicken.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.