[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS RT-AC88U

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Let us know how your upgrade from 3341 to 1582 went.

While on 3341 I used to get a tremendous amount of spam in my email...like 300-400 per day.

Since I updated, it seems to have stopped...I can only assume it's the security enhancements.

No time do sia and very scared honestly. Sometimes really can’t find the reason to risk it when current setup all working well. My AC88U throughput for wifi to my desktop is around 700-800mbps.

And my parents always watching show and drama on tv box if suddenly wifi keep drop then ggwp, my phone will ring nonstop.

Last edited:

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those who are looking to buy this router tmr can get from challenger @ $328 at selected outlets. Saw their promo on their website. :D

Twilight

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a strange issue with my AC88..

When on 2.4 wifi.. My iphone appstore can browse the apps no issue.
When I switch to 5ghz wifi.. appstore browsing it either slow or it does not list the program out.... Anyone can advise whats the issue?

tankee531

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a strange issue with my AC88..

When on 2.4 wifi.. My iphone appstore can browse the apps no issue.
When I switch to 5ghz wifi.. appstore browsing it either slow or it does not list the program out.... Anyone can advise whats the issue?

Only app store slow?

Do speed test on both.

Maybe interference for 5ghz

Reechet

Reaction score
My issue is with its "USB Application".

I can't seem to get the Time Machine working regardless how religious I followed the instructions and troubleshooting. It either says that it can't find BackUp Disk or it will say "Waiting to Complete First Backup"...... Been a month and is still "backing up" with no success.

Anyone facing the same issue ?

ekin101

Reaction score
I still have problem with the latest version.. the speed will slower reduce and capped at 40mbps after some usage.. it become bad and further reduce to less then 1mbps.. soft reboot don’t help.. I had to power off and power on to recover my speed.. I’m on 500mbps fibre

Leion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Should I pay m1 $190 and upgrade to this router? Currently using rt-ac68u

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.