2017 Aug BTO Sengkang - Rivervale Shores

Wolfanism

Reaction score
Hi all,

First timer - 4 room applicant here.

I've got a question. After reviewing the unit layouts, I realised that most units come with a household shelter that is placed near the kitchen.

I also came across some articles stating that we can choose if we want the household shelter near the entrance of the living room or the kitchen.

I was wondering if it's true or if what shown in the online PDF is fixed?

Any comments/advice is appreciated!

Thanks.

Angelatan85

Reaction score
Hi all,

First timer - 4 room applicant here.

I've got a question. After reviewing the unit layouts, I realised that most units come with a household shelter that is placed near the kitchen.

I also came across some articles stating that we can choose if we want the household shelter near the entrance of the living room or the kitchen.

I was wondering if it's true or if what shown in the online PDF is fixed?

Any comments/advice is appreciated!

Thanks.

Hi

The each stack will have different placing of household shelter, we couldn't choose where to place our household shelter.

slogd3ad

Reaction score
BB 4/5rm has started their selection but we haven't gotten our appointment dates yet :(

I think must wait for earlier bto project before august to finish first. Looks like there are couple of bto project appointment still on going if im not mistaken.

kelvin_som

Reaction score
it was posted in the facebook grp that the sale brochure can be downloaded from www20.hdb.gov.sg

I did a count of the number of 4room units with balcony. total only 160 units....

majority of it is all high rise lvls..... mostly starting from lvl 8 onwards......

tanedward

Reaction score
Hi all ..i know bukit batok hdb application has been uploaded in hdb website .. may i know when will be rivervale shores one ?

kelvin_som

Reaction score
I'm also interested to know how they look like! would it be wise to stay on the same level as the sky terrace? would it be noisy etc? i'm shortlisting some units right now but dunno if it would be facing the west sun... can someone advise if unit 98, 100, 328 and 330 would be facing the west sun?

I presume if u take the lower floor for those units the west sun should not affect you coz blocked by the higher unit on the left....

98 and 328 the wall on the master bedroom will mostly be shine on by the west sun for the few higher lvls....

this is my guess correct me if i'm wrong.....

kelvin_som

Reaction score
I just went through all the design of the 4 room majority of it have the household shelter right in the middle of the house which is in front of the kitchen thus taking up the best place for a dining area setup......

only the few unit 20, 64, 74, 332, 296, 292 and 294 have the household shelter beside the main entrance but their main facing is towards the hdb area thus no view of the sungei serangoon river......

now cracking my head which to choose.... good view hard layout or good layout no view.....

any opinions??????

bubblestxs

Reaction score
I presume if u take the lower floor for those units the west sun should not affect you coz blocked by the higher unit on the left....

98 and 328 the wall on the master bedroom will mostly be shine on by the west sun for the few higher lvls....

this is my guess correct me if i'm wrong.....

Thank you so much for your reply, does that mean if i take unit 100 or 330 it would be better as living room area is hit by west sun? i'm planning to take higher floors. or since we would not go to master bedroom until we sleep, does that mean 98 and 328 is better? i'm so confused about this. :s22:

kelvin_som

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your reply, does that mean if i take unit 100 or 330 it would be better as living room area is hit by west sun? i'm planning to take higher floors. or since we would not go to master bedroom until we sleep, does that mean 98 and 328 is better? i'm so confused about this. :s22:

I think unless you take the highest few level then the west sun would affect the living room for unit 100 330.

the other 2 unit is the west sun shining onto the main wall in the master bedroom thus you would or should not see the sun shining at all but should be able to feel the heat on the wall emitting to the room on hot seasons.

so ultimately it depends on what you want..... but generally I think since you taking high level either left or right also gonna be affect by the west sun so might as well just choose the unit design you want and the facing you like would be better.

Wolfanism

Reaction score
I just went through all the design of the 4 room majority of it have the household shelter right in the middle of the house which is in front of the kitchen thus taking up the best place for a dining area setup......

only the few unit 20, 64, 74, 332, 296, 292 and 294 have the household shelter beside the main entrance but their main facing is towards the hdb area thus no view of the sungei serangoon river......

now cracking my head which to choose.... good view hard layout or good layout no view.....

any opinions??????
I am also having the same dilemma. Always wanted an open kitchen concept but on the other hand, we are already paying for a view even if we get a unit without a nice view :(

slogd3ad

Reaction score

any opinions??????

Don’t you think shelter beside the kitchen will ‘make’ your living room more space?

kelvin_som

Reaction score
Don’t you think shelter beside the kitchen will ‘make’ your living room more space?

if shelter infront of kitchen then it means the dining table will have to be within the living room area thus also taking up the living room space.

but instead if the shelter is beside the main entrance then the space in front of the kitchen would be spacious and can be designed into a open kitchen concept.

even if a wall is erected infront of the kitchen the space infront can be arranged with a small dining table for a small family which is more condusive. the wall can even be designed as semi open concept which is quite european style.

kelvin_som

Reaction score
I am also having the same dilemma. Always wanted an open kitchen concept but on the other hand, we are already paying for a view even if we get a unit without a nice view :(

anyway with my q number 386 I suppose I wun be able to get a river view unit as there is only 308 river view unit......

but imo I think the price for a unit without river view will be much lower than those with river view. coz the developer will take this into consideration thus price is also a main factor..... so selecting a unit without river view will definitely be much lower even if on the same block same level

Last edited:

Wolfanism

Reaction score
anyway with my q number 386 I suppose I wun be able to get a river view unit as there is only 308 river view unit......

but imo I think the price for a unit without river view will be much lower than those with river view. coz the developer will take this into consideration thus price is also a main factor..... so selecting a unit without river view will definitely be much lower even if on the same block same level
If price is lower, it will definitely help in making a decision. Lots of discussion going on with the fiancé on the unit selection. Hope you get a unit you like!

kelvin_som

Reaction score
If price is lower, it will definitely help in making a decision. Lots of discussion going on with the fiancé on the unit selection. Hope you get a unit you like!

oh where is the discussion on the finance.... yeah I also hope can get a unit I like but budget constraint also so cannot get too expensive high lvl unit....

sweetcl05

Reaction score
Anyone known roughly max. how many queue no hdb sale can attend to per day? I have q no. 29x for 2rm. does they attend on sat also?
I might be out of town in the 3rd wk of Nov, i suppose my appt wouldn't be so fast right? Hope it wouldn't crush at same timeframe....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.