Apple Watch

nicepal

Reaction score
Because iOS 11 till now still drains your battery faster than usual. Wait for 11.1.

maybe... let's see

Yesterday, I charged my watch till 100% and wore to sleep, in the morning battery left 99%.
Then I ran for around 1 hour, and I notice the battery drop to 81%.
Is this normal, if running with GPS + heart rate, the battery will drop close to 20%/hr?

Not sure about this as I have yet to use it to exercise monitor. However, I remember there is a setting that is ito measure and monitor the heart beat while at rest or also during workout. Not sure which but I did off that setting to just measure while at rest. Maybe this will help to extend the battery life.

my AW is showing 74% battery life as of this post on 1246am 13 Oct, last charge was at 12 Oct 710am. Amazed, though wore for a day to office with notification. Today didn't reply much WhatsApp from the AW and also today was using the Nike+ Watch Face.

Reaction score
this morning I ran again, but carry my iphone with me.
Using the same nike+ run club, and notice in 1 hour only battery only reduce 10%. Seems not too bad then :)

arsene

Reaction score
Yesterday, I charged my watch till 100% and wore to sleep, in the morning battery left 99%.
Then I ran for around 1 hour, and I notice the battery drop to 81%.
Is this normal, if running with GPS + heart rate, the battery will drop close to 20%/hr?
If so, meaning max I can run for 5 hours only??
Meaning, I can't wear it during my full marathon?
Did anyone try to use your apple watch to run a marathon?
I'm a slow runner, normally completed around 5 hr 50 mins.

To have longer battery life, you can turn off the heart rate monitoring.

warboy85

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DPUumTH.jpg

finally the case for my watch is here!

tremor

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anybody know where to get apple watch 3 cellular Model A1891 online? Don't want to wait till locally have it. Hoot first and when eSim is ready then use Sim.

nicepal

Reaction score
formal channel yet to sell the sim here.

I will just get the sim first. I felt cellar version is Apple's first, might not be stable yet though usable. And I am sure if keep using the watch to call, teh battery will drain fast... Though it is convenient when go jogging or other activity with the watch only...

chris888222

Reaction score
Isn't the eSIM supposed to be tied to the same phone account as your main phone?

Apologies for any silly questions. Not very familiar with the watch.

benz1987

Reaction score
Does it mean that if i get the apple watch LTE from overseas (i.e Australia, Germany etc), i will still be able to use it in SG once the esim for apple watch is made available from the local telco? The hardware in the LTE watch is uniform across all releases world-wide? Thanks!

tec_geek

Reaction score
Does it mean that if i get the apple watch LTE from overseas (i.e Australia, Germany etc), i will still be able to use it in SG once the esim for apple watch is made available from the local telco? The hardware in the LTE watch is uniform across all releases world-wide? Thanks!

It does support the various bands that’s in Singapore. Like Band 3 and 7 (1800 and 2600, respectively) and the extra band on Singtel’s, Band 8 (900).

But aren’t sure if it’s carrier or region locked to the origin of purchase.

benz1987

Reaction score
Thanks Tech Geek!

It does support the various bands that’s in Singapore. Like Band 3 and 7 (1800 and 2600, respectively) and the extra band on Singtel’s, Band 8 (900).

But aren’t sure if it’s carrier or region locked to the origin of purchase.

tremor

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tech Geek!
There are 2 versions of LTE, don't get the USA version, it won't work.

Australia and Japan model has the same model number which is
Apple Watch Series 3
Model A1889 (38mm)
Model A1891 (42mm)

These ones will work, but I can't find an online store to buy from yet.

benz1987

Reaction score
Yeah Tremor, I was thinking of the Aussie version of the Apple Watch LTE. Thanks for the information!

There are 2 versions of LTE, don't get the USA version, it won't work.

Australia and Japan model has the same model number which is
Apple Watch Series 3
Model A1889 (38mm)
Model A1891 (42mm)

These ones will work, but I can't find an online store to buy from yet.

chuah23

Reaction score
Hachi is selling series 2 42mm @ 390.40 and further discount of 25 bucks if using Citibank credit card to pay...since series 3 (non LTE) and series 2 not much diff, a saving of close to 180 should ba ok to take series 2 ba?

chuah23

Reaction score
Yes, I managed to get it, Apple Watch series 2 Nike 42mm but this noon when I got it I still can choose, cos all are available and now all sold out? That was fast....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.