[News] Nokia 8 officially launches in Singapore at S$769

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow pricing was lower than I expected, thought it will be around the $850~$899 price range

LonelyMan

Master Member
Reaction score
The senior management of HMD is a Hongkonger and from his interview on TVB, he is someone who is a geek so I am not surprised that the price is competitive.

WhiteAnt

Banned
Reaction score
actually the price is good leh. why they never take the Android One program to go stock android? Ok now i know why the price cheaper than my expectation... coz they save on putting in a better quality camera lens :(

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually the price is good leh. why they never take the Android One program to go stock android? Ok now i know why the price cheaper than my expectation... coz they save on putting in a better quality camera lens :(
Android One is more of a mid range budget phone initiative...
It wont look good for Nokia at all..

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It is stock Android..

What do you mean better quality lens?

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But most consumers might trust nokia more than oneplus... and oneplus 5 lacks micro sd and the better camera(?) Of the 8

For me, I will still prefer OnePlus over Nokia based on screen, camera battery life and PRICE.

queerquirks

Master Member
Reaction score
It's a nice phone. Just tired it at city Square jb. 5.3 inch 1440p. Dk much the camera but it's great for the price and the feel in hand plus stock android. Close fight versus op5 foin terms of potential rom development, warranty servicing and updates which still need to be assessed.

fujicolours

Reaction score
It's a zeiss branded camera. What more do you want?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.