UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card

benlau1

Reaction score
Just curious...

Given that this card awards 10X for paywave and OCBC titanium also awards 10X for mobile payments (similar to paywave) - which card do you all prefer now and why?

I personally use PPV more because I also clock points on my UOB Visa signature and UOB pools points.

Also - PPV post the 10X points when transaction is posted but for OCBC Titanium, we will have to wait till end of next month?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just curious...

Given that this card awards 10X for paywave and OCBC titanium also awards 10X for mobile payments (similar to paywave) - which card do you all prefer now and why?

I personally use PPV more because I also clock points on my UOB Visa signature and UOB pools points.

Also - PPV post the 10X points when transaction is posted but for OCBC Titanium, we will have to wait till end of next month?

Ocbc titanium gives 10x points for samsung pay MST, not so for UOB PPV. UOB PPV does not give uni$ for merchants that gives smart$. UOB PPV gives points per $5.

Last edited:

kazeeee

Reaction score
Just curious...

Use uob ppv on places where paywave is accepted but not mobile payments?
Still encounter some old terminals that dont accept mobile payments mostly restaurants

fone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ocbc titanium gives 10x points for samsung pay MST, not so for UOB PPV. UOB PPV does not give uni$ for merchants that gives smart$. UOB PPV gives points per $5.

Haha, I'm gonna call and make a lot of noise when my small MST transaction posts, let's see how it goes.

kimin0211

Reaction score
Anyone knows whether we can get x10 uni$ when we pay the M1 and SingTel bill at Telco’s portal ? I mean using PPV to pay the bill. Previously, I paid the bills by using HSBC Revolution card. And I get 2 miles per dollar.

fone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same for SPC, is it even mentioned in the TnCs?

SPC might be a lost cause. It is stated in on the site (UOB SPC promo site), but not in any TnCs, any contractual experts here, is this more legal binding than the TnCs? (TnC says ANY transactions via paywave, while only "website" says no UNI$ for SPC)? Which one should take dominance?

I only tried a small amount for MST, as it has been reported here that there is no 10x. Called to make noise and pointed that the TnCs actually says that "Contactless Transactions" include ANY via Samsung Pay. They offered to give me (a one off) extra 9X for that particular MST transaction but not for future ones. I'm not interested in that small amount for this one but for bigger amounts if I charge in future.

Call center person cannot make any decision but only relay messages between me and the product team (I presume). Instructed him to let the product team to either change their TnCs or include all future MST transactions, otherwise, I will be calling in for every MST I make, or even issue lawyer letter for them not complying with their own TnCs.

swordspirit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same for SPC, is it even mentioned in the TnCs?

I would take all tnc that is applicable together and not just 1 tnc unless that tnc specifically overwrite other tnc. So if 1 tnc say no, dont bother to argue other tnc.

slee88

Reaction score
I would take all tnc that is applicable together and not just 1 tnc unless that tnc specifically overwrite other tnc. So if 1 tnc say no, dont bother to argue other tnc.

The UOB Fuel Power SPC FAQ states no UNI$ or SMART$ if using UOB cards unless otherwise stated (Q8):
http://www.uob.com.sg/web-resources...s/cards-privileges/fuel-power/spc/faq-spc.pdf

Other option is to do UOB Visa Signature, but need to hit $1K monthly spend for Paywave/SPC to get the 10X.

fone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I might be ignorant, but I have yet to see any TnC that says no UNI$. Only website and FAQ.

The UOB Fuel Power SPC FAQ states no UNI$ or SMART$ if using UOB cards unless otherwise stated (Q8):
http://www.uob.com.sg/web-resources...s/cards-privileges/fuel-power/spc/faq-spc.pdf

Other option is to do UOB Visa Signature, but need to hit $1K monthly spend for Paywave/SPC to get the 10X.

What you posted is FAQ. How legal is an FAQ vs TnC, where FAQ says no miles, but TnC says "ANY transaction"?

If one looks at the SPC site, there is no actual TnC for SPC, only terms and conditions of UOB One card and the rewards page (rewards page says nothing about SPC or 0 earnings on petrol for PPV).

On a side note, rewards TnC says PPV only earn on paywave only, but PPV TnC says to include ANY transaction via Samsung Pay, of which I'm fighting. Obviously, the rewards TnC (which still says 24k UNI$ max per year), is not up to date, which should be superseeded by the PPV TnCs.

Last edited:

slee88

Reaction score
I might be ignorant, but I have yet to see any TnC that says no UNI$. Only website and FAQ.

What you posted is FAQ. How legal is an FAQ vs TnC, where FAQ says no miles, but TnC says "ANY transaction"?

If one looks at the SPC site, there is no actual TnC for SPC, only terms and conditions of UOB One card and the rewards page (rewards page says nothing about SPC or 0 earnings on petrol for PPV).

On a side note, rewards TnC says PPV only earn on paywave only, but PPV TnC says to include ANY transaction via Samsung Pay, of which I'm fighting. Obviously, the rewards TnC (which still says 24k UNI$ max per year), is not up to date, which should be superseeded by the PPV TnCs.

I am only providing what I have found based on my own research as I try to maximise my UNI$ and formulate my own credit card spend strategy.

I have neither the time nor the energy to argue/dispute with the bank, but if you do, go for it.

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry i didnt go through all the pages but does paypal via this card gives 10x points?

fone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After contesting the points award, UOB awarded 10x points for my small MST transaction (meant for testing purpose only), plus email in proof (charge slip) that this is indeed Samsung Pay transaction. The call centre agent claimed that this is only a one-off thing and no further points will be award for my future MST transactions, but I told them to either change the T&Cs or I will continue to spend and call in to disturb them.

So the more people who call in and disturb them on the MST 10x (no matter how small the transaction), the faster they will do work to either include MST or change the T&Cs.

Too lazy to go fight the SPC for now, since I'd never be using UOB card for SPC (other than the only time I used the voucher included).

eliteFX

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried PPV in Shopee.com?

Yes, no 10x awarded for Shopee.

edit: I might be wrong, saw a deduction of 20 UNI$ on a 103sgd refund transaction, that seems like 1x?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.