Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

nexusRAGER

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they took bloody long time to serve meat..

and ask for more serving, they give default serving..

plus the 60 mins time limit.. :s22::s22::s22:

i went for dinner damn fast woh when they serve the food, also i order for refill come quite fast and portion was good..

maybe cause i went for dinner

wad3v3r

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They got 60min lunch at much lower price point.

Gyuu+%20Buffet%20SepOct%20(WEB).jpg

Yo twtan14! do you have any idea what time their lunch buffet span from?

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is a 1-for-1 Promotion for Boston Lobster Buffet at Holiday Inn Atrium:

https://therantingpanda.com/2017/10...er-and-southeast-asian-cuisine-themed-buffet/

Errr, things to take note of. This is not the first review i read tat highlighted this liao ... not bad, at least the reviewer is honest even though its an invited tasting :s13:

Extract from review :-

And if you see a snaking queue of diners at the buffet area, that will be the queue awaiting rather impatiently for their Pan Seared Boston Lobster. Despite it being a highlight of the buffet, the item gets topped up infrequently and seemingly reluctantly by the kitchen chefs.

Rants For a S$96 a pax buffet, the spread was definitely underwhelming. And it doesn’t help it that you have to be lining up in standby mode and end off snatching (literally) the buffet’s highlight Boston Lobster with your fellow diners.

Will I Return Again? The 1-for-1 promotion seems to be a perpetual here, so perhaps we should just start with pricing it at S$48 a pax? And I am not looking forward to snatching my dinner with my fellow diners.

This was an invited tasting, though all opinions expressed are our own.

TheRantingPanda says:
Taste bud: 2.5/5
Hole in the pocket: 4/5
Ambience: 2.5/5
Overall Experience: 2.5/5

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in joining for the following :-

------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinner Buffet @ YWCA
Date. Fri 13 Oct
Time. 645pm
Venue. YWCA Fort Canning Lodge
Price. $19.90 nett

No idea if its good, but for the price, dun mind trying.

https://myfave.com/singapore/ywca-f...g-lodge-weekend-buffet-dinner-for-1-pax-33909

Lunch Porridge Buffet @ ISteamboat
Date. Sun 15 Oct
Time. 130pm
Venue. iSteamboat @ Marina Sq
Price. $7.80 nett

Decent, value for $, basic porridge buffet.

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/DAILY-LUN...H-24-DISHES-AND-FREE-FLOW-OF-DRINKS/481141820

SUPPER Porridge Buffet @ Escape
Date. Fri 20 Oct
Time. 11pm - 4am
Venue. Escape @ OneFarrer Hotel (Farrer Park MRT)
Price. $18.85 nett

More up market porridge buffet w pig intestines, duck etc. Pretty tasty.

http://www.onefarrer.com/en/promotions/supper-teochew-porridge-spread.html

tomb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
orchard cafe lunch buffet not too bad given the 1 for 1. three types of sashimi - squid, swordfish and salmon. cold seafood only prawns, clams, scallops and mussels. cooked food was quite good though mostly asian style dishes. got durian pengat but probably very little durian flesh as you could hardly smell it.

swathe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
orchard cafe lunch buffet not too bad given the 1 for 1. three types of sashimi - squid, swordfish and salmon. cold seafood only prawns, clams, scallops and mussels. cooked food was quite good though mostly asian style dishes. got durian pengat but probably very little durian flesh as you could hardly smell it.

What is mixed inside durian penyat besides sugar if little flesh?

numbers

Master Member
Reaction score

what's the buffet pricing ah? is it only for credit card promos?

tomb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wat u guys think of orchard cafe?? Is it gd compared to marriott

I will opt for Marriott Cafe, the food tasted better. Love the braised dishes, sweet fresh Boston lobsters and to a certain extend, the roasted section. But their Japanese section which has just 2-3 kinds of sashimi and some sushi doesn't tempt me at all.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.