 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

ashhong

Reaction score

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I doubt so, probably will coexist for a period of time before they fully switch.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
since it work via long range rfid, then Apple Pay will be out. in fact most of the current cards will be out.

credit/debit/apple/samsung/androidpay/handsfree all won't be out.
they are all under Account-Based Ticketing (ABT) which means u can register any card linked to your account then use it.
if don't like account based still can use ezlink/flashpay which are prepaid options.
they are giving more choices to commuters, not changing the system.

i prefer to use apple watch more than handsfree. handsfree u can't control but watch u can control when u want to tap in/out.

Reaction score
Since last week, I'm using my apple watch to make payment, but I notice when I check the wallet in my iphone, I don't see the transactions history. Any idea how to see the transactions history in apple watch?
So sorry, if the question already answered before.
Thanks again.

tec_geek

Reaction score
Since last week, I'm using my apple watch to make payment, but I notice when I check the wallet in my iphone, I don't see the transactions history. Any idea how to see the transactions history in apple watch?
So sorry, if the question already answered before.
Thanks again.

Apparently it isn’t reflected on the iPhone as they are kind of 2 separate ‘cards’ - different device tokens.

Slavor

Reaction score
Also, it depends on your card issuer too. My AMEX card could see all transactions on my iPhone, even those done with my physical card.

Apparently it isn’t reflected on the iPhone as they are kind of 2 separate ‘cards’ - different device tokens.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.
I don't have AMEX, currently only use visa & master.
I guess, just need to check my account more often, in case of double payment.

chris888222

Reaction score
Unrelated to SG context but Apple Pay now works with ANZ eftpos cards in Australia. Rumoured release in some Scandinavian countries next week. As Apple Pay also works with Interac in Canada, there is no surprise that it can work with similar systems.

Given that NETS (our equivalent of eftpos) wants to launch their own contactless service, they better make it compatible with Apple Pay. Though what I'm seeing is they are pushing for QR payments for iPhones which kinda makes me sick.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unrelated to SG context but Apple Pay now works with ANZ eftpos cards in Australia. Rumoured release in some Scandinavian countries next week. As Apple Pay also works with Interac in Canada, there is no surprise that it can work with similar systems.

Given that NETS (our equivalent of eftpos) wants to launch their own contactless service, they better make it compatible with Apple Pay. Though what I'm seeing is they are pushing for QR payments for iPhones which kinda makes me sick.

QR payment is just one of the prongs in this smart nation project. Apple pay and other mobile payments will also be supported in transit but the question is when will these be supported.

As different countries have different policies and existing infrastructure, we can't compare with another country outrightly..

chris888222

Reaction score
QR payment is just one of the prongs in this smart nation project. Apple pay and other mobile payments will also be supported in transit but the question is when will these be supported.

As different countries have different policies and existing infrastructure, we can't compare with another country outrightly..
It's not exactly about comparing infrastructure. NETS can integrate contactless with Apple Pay (and they are even going to launch their own debit service) but instead they push for QR codes on iOS because they want to avoid paying extra fees. By doing this, they are creating another mobile payment method in an already confusing mess.

Tyrian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's not exactly about comparing infrastructure. NETS can integrate contactless with Apple Pay (and they are even going to launch their own debit service) but instead they push for QR codes on iOS because they want to avoid paying extra fees. By doing this, they are creating another mobile payment method in an already confusing mess.

Boils down to money.

tec_geek

Reaction score

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol. It's easy to say that.

Nets itself is not a worldwide backbone but only merely for Singapore use. To make nets integrated to Apple Pay, you got ask tim Cook whether he wants not?

I don't think having qr codes will be causing a confusion. It just caters to different target clients.

Usually every 5 years or every 10 years the technology will die off if it's not well received, so we shall just wait a while and see how..

The latest singtel dash supports virtual visa payment. That one I'm taken aback cos I don't know who uses that. Lol.

PetPet

Reaction score
Too many cooks spoil the broth.
NETS adapted too slowly to the market.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.