recent Win10 update cause PC to become lag

seveneleven

Reaction score
Hi, recently, after installing windows 10 creator updates, the pc become buggy, on the desktop, unable to use mouse to select, will pause for a few sec then the folders is selected.

When open excel 2007, unable to do any things on it. But can open.

anyone face ths same issue?

Last edited:

AMD1800

Reaction score
Occasional lag Windows 10 Creator's Update

Occasionally have something like 5 secs freeze, then whole train of buffered keystrokes and clicks are executed.
Don't have Excel.

seveneleven

Reaction score
i had revert back to the previous win 10 update, the issues all solve, i think the new creator update really not compatible with my pc.

another issue i face is that after creator update, my speaker volume become softer, i had check all my drivers, its all up to date...

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i agreee win 10 freeze. but i dunno which one freeze.
really dislike.

seveneleven

Reaction score
now i keep delaying the update by clicking "remind me later".. anyone has a permanent solution to it?

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think u can go over to windows update settings to disable the whole windows update so it stop poping.

WheelThatFails

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, recently, after installing windows 10 creator updates, the pc become buggy, on the desktop, unable to use mouse to select, will pause for a few sec then the folders is selected.

When open excel 2007, unable to do any things on it. But can open.

anyone face ths same issue?

yes
incompatible
not tested on your system
correct methods of update and upgrade should have asked or consult your manufacturer before updating or upgrading

cannot sukra sukra upgrade or update

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had bad lag in games especially EA ones like Battlefront.
What I did was manually disabled game mode in the registry and it works well after that! Problem is there is no option to turn off game mode now other then going into registry and manually adjusting the parameter.

Instruction :

Since you need to make a change to the Windows registry, you will need administrative rights. Open the Windows registry and navigate to the following location;

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\GameBar
Here, look for a key called AllowAutoGameMode. If it’s not there, create it. Right-click inside the right panel and select New>DWORD (32-bit) Value. Rename the new value AllowAutoGameMode.

By default, this key will have the value 0. It will disable Game Mode. If you want to enable Game Mode, change its value to 1.

AllowAutoGameMode.jpg

Try this and see if it fixes your lag. I know it did for mine. Something about the new update has screwed up the parking of cores in windows.

JakiBOii

Reaction score
I didn't encounter any lag so far. But I lost my bluetooth. I tried to delete/re install the driver but it just won't exist anymore.advice would be appreciated! ;)

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I didn't encounter any lag so far. But I lost my bluetooth. I tried to delete/re install the driver but it just won't exist anymore.advice would be appreciated! ;)

Any brands and model name for it? Go to official website and find it? See if it still can support for newer OS or not.

relaxxjaxx

Reaction score
Glad to see I'm not the only one. Lags youtube, games.... what a bad release. Trying to see how i can downgrade back to the previous build off WIN10.

bundy

Master Member
Reaction score
Me super lag.. Going to reinstate the OS and prevent it from updating

Sent from Where Is My Nexus5x using GAGT

megaweb

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After upgrading to the latest Windows 10 patch, sometimes I couldn't open any app after start up. I perform sign out and it prompts me Task Host window hang. Then I force close it and re-login, everything back to normal.

tungsten2

Master Member
Reaction score
Personal I find that instead of upgrading, download the latest version then perform a clean install. The system is less problematic. imho.

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.