ICA photo booth for SG passport application

Kitunot

Reaction score
in case info is of use to anyone, it costs $6.30 (for 4 pcs) as of Oct 17 (run by vendor aunties/uncles at Level 1). Same operating hours as ICA.

Had probs with online submission due to Singpass password and in view of upcoming trip,went down to ICA to submit application. Q at the Passport Application Service Counter at 2nd level, the officer passed me the application form and asked me to drop it off at the nearby deposit box after indicating collection date on the form (application on Thur, collection date on following Wed). Blank application forms also available at the deposit box btw.

If wanna make nets payment at eLobby level 1, let officer know, else payment by credit/debit card details on form. Q not too long on a Thurs morning, like 10 paxs (moved readily that day).

Oh and if you happen to arrive before 8am, may walk to the back and join the q (not visible from the front). They will let this q clear first before removing the entrance barricades.

Last edited:

limchooc

Reaction score
$6.30 sound quite reasonable, the photo ID booth at Toa Payoh charge $7. Is the queue to take photo at the photo booth very long ?

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score
$6.30 sound quite reasonable, the photo ID booth at Toa Payoh charge $7. Is the queue to take photo at the photo booth very long ?

Just take yourself with your handphone or camera and submit via E-application is easier.

I took the photo from ICA booth. They are actually ICA's vendor, not operated by ICA. The photo they took for me was ugly. They refused to retake even though it is digital.

Kitunot

Reaction score
It's definitely easier to do online application, that's why the info is for those who are unable to do so / pressed for time like me and haven't been to ICA for ages :)

No Q at photo booth when I went Thurs am and didn't see anyone queuing out of the room Wed pm. Photo ok lah acceptable, does the job. Hard to look like a million bucks in these kind of photos anyways w/o the digital enhancement we're used to nowadays or unless perfectly coiffured / photogenic. The panel in front of you is reflective so can at least arrange your hair.

Ended up had to go get a Q number at the Passport Application Service Counter (lucky 4th in Q.. later at 2.15pm and 3.50pm, abt 15-20paxs in q), served at 2.15pm and there is a buffer time of 1hr before proceeding to the designated counter at 3.15pm with passport collected 35mins later. so total of 1hr35mins from time of Q number given (which stated 5 in Q btw).

Last edited:

therat

Master Member
Reaction score
actually, you can print out the form, send back will do. No need to go all the way down to ICA for submission

gumbokins

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had to retake my photo for my recent application. Uncle made me change my glasses to his back up one. I hate the pic lol can't wait to change!

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Most people need not visit ICA at all throughout the process. Form can be downloaded and submission can be done by post. Collection can be done at post offices. One can do a "bokeh" portrait selfie for the photo, have it printed at a digital photo service.

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if u were to do online photo submitting . i notice my file size after using the ica photo crop tool it become 38kb. Is this ok?

buller

Reaction score
Hi pple,
Please note that u can not more take IC photo at ICA since jun of 2019 and there is also no cheap place near by to get it done. For those phone app, mostly those photo are not accepted at ICA. Not in Sing and not in state as I have personal experience on this. I'm quite good in photograph but my best shot was turn down. U can of course give a try and I think ICA can let u test 1 time or so. The photo booth u found at most MRT station now cost $8 for 4 photo and I find it not reliable as if u miss something, than it's $8. Most photo process shop at the mall are charging more than $10 for the service in a cramp tight area where u are expose to everyone sight. Anyway, I was looking around and found this shop at bras basah complex call Shalom color lab which cost $9 for 4 photo. https://shalomcolor.com.sg/passportphotos

The shop owner is a short haired lady(no bad looking, a bit of my types) :D and will let u choose the few photo she shoot. Of course everything is still quite fast meaning she shoot and the shot is transfer to a screen just beside her so you do have to make a fast decision on the photo. Anyway this is IC photo so as long as it pass, right? I find this the cheapest and best bet because if not accepted by ICA, than can always return to the shop to get it done again. But from the way she took the picture, I could tell she's very good because she will direct you on the posture so u do get really a quite nice shot. I mean for $1 more vs the photo booth, it's a no brainer...

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just renewed my passport online recently. Now there is no more photo editing tools provided on the ICA website where it used to have. But now photo submitting is automated and handled by their system where it will inform u whether it is rejected or successful immediately. I managed to get thru after the 3rd try

thattragedy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure who uses those photo stalls anymore but now can just use handphone take against a white wall and use app to edit
Hi pple,
Please note that u can not more take IC photo at ICA since jun of 2019 and there is also no cheap place near by to get it done. For those phone app, mostly those photo are not accepted at ICA. Not in Sing and not in state as I have personal experience on this. I'm quite good in photograph but my best shot was turn down. U can of course give a try and I think ICA can let u test 1 time or so. The photo booth u found at most MRT station now cost $8 for 4 photo and I find it not reliable as if u miss something, than it's $8. Most photo process shop at the mall are charging more than $10 for the service in a cramp tight area where u are expose to everyone sight. Anyway, I was looking around and found this shop at bras basah complex call Shalom color lab which cost $9 for 4 photo. https://shalomcolor.com.sg/passportphotos

The shop owner is a short haired lady(no bad looking, a bit of my types) :D and will let u choose the few photo she shoot. Of course everything is still quite fast meaning she shoot and the shot is transfer to a screen just beside her so you do have to make a fast decision on the photo. Anyway this is IC photo so as long as it pass, right? I find this the cheapest and best bet because if not accepted by ICA, than can always return to the shop to get it done again. But from the way she took the picture, I could tell she's very good because she will direct you on the posture so u do get really a quite nice shot. I mean for $1 more vs the photo booth, it's a no brainer...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.