HWZ AMD Ryzen R5 Owners Klub

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not overclocking but wanna know if default settings on Win 10 Pro ( updated to latest ) will work without any issues for gaming and casual productivity tasks.

If need to tweak here and there just for normal usage, might just hold upgrade first.

i'm on window 10 pro (fall creator update) no issue here

ah_khoo

Reaction score
X370 is recommended for r7 for d reason of beefier pwm. If ur gonna oc on r7 chip on b350 (most with 4+2 phase) d fets (n d fets cooler) will get pretty toasty, not healthy for long term.

Last edited:

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
D only optimazition needed is getting ram to hit that 3200mhz (on ram), n for this particular reason u need to choose ya board carefully. I would suggest msi/giga for now (given my experience with b350m gaming 3 n b350 tomahawk) but i heard good things bout asus b350 boards as well. :)

If don't hit 3200mhz, performance will suffer badly ? I don't really care about benchmarks.

ah_khoo

Reaction score
If don't hit 3200mhz, performance will suffer badly ? I don't really care about benchmarks.

Not really, for d feel good factor only. I dun mind spendin few more sec if can save 1xx bucks. U dont really need samsung sticks to achieve 3200mhz, just that samsung takes less efforts n offer tighter timing. ;)

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Not really, for d feel good factor only. I dun mind spendin few more sec if can save 1xx bucks. U dont really need samsung sticks to achieve 3200mhz, just that samsung takes less efforts n offer tighter timing. ;)

true that but this is what the most my ram can do

Memory
G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3000 16GB CL15 Hynix-M Die (3066 CL16-17-17-30-60-1T-GDM)

which is gd enough for average gamer :D

t258jgn

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Klevv Cras 2 16GB DDR4-3000CL15 LED tested 2933mhz 16-16-16-36-68
cheap & good

ah_khoo

Reaction score
Hynix afr is better mileage wise n perhaps offer tighter timing, n they usually found in mid tier models like corsair vegeance rgb 3k i used to have. I can even do 15-17-17 @ 3200 albeit 2t n not fully 24/7 stable yet (at that point of time) on tomahawk, a value board. :)

Last edited:

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway, I am having difficulties trying to get the ram to work beyond 2133. No matter what I do, using XMP profile or manual overclock, this board simply refuse to boot up and will eventually go back to default settings after trying to boot for 5 times or so. The Corsair Vengeance LPX is meant to run at 3000 I can't even get it to boot at 2800. It seems the board simply dislikes any changes in the ram speed. :(

Ferolare

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway, I am having difficulties trying to get the ram to work beyond 2133. No matter what I do, using XMP profile or manual overclock, this board simply refuse to boot up and will eventually go back to default settings after trying to boot for 5 times or so. The Corsair Vengeance LPX is meant to run at 3000 I can't even get it to boot at 2800. It seems the board simply dislikes any changes in the ram speed. :(
have you tried increasing vSOC?

Last edited:

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have you tried increasing vSOC?

I did, but only +0.012. :o Not sure how much to pump it up.

Anyway, after upgrading the BIOs from F5 all the way to F7a, still the same problem persist. Seems like the board don't like this ram, therefore, it is not working well.

Ferolare

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did, but only +0.012. :o Not sure how much to pump it up.

Anyway, after upgrading the BIOs from F5 all the way to F7a, still the same problem persist. Seems like the board don't like this ram, therefore, it is not working well.
probably just your board then

my ab350m d3h boots my lpx 2400 ok since day 1 :s34:

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I finally got it to work. The problem lies with either a misleading manual or incorrectly labeled ram slots. The manual mentioned to work in Dual channel mode, I need to install the ram either in the config of
1) Channel A - 1 & 3
2) Channel B - 2 & 4

I used option (1) but I also realized that it is not running at the expected speed, but also showing single channel. I just changed to slot 1 & 2, and got it to run at dual channel and 2933. :s22:

FYI for those that are getting this board. It is not a bad board to be honest, just this mixed up information that caused this inconvenience.

hlots123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I finally got it to work. The problem lies with either a misleading manual or incorrectly labeled ram slots. The manual mentioned to work in Dual channel mode, I need to install the ram either in the config of
1) Channel A - 1 & 3
2) Channel B - 2 & 4

I used option (1) but I also realized that it is not running at the expected speed, but also showing single channel. I just changed to slot 1 & 2, and got it to run at dual channel and 2933. :s22:

FYI for those that are getting this board. It is not a bad board to be honest, just this mixed up information that caused this inconvenience.
i kno wat u meant :), but wat u wrote kinda made the manual sound correct as dual channel mode needs to use both channels A&B...:o

Gum

Reaction score
Plus 1 to Ryzen 5 family. Recently got a new setup of R5 1600 oc to 3.7ghz, Corsair Vengeance lpx running at 3200mhz, Asus x370 pro. Very nice speed bump from my previous 4yrs old AMD APU setup.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.