Future of Kinokuniya seems challenging..

PingJun

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I keep tracking on their 20% sales.

Nothing at the moment.

Try Wed or Thurs.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
dLREIpD.jpg

PingJun

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good thing for Kinokuniya is that I can order Taiwanese or Japanese books with them.

There was once I ordered Taiwanese magazines from them. These magazines aren't sold in Singapore, not even Kinokuniya. But they are willing to help me order from Taiwan.

hnzfaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
While Kino has an excellent physical store in Singapore, its webstore leaves a lot to be desired. The main issue is SPEED.

The webstore has an extremely slow server. Every search will take many seconds to load. And the results of searching are painful to go through. They aren't sorted based on availability, so you're literally forced to open them one by one to see if they're available in their fulfillment centre. And oh the horrible speed of opening each item.. Kino's website has always been slow for years, but it appears worse these days, to the point of unusable.

Second, the speed of fulfillment. I ordered a number of books, and all are shown to be available in their fulfillment centre at the time of ordering. Well, it took them 4 business days to inform me that some books I ordered aren't available at their fulfillment centre. They ask me via email if I want to order them from their supplier, which they say could take up to 3 weeks. Two problems: why aren't their database updated in the first place? Second why do they take 4 business days to find out about it?

If I want to wait for days just to be informed that the books aren't available, I'm afraid they aren't up to the competition, where books can be bought at much cheaper prices (eg Amazon, Book Depository).

So, Kino should step up their game if they want to be a major player in online retailing. At the moment, I have to say, based on my current experience, there's plenty of room for improvement.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
So far I have no issues with online purchases but yes, I agree the website speed needs an improvement. Scrolling for books from page 1 to page 2 and so on is slow, sometimes I even think the website lags.

Last edited:

hnzfaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Members Only - 20% Off* Storewide

18th to 22nd Oct 2017 (Wed to Sun)
@ All Four Kinokuniya Singapore Stores!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.