Unblock TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ubox gen 4 selling for $129 at Shopee flash deal. Local seller with free delivery or self collection at sim lim tower. Price valid till 6pm or when allocated sets are sold out.

yhw22

Master Member
Reaction score
You can find cheaper by all means share with us here. I rem you are the guy who claimed you saw ubox being sold for HKD$88 in hong kong. So bought any sets back to flip?

don't like that lah, should be seen wrongly. after thinking where got so cheap meh. :s13:

ho_kuku

Reaction score
Got leh, lazada was selling gen3 bluetooth at $41. That was a few month back. Ppl got a couple of set from there to flip

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got leh, lazada was selling gen3 bluetooth at $41. That was a few month back. Ppl got a couple of set from there to flip

Everyday xmas. Everyday lazada selling gen 3 for $41:s13:. Wake me up when they selling for $41 again ok.......ZZZZzzzzzz........

oldman1881

Reaction score
Are you guys still using UBOX? I give up after 5 months trial and go back to cable as my son always complains that education channel is offline very often and waste his precise TV time.
BTW UBVOD is very laggy these few months and not watchable, do you face this problem?

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are you guys still using UBOX? I give up after 5 months trial and go back to cable as my son always complains that education channel is offline very often and waste his precise TV time.
BTW UBVOD is very laggy these few months and not watchable, do you face this problem?
You should had tried a trial of a paid service like Deke before u give it up. 2 months of subscription with cable can pay for a year sub with them.

There are other services at the other iptv thread which are cheaper but the PQ is a little lower if you are okay. :o

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

they just fixed the problem for ubvod, should be quite smooth, the HQ is of better quality too.

what education channels are you talking?

oldman1881

Reaction score
You should had tried a trial of a paid service like Deke before u give it up. 2 months of subscription with cable can pay for a year sub with them.

There are other services at the other iptv thread which are cheaper but the PQ is a little lower if you are okay. :o

Does Deke provide program schedule like StarHub? any recording service?

I am OK with UB live TV as I can get TV program from TW website, but my son does not like it and he likes to record those documentual from H2 and watch again and again, I need History , H2, Discovery, TLC etc. only few channel only.

Last edited:

jonchongg

Reaction score
Just bought the gen 4. After using the remote to power down and turn of tv etc, when i want to watch it again, i can never turn it on with the remote control. I will have to turn off the power switch on the wall and turn it on again to reset the box. Anyone has this problem?

Next, does the Live TV have channel or programme info at all? Mine always says "In playing No channel forecast".

Hope to get some help.

gravityz3r0

Reaction score
Anybody knows UB app traces the account using what ? Mac ID? Is it possible to clone the APK to my own android box and spoof the MAC ID instead? My Gen2 box is slowing to a crawl, was hoping that I can trick the app into running on my much faster android box.

oldman1881

Reaction score
Anybody knows UB app traces the account using what ? Mac ID? Is it possible to clone the APK to my own android box and spoof the MAC ID instead? My Gen2 box is slowing to a crawl, was hoping that I can trick the app into running on my much faster android box.

using Mac address, but not so easy to crack. it is a LAN port's address, and the current app can change wifi's mac address only in the rooted OS.

Do share with us your progress.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The UBTV app doesn't need high speed chipset to run. If your box is slow, factory reset should restore the original speed. For gen2, I suggest not to install any app except UBTV.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any advice on this please? thanks.

Gen 3 proBT and Gen 4 proBT are using the same exact chip lar....so do you think got any difference? Besides, internal hardware rarely has any effect on picture quality of channels or vods. Shitty source will look just as bad on 2017 or 2007 hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.