Jln Tenteram Developments

sgcoolie

Reaction score
Is the expressway noise really that bad? Is your unit facing directly? High, mid or low floor? Appreciate your sharing
I stay low floor. Quiet as a cemetry at night. Depends where are you facing.
The higher, the more noise from CTE and PIE ba
20171007_143430_zpsejzruw6l.jpg

spinelli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi

anyone know where exactly is this underground pass thru the CTE? I went there last Sat but couldnt find it, only those overheadbridges. Even my friend who's staying there doesnt know

YoYoMa88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi

anyone know where exactly is this underground pass thru the CTE? I went there last Sat but couldnt find it, only those overheadbridges. Even my friend who's staying there doesnt know
You tried asking staff from Giant?

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi

To find it, you must first find block116 which is a long block.
A tiny road runs parallel to this block.
If you see the overhead bridges, you are too far north. You need to move south.

Find block 116, find the road, and you will find Narnia.

spinelli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To find it, you must first find block116 which is a long block.
A tiny road runs parallel to this block.
If you see the overhead bridges, you are too far north. You need to move south.

Find block 116, find the road, and you will find Narnia.

Ya, in fact I was there as my friend stayed there. But cant see it. Anyway Im not sure, any diff on time walkingusing that passage or those overhead bridges to BK Mrt :s11:

hataeki88

Master Member
Reaction score
I do research online, went there see personally....sorry that plc too ulu Liao...for the amt of money I have to pay to hdb, I think is not worth it....ppl r not dumb. This area so many round of sbf .... yet still got so many units left...for own stay, too inconvenient, no Coffeeshop no mrt...onli got 2 buses.....for resale next time...no value, hard to find buyer....for u guys who not sure, go down personally n feel....u will know wat I mean...

hataeki88

Master Member
Reaction score
I tried walking, slow walk....to market 15mins...to Balestier 20mins....as for that so called underpass to Boon Keng mrt, took mi half an hr....unless u got car....if not that plc is a no no....think hdb will have a hard time selling this plc

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I do research online, went there see personally....sorry that plc too ulu Liao...for the amt of money I have to pay to hdb, I think is not worth it....ppl r not dumb. This area so many round of sbf .... yet still got so many units left...for own stay, too inconvenient, no Coffeeshop no mrt...onli got 2 buses.....for resale next time...no value, hard to find buyer....for u guys who not sure, go down personally n feel....u will know wat I mean...

I tried walking, slow walk....to market 15mins...to Balestier 20mins....as for that so called underpass to Boon Keng mrt, took mi half an hr....unless u got car....if not that plc is a no no....think hdb will have a hard time selling this plc

The immediate neighborhood isn't fantastic either. I'm surprise HDB went ahead with this BTO.

Even having a car is not good. The road leading to the main road is pretty long winded. My preference will be the bus stop along PIE. Take a bus to Toa Payoh and you'll have everything :).

YoYoMa88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1 1/2 month later you take a more thorough walk walk...

orduna

Reaction score
Different people have different priorities when it comes to choosing a flat; not everyone wants to stay near the train station and not everyone is willing / has the budget to pay half a million for a 3rd floor 4-room unit at St. George’s Towers.

Tenteram Peak location itself isn’t the most ideal if you compare to St. George’s Towers / McNair Towers / Bendemeer Lights or even Kallang Trivista. If staying near MRT is number one priority, able to afford and looking to sell after MOP, go ahead with these four projects.

Tenteram Peak is still liveable even without a car. Two buses servicing Tenteram Peak may not be enough but have you seen places where there is only one feeder bus to the interchange? Even if a person does not own a car, it does not mean Tenteram Peak is a no go zone.

In my opinion, if a person’s priority is to live in Kallang / Whampoa area but with limited budget, Tenteram Peak is an alternative choice to consider.

The eating house is under renovation, the HDB renovation notice is up on the wall.

Normal walking via the underpass only took me 20 minutes to reach Boon Keng MRT.

PS: If anyone can’t find the underpass, it is near the eating house. Cross the small road beside the eating house, you will see stairs leading down to the underpass. Use Street Directory map instead of Google map.

ultimas83

Reaction score
The background noise is too loud due to the close proximity to expressway...The lower floors have better insulation due to the multi storey carpark. On top of that, it is not uncommon to hear ambulance sirens on the expressway is due to the hospital nearby.

Personally, I feel HDB should not even build so close to it. On top of that, the lifts are by sigma, the company infamous for frequent breakdowns ....

mssynice168

Reaction score
Went to Mcnair Tower ysday, went to the stair case which look out to the Jln Tenteram project, even though its day time and its not so near to the from the highway, from Mcnair towers, can hear the car noise quite loud. Wonder if standing from those units at Jln Tenteram facing the highway w it be worst.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to Mcnair Tower ysday, went to the stair case which look out to the Jln Tenteram project, even though its day time and its not so near to the from the highway, from Mcnair towers, can hear the car noise quite loud. Wonder if standing from those units at Jln Tenteram facing the highway w it be worst.

I prefer Bendemeer Light. Personally, I find day time highway symphony still alright but the same symphony at night is quite disruptive.

Tenteram Peak is still liveable even without a car. Two buses servicing Tenteram Peak may not be enough but have you seen places where there is only one feeder bus to the interchange? Even if a person does not own a car, it does not mean Tenteram Peak is a no go zone.

Normal walking via the underpass only took me 20 minutes to reach Boon Keng MRT.

Yup, it's about 20 mins to walk. Like what I mentioned, I like the bus stop along PIE that leads to Toa Payoh which has many of my favorite food stalls.

Let's compare 2 BTOs in the same area in 2012.

Tenteram Peak at Kallang / Whampoa - September 2012 BTO
3rm 245K-314K (65 sqm)
4rm 370K-476K (90 sqm)

Bendemeer Light/McNair Towers at Kallang/Whampoa - May 2012 BTO
3rm 322K-401K (65 sqm)
4rm 467K-595K (90 sqm)

Standard flats for Light and premium for Towers.

The premium for 3rm is about 27% to 31% and 4rm is about 25% to 26% over Peak. I'll say HDB priced Peak pretty reasonably given it's location.

I don't have the numbers for Light and Towers but 4rm resale for areas around Peak is about 495K to 540K (85 - 90sqm). That directly translates to 13% to 34%.

The only way to find out which is more"worth it" is to have data for resale near both Light and Towers.

crystal7

Reaction score
Ya, in fact I was there as my friend stayed there. But cant see it. Anyway Im not sure, any diff on time walkingusing that passage or those overhead bridges to BK Mrt :s11:
I personally think not much diff in walk time to MRT between using underpass or overhead bridge.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.