Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Osaka > Kyoto - Fushimi Inari Taisha > Nishiki Market > Arashiyama > Osaka

mate, you spend quite a bit of time in each of these places and it takes a fair amount of travelling to get to each point. You can do Fushimi Inari and Nishiki together. Arashiyama is most likely out of the question.

You are going to see crowds at Tsukiji, the inner wholesale market has moved iirc but the outer market is what most ppl go there for anyway

Roppongi is nice but it is a little hard, there is Mori tower which has an observation deck. There is a shrine that is a little off the track there and got nightlife which I am not too into :s13:

concreteman

Reaction score
Monday – Day 10

Shibuya > Akihabara > Odaiba (any place to recommend?)

i reverse Odaiba first

Wednesday – Day 12

Shibuya > Ikebukuro > Shibuya for the night

haha ikebukuro nothing much to do , more of a place to stay

luv_boa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Osaka > Kyoto - Fushimi Inari Taisha > Nishiki Market > Arashiyama > Osaka

mate, you spend quite a bit of time in each of these places and it takes a fair amount of travelling to get to each point. You can do Fushimi Inari and Nishiki together. Arashiyama is most likely out of the question.

You are going to see crowds at Tsukiji, the inner wholesale market has moved iirc but the outer market is what most ppl go there for anyway

Roppongi is nice but it is a little hard, there is Mori tower which has an observation deck. There is a shrine that is a little off the track there and got nightlife which I am not too into :s13:

Ok I shall play by ear if I am able to go Arashiyama since I got to return my kimono haha.

I am not sure where to go yet in roppongi. Maybe just dinner with beer haha

luv_boa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Monday – Day 10

i reverse Odaiba first

Wednesday – Day 12

Sorry, what you mean by reverse odaiba?
Yeah if ikebukuro has nth, I return back to shibuya earlier haha

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Monday – Day 10

i reverse Odaiba first

Wednesday – Day 12

Odaiba can go to the onsen there. There are indoor and outdoor pools. I quite enjoy it.

Ikebukuro got nothing interesting except shopping, which can be found elsewhere too.

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
im just randomly searching for triple/dbl rooms for tokyo (shibuya) and osaka (shinsaibashi) areas and almost 90% are booked by ppl already? really????

period that im looking at: 30march - first wk of april :vijayadmin:

GetaBlue

Master Member
Reaction score
Odaiba can go to the onsen there. There are indoor and outdoor pools. I quite enjoy it.

Ikebukuro got nothing interesting except shopping, which can be found elsewhere too.

Err,

for Ike, was planning to go take a look at KONICA MINOLTA PLANETARIUM.

anyone visited? worth to visit? i am staying at that area for 6 nights.

luv_boa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Lol shopping just nice for my wife but I wonder in November if there is suitable clothing to buy back to wear in SG?

kia0042

Reaction score
Hi dimitri_can and any Kansai area trip expert:

I would like to get some trip advises and hope to you can add more trips to my itinerary. Thanks in advance.

First of all, I have to mention that me (50+) and my partner (40+) are guiding 4 other old folks (65-72 years old) along this trip.

Kansai trip 22Nov ~ 1 Dec
PURPOSE OF VISIT - Fallen leave, Seafood meals, nice cuisine and some kobe beef perhaps.
WHAT WE WISH TO AVOID - Consider traveling with old folks, no traveling time should be more than 2 hours by bus/train/car.

Upon arrival 22 nov Osaka 21:30, airport transfer by Klook, 6 adults with 6 big luagges. Basically nothing much to do coz by the time reaches the apartment, expect 11PM, however, still look forward to have a good supper if possible. Staying at Hanazonokita, Nishinari Ward, Osaka-fu.

23 Nov (Thurs) , stay within Osaka. Visiting osaka castle and the rest of the time should be mainly makan, shopping and street walking, I have no idea what to do in Osaka, any suggestion?

24 Nov ~ 28 NOV. CAR RENTAL. Toyota Alphard

24 Nov (Fri) Kyoto visit - Those famous temples such as Kiyomizu-dera, Fushimi Inari and Arashiyama Bamboo famous are within my list, besides that I include Nishiki Market. Do you think there are any more places that can recommend ?

25 Nov (Sat) Nara visit - Enough of temples and shrines and the deer garden seems not worth a visit. No idea what to do in Nara?? Please suggest.

26 Nov (Sunday) Wakayama. Fruit picking day, prefer apple and persimmon or Mikan (orange), where is the best farms? I plan to stay overnight in Wakayama city, looking for a pension that can accommodate 6 adults, with onsen, ocean view, meals inclusive and free parking, so far, I cannot find one, can suggest?

26 Nov (Monday) Wakayama, where else can we go??? Suggestion please.

27 Nov ( Tues) Kobe. For Kobe beef, premium outlet and don't whereelse to go.... suggestion please.

28 Nov (Wed) No plan....have 1 whole day to make use of the car until evening to return the rental car. I heard not worth to drive within Osaka coz of traffic jam and expensive parking fees, true?

29 and 30 Nov Osaka city.... eat and shop.... recommendation of makan places and shopping areas please.

1 Dec - Return morning flight

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@luv_boa

I think you will be pleasantly surprised. You can still get stuff that you can use here.

28 Nov (Wed) No plan....have 1 whole day to make use of the car until evening to return the rental car. I heard not worth to drive within Osaka coz of traffic jam and expensive parking fees, true?

29 and 30 Nov Osaka city.... eat and shop.... recommendation of makan places and shopping areas please.

research into the highway tolls as I think you are driving onto the interstate highway.

avoid driving into major city. I find parking fees in rural tourist areas bad enough as it is. Cities like Osaka is not going to be nice at all.

I would suggest driving to Minoo park if you want to. https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4019.html

luv_boa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@cancer81

Noted haha I shall see see and shop haha.

Seems like the rest of my itinerary is fine and not too rushed?

Concreteman suggested to go Odaiba first before going to akihabara. Any advices on that?

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol shopping just nice for my wife but I wonder in November if there is suitable clothing to buy back to wear in SG?

should still have normal non-winter clothings, but there will be more winter clothings on sale than say summer period. for shopping shinjuku will be a better choice as there are tons of above ground and underground malls to shop till drop dead.

luv_boa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
should still have normal non-winter clothings, but there will be more winter clothings on sale than say summer period. for shopping shinjuku will be a better choice as there are tons of above ground and underground malls to shop till drop dead.

Thanks for the advice! I will tweak my itinerary abit towards shopping lol

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im just randomly searching for triple/dbl rooms for tokyo (shibuya) and osaka (shinsaibashi) areas and almost 90% are booked by ppl already? really????

That's like super peak because of hanami.

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi dimitri_can and any Kansai area trip expert:

I would like to get some trip advises and hope to you can add more trips to my itinerary. Thanks in advance.

First of all, I have to mention that me (50+) and my partner (40+) are guiding 4 other old folks (65-72 years old) along this trip.

Kansai trip 22Nov ~ 1 Dec
PURPOSE OF VISIT - Fallen leave, Seafood meals, nice cuisine and some kobe beef perhaps.
WHAT WE WISH TO AVOID - Consider traveling with old folks, no traveling time should be more than 2 hours by bus/train/car.

Upon arrival 22 nov Osaka 21:30, airport transfer by Klook, 6 adults with 6 big luagges. Basically nothing much to do coz by the time reaches the apartment, expect 11PM, however, still look forward to have a good supper if possible. Staying at Hanazonokita, Nishinari Ward, Osaka-fu.

>> i am surprised you chose this area... just next door to the ghetto of osaka...

23 Nov (Thurs) , stay within Osaka. Visiting osaka castle and the rest of the time should be mainly makan, shopping and street walking, I have no idea what to do in Osaka, any suggestion?

>> take it easy for this day... yes visit osaka castle, and then visit kuromon market, walk around dotonbori, shinsaibashi, at night visit shinseikai. if people are not shy, relax in spaworld...

24 Nov ~ 28 NOV. CAR RENTAL. Toyota Alphard

24 Nov (Fri) Kyoto visit - Those famous temples such as Kiyomizu-dera, Fushimi Inari and Arashiyama Bamboo famous are within my list, besides that I include Nishiki Market. Do you think there are any more places that can recommend ?

>> famous red leaves spot are tokufuji next to fushimi inari, and eikando next to nanzenji. remember that kyoto streets are very narrow and congestion is a daily thing, so you have to be patient. parking can be quite a distance away from the tourists spots so a bit of walking is inevitable. a relaxing walk along kamagawa will be good.

25 Nov (Sat) Nara visit - Enough of temples and shrines and the deer garden seems not worth a visit. No idea what to do in Nara?? Please suggest.

>> looking at deer should be quite fun, even just for a while. the temple to see in nara is Todaiji. it is very impressive and you should visit it just to take a look at the architecture. a stroll along kasuga taisha should also prove interesting difference from the usual kyoto looking temples and shrines... walking along naramachi and taking short breaks should round up the day.

26 Nov (Sunday) Wakayama. Fruit picking day, prefer apple and persimmon or Mikan (orange), where is the best farms? I plan to stay overnight in Wakayama city, looking for a pension that can accommodate 6 adults, with onsen, ocean view, meals inclusive and free parking, so far, I cannot find one, can suggest?

>>i googled on rakuten for you... it recommends Seaside Hotel Kadakaigetsu
http://www.azumaya-seaside.com/
It looks fantastic and it has good reviews

26 Nov (Monday) Wakayama, where else can we go??? Suggestion please.

>> when people go to wakayama, they usually go to Koya san. i hope you are getting a car with winter tyres if you are driving up though. and take it slow. otherwise a visit to shirahama might be a more relaxing option

27 Nov ( Tues) Kobe. For Kobe beef, premium outlet and don't whereelse to go.... suggestion please.

>> go up the ropeway for nice views, and perhaps visit the nunobiki waterfall

>> drive to Himeji? otherwise drive to minoo as someone has suggested. Other places include Asuka in Nara.

>> around namba, umeda and shinsaibashi... can walk until you drop, even for a teenager...

see reply in red

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Osaka consider Umeda, tennoji(sp) area

Tokyo, avoid Shibuya and Shinjuku. Lots of areas with hotels :s13:

@cancer81

Noted haha I shall see see and shop haha.

Seems like the rest of my itinerary is fine and not too rushed?

Concreteman suggested to go Odaiba first before going to akihabara. Any advices on that?

Odaiba takes quite a while to get to and depending on what u plan on doing there would take around a good 3-4 hours. Depending how you intend to go there and if you want to see the rainbow bridge with lights or other stuff there... the important bit is your method of transport. Plan your route so that you do not over spend taking the Tokyo Metro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.