Money Saving Techniques

Wood41

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Many do not find owning cars a $burden$.

Personal transport saves time & creates more
time for making more dough.

Meister13

Reaction score
Anyone tried AIA Vitality.

I recently signed some Aia plan they they free me one year Aia vitality, or else membership I think $30+?

But just have to walk 7,500 steps a day for 5 times a week, they give you $5 Cold Storage/uber/Starbucks voucher, then you can invite your Friend to form a team (4 people in total)

If your team everyone got walk 7500 per day for 5 times a week, then you get additional $5.

I've just started using and saved 'earned' like $20 already.

Of course Cold Storage, uber and Starbucks is a luxury for people like us who go ntuc bring water and take bus.

But imagine if your Girlfriend ask you buy Starbucks, at least you save $5.

Recently I'm also buying certain food like bagels and cream cheese etc that is not available in normal ntuc, so I got chance to use the $5 Cold Storage voucher also.

There's more to this app, like if you become Gold status they give you $60 cash cheque, which you can use to pay your next year vitality membership.

Their website also say if you go true fitness one month only $60 (idk how cheap is that but I have heard my colleague saying they buy for $120 at anytimefitness)

The website also mention if you use emirates or royal Caribbean got discount depending your status (bronze silver gold and platinum)

Sibei good app imho

ping2

Reaction score
I agree this is an easy app to get $10 weekly!

True fitness is $70 per month with this app. Gv there's $3 off movie tix for 2 tix weekly

Anyone tried AIA Vitality.

I recently signed some Aia plan they they free me one year Aia vitality, or else membership I think $30+?

But just have to walk 7,500 steps a day for 5 times a week, they give you $5 Cold Storage/uber/Starbucks voucher, then you can invite your Friend to form a team (4 people in total)

If your team everyone got walk 7500 per day for 5 times a week, then you get additional $5.

I've just started using and saved 'earned' like $20 already.

Of course Cold Storage, uber and Starbucks is a luxury for people like us who go ntuc bring water and take bus.

But imagine if your Girlfriend ask you buy Starbucks, at least you save $5.

Recently I'm also buying certain food like bagels and cream cheese etc that is not available in normal ntuc, so I got chance to use the $5 Cold Storage voucher also.

There's more to this app, like if you become Gold status they give you $60 cash cheque, which you can use to pay your next year vitality membership.

Their website also say if you go true fitness one month only $60 (idk how cheap is that but I have heard my colleague saying they buy for $120 at anytimefitness)

The website also mention if you use emirates or royal Caribbean got discount depending your status (bronze silver gold and platinum)

Sibei good app imho

iCubes

Master Member
Reaction score
I started using an expense tracking app last year and has been diligently tracking every single expense I made daily. Made a huge difference in my life. I could see where my money went and started saving more. I also set a strict budget to spend each month (in the app) and could see the amount slowly reaching and I will think twice before every purchase.

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I started using an expense tracking app last year and has been diligently tracking every single expense I made daily. Made a huge difference in my life. I could see where my money went and started saving more. I also set a strict budget to spend each month (in the app) and could see the amount slowly reaching and I will think twice before every purchase.
which app is that?

I'm thinking of using YNAB but I'm taking forever to set it up

Sent from Huawei NEXUS 6P using GAGT

Meister13

Reaction score
Anyone know any other nice app like Aia vitality that can earn cash back or vouchers? Mainly for ntuc Cold Storage, giant or what not.

I know ntuc use dash best 5%, Cold Storage I will use my Aia vitality. Passion card points accumulate Too little and slow, don't even know can cover membership so I never bother getting.

padfo0t

Reaction score
For me (Android user), I am using an app called Monefy.

And through a course I attended, I divided my accounts into the following;

Financial Freedom Account (20%)
Long Term Saving Account (20%)
Necessities Account (40%)
Education Account (10%)
Play Account (5%)
Give Account (5%)

This is a technique created by T. Har Eker, which you can easily find online.
Think it is called the JARS System.

This is aligns with another book called The richest man in Babylon.
One of the most important rule is to pay yourself first.
It helped me, I hope it can help you guys too.
Jiayou!

violinist

Reaction score
For me (Android user), I am using an app called Monefy.

And through a course I attended, I divided my accounts into the following;

Financial Freedom Account (20%)
Long Term Saving Account (20%)
Necessities Account (40%)
Education Account (10%)
Play Account (5%)
Give Account (5%)

This is a technique created by T. Har Eker, which you can easily find online.
Think it is called the JARS System.

This is aligns with another book called The richest man in Babylon.
One of the most important rule is to pay yourself first.
It helped me, I hope it can help you guys too.
Jiayou!

Attending the same course later this month, looking forward!

tzuthian1987

Reaction score
I've stopped using air con since 5 years back, and my body adapts to the Singapore weather. I can sleep comfortably and wake up fresh without air con.

Guys, don't sleep in air con else your body is weaker and need depend on air con to sleep all the time...

denn23

Master Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you guys know about this app called coffee break.
As a coffee drinker, it's god sent as I can save money.
Originally $6 coffee and I get it at about less than 4 bucks.

Plus there's this referral thing where u can get free coffee when u share code. I won't put my code here cause. It sure if allowed.

I also use the AIA Vitality app.

Other app I use, ShopBack, diffmarts to check prices and save !

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you guys know about this app called coffee break.
As a coffee drinker, it's god sent as I can save money.
Originally $6 coffee and I get it at about less than 4 bucks.

Plus there's this referral thing where u can get free coffee when u share code. I won't put my code here cause. It sure if allowed.

I also use the AIA Vitality app.

Other app I use, ShopBack, diffmarts to check prices and save !

heard from my friend about the AIA app.. but u have to own an AIA policy to use it

duameatball

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm using Spendee - http://www.spendee.com/

It can connect to our local bank accounts too. Very beautiful interface, makes me wanna use it more.

I'm using Spendee too. But I don't connect to my bank account. Just enter every transaction, must make it a habit to enter everything every time.

Connect to bank account then it becomes auto is it?

drummex

Reaction score
I'm using Spendee too. But I don't connect to my bank account. Just enter every transaction, must make it a habit to enter everything every time.

Connect to bank account then it becomes auto is it?

I use Buxfer. I tried spendee but it didn't allow transfers between different accounts e.g. ATM withdrawal from bank to cash. So tracking card transactions are a lot easier.

Alex.hero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
National steps challenge is here again.
Keep healthy and clock steps and you can redeem prizes.
My main goal is to get all freebies

ExtremeWays

Banned
Reaction score
Not everyone is that "elite" :p happy to start small.. Even if I am able to achieve multiple streams I'll still be happy to save on what I think is overpriced. Of course u can argue we can always drink tap water (though I can't due to weak stomach)

Can share your multiple streams of income?

Tiagong is forex trading :s13:

annahaotanto

Reaction score
Hello everyone, will love to add my humble suggestions! :)

For me, when I started trying to save money, is to focus on having a financial goal. Sometimes I get tempted to shop or want to have what someone is having, I remind myself of my main goal.

My first goal was to buy a property for my family,... which I think is pretty crazy now. But I guess when you're young, you don't know any better.

So when I see friends of mine buying new, shiny things, I keep telling myself to focus.

Also, to get out of temptations by not shopping. For 2 years, spent my weekends looking at different properties. Makes you dream! :)

Second, is to have accountability. I will share what I want with someone (usually my best friends) and get them to remind or scold me if I falter.

Third, I always have try to gamify the experience and reward myself when I hit a milestone. I love food and travel... so those are my rewards!

In any case, I am trying to be more minimalistic in 2018.. so one of my goals is to NOT shop, unless necessary.... :D

I am trying to exercise more but I didn't want to continue my gym memberships so I am running + following YouTube fitness gurus. HAHA.

Will love to learn more strategies from all of you.. read about 10 pages before having the courage to post this. :D

Happy weekend!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.