Home Automation Enthusiasts

shacboi

Reaction score
For anyone who would like to share your home automation experience. :s12:

Hi all, im new to HA too. I came across the inexpensive broadlink rm pro and decided to try it out, that's how it all get started.

Right now my rm pro is controlling 4 RF brandless socket (which r all use for lamps and standing lights), tv, aircon, cable box using IHC app.

Recently added Echo Dot(Alexa) and try to link up the voice control. The only thing is that as of now only broadlink tv remote template is recognised by Alexa. So all my devices i have to use 'tv remote template' to learn the buttons in order to linkup with Alexa as workaround.

Wanted to try out broadlink TC2 wall switches in future, need to convince wife first. :s13:

How bout u guys? 😂

Last edited:

sellwatch

Reaction score
Hi all, im new to HA too. I came across the inexpensive broadlink rm pro and decided to try it out, that's how it all get started.

Right now my rm pro is controlling 4 RF brandless socket (which r all use for lamps and standing lights), tv, aircon, cable box using IHC app.

Recently added Echo Dot(Alexa) and try to link up the voice control. The only thing is that as of now only broadlink tv remote template is recognised by Alexa. So all my devices i have to use 'tv remote template' to learn the buttons in order to linkup with Alexa as workaround.

Wanted to try out broadlink TC2 wall switches in future, need to convince wife first. :s13:

How bout u guys? 😂

looks like we are on similar setups. I am using RM pro bridge with an android box. The IHC app is quite badly done though. Now patiently waiting for my sono one speaker, then I will then move the echo dot 2 into the living room.

Can share the brandless RF socket you are using? intending to get a few.

shacboi

Reaction score
looks like we are on similar setups. I am using RM pro bridge with an android box. The IHC app is quite badly done though. Now patiently waiting for my sono one speaker, then I will then move the echo dot 2 into the living room.

Can share the brandless RF socket you are using? intending to get a few.

I agree IHC also needs improvement but since it can linkup wit Alexa so im sticking to it for now.

Im unable to post fotos here.... The brandless rf sockets i bought from shopee. Actually there r quite a few.. U can easily search there.. Or AliExpress. I bought a pack of 4... Comes Wit one rf remote. Since it is using rf 433mhz, i let rm pro learn the code and use rm pro app to control the sockets.

I bought from this seller in shopee, https://shopee.sg/product/6246308/31643103/
bout $28.40.

The thing is im not sure if the remote only have 4 rf codes, so lets say if we get 2 pack-of-4, and setup all the 8 rf sockets, with the remote on for no.1, i wonder is it applicable for 2 no.1 sockets, u get wat i mean ? therefore till now i only use 1 pack-of-4 though.

Last edited:

oohmygod

Reaction score
I thinking of using broadlink to control my ceiling fan which uses RF. Problem is I don't know the frequency used by my Aeratron AE 3

shacboi

Reaction score
I thinking of using broadlink to control my ceiling fan which uses RF. Problem is I don't know the frequency used by my Aeratron AE 3

Yea.. They didnt write on theor manual. Suggest u email them and confirm. If compartible with broadlink will be excellent! :s13:

MeeHoonGoreng

Reaction score
Am currently using Smart plugs (TP-Link) to control non-smart appliances, Smart Bulbs (Xiaomi Yeelight) for time schedule (light up with certain colours when it's time to wake up) and switching on/off lights.

Intend to:
Install motion sensor that links to light and air conditioner (and switching off the air conditioner when door is left ajar or the lights when i enter or leave the room)
I'm thinking of using a Logitech Harmony to be part of this "system".

Hoping to find a way to control my PC (switching on and off or at least in and out of sleep) although not sure how i'm going to do that.

I've got both Google Assistant (Google Home Mini that's synced with my phone) and an Amazon Echo Dot for these purposes. And so far they're doing mighty fine.

Plus of course you get to stream music and play ambient sounds for sleeping :s13:
9D6Y7Kn.jpg

Will appreciate any advice on the necessary equipment.

Last edited:

shacboi

Reaction score
anyone here uses sonoff?

nope for me, but wanted to do a project using the Sonoff RF 433MHZ, looking around seems not bad, esp got a RF remote, then can use eWelink app to control too, most importantly is the manual button to ON/OFF on the device itself.

shacboi

Reaction score
Hi, i'm not very techie person, may i know if anybody knows on market right now is there like a Transmitter-cum-Receiver device that can be purchase on that market ? Acting as learning the transmitted code (via receiver) then later able to transmit out the same code after it learnt the code (via transmitter)

E.g lik a motion sensor, detect something and transmit out the RF 433mhz code.... to a 433mhz receiver(ready-to-use) device that can switch on the light or something,

or is there any other way of doing this?? market-ready devices that can be piece together?

Thanks in advance!

joschia

Reaction score

How bout u guys? 😂

I'm having intermittent issue when using rm pro to control my starhub box. Need to press several times before I can on/off the box or change channel.

Can I check whether you face any intermittent issue using rm pro to control starhub box?

shacboi

Reaction score
I'm having intermittent issue when using rm pro to control my starhub box. Need to press several times before I can on/off the box or change channel.

Can I check whether you face any intermittent issue using rm pro to control starhub box?

Hi there, nope i nvr had such issue with the starHub box. i will suggest u relearn the buttons on ur starHub box remote again, do it very near the rm pro again and see if got differences.

bongpb

Reaction score
HA for lighting

I would like to automate my room 3 way ceiling light using Sonoff switch. Most of the switch needs neutral line. Not sure it works in Singapore?

My existing switch has 2 red wires and 1 blue wire.

Last edited:

shacboi

Reaction score
Wall Switches

I would like to automate my room 3 way ceiling light using Sonoff switch. Most of the switch needs neutral line. Not sure it works in Singapore?

My existing switch has 2 red wires and 1 blue wire.

Hi there, 2red wires and 1blue, ur that wall switch is 2-gang ? (meaning control 2 lights?)

u r right, n most switch needs neutral, tink our hdb dunhav neutral..... dats y limited wall switches available.

the switch brands i noe no need neutral are Livolo & broadlink.

joschia

Reaction score
Hi there, nope i nvr had such issue with the starHub box. i will suggest u relearn the buttons on ur starHub box remote again, do it very near the rm pro again and see if got differences.

Thanks for your advice, will give it a try.

AsusEpoxy

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there, 2red wires and 1blue, ur that wall switch is 2-gang ? (meaning control 2 lights?)

u r right, n most switch needs neutral, tink our hdb dunhav neutral..... dats y limited wall switches available.

the switch brands i noe no need neutral are Livolo & broadlink.

yeah, i learned this the hard way, need to rewire the whole house and pull a neutral line if want to replace normal light switches with smart switches

shacboi

Reaction score
Wall Switches

yeah, i learned this the hard way, need to rewire the whole house and pull a neutral line if want to replace normal light switches with smart switches

rewiring of hse sounds too exp and troublesome man, guess maybe better to just stick to the non-neutral required wall switches. :s12:

shacboi

Reaction score
Smart Plugs

What are the cheapest smart plugs recommendEd?

Hi, i think depending on what type of integration u looking at, there are cheap $20 wifi smart plug that can used app to control but may not work with Alexa/google-Assistant yet.

if you lookin for a trustworthy brand, personally i think tp-link u can consider, i see quite a number of IFTTT app dat supports tp-link product, so ease of integrating with many forms of smart automation is there.

but if u are jus looking at a simple wifi app controlling the smart plug and not looking at future developments, think there are many wifi smart plug u can look at, just try searching in carousell.com :s12:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.