Reaction score
I also going on Feb 2018. :s22:

Anyone got accommodation recommend?

What's your budget?

150-200 can get share room/share bathroom
175-250 can get ensuite
250-350 can get studio
350+ 1 bedroom.

I'm currently in a 1 bedroom apartment for 370/week.

darkgoju

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's your budget?

175-250 can get ensuite
250-350 can get studio
350+ 1 bedroom.

Probably around 200. What website to look out for rent?

OKCATYEON

Banned
Reaction score
Probably around 200. What website to look out for rent?

Uq accomodation website. 200 you can probably get an ensuite but not a very good one. Most probably share house. 200 a week not possible to get any in a student accom.

pony852

Master Member
Reaction score
What's your budget?

175-250 can get ensuite
250-350 can get studio
350+ 1 bedroom.

Eh bro u broke ur lease at altitude studio?

mintchips

Reaction score
when u find accommodation, ask for a video tour of the place. inside and out.
the pictures means nothing. my house was so bad and dirty with molds on the ceiling. if the video got like anot of stuff everywhere den ask if its the hs or the other hs mate stuff. i dont get why ppl just leave their stuff everywhere but my hs mate stuff was everywhere and it is dam cluttered.

ask for the nationality of people you are sharing with. if got a certain nationality den best dont go. they are dam dirty and refuse to clean up after themself, regardless of male or female. they themself dont even wan to live with each other so you sort of understand how dirty they are. worse than those in army that wear the same no.4 for 1 week. if got angmo den still ok but prepare for them to be dirty if the rm adv nvr say "looking for clean and tidy room mate". when u share the washing machine with them u will feel dam disgusted.

ask what u need to do when u lease end. if there is a need for cleaning anot or just pay a small amount to get it clean. if got carpet den they normally ask for it to be steam or some special detergent. so try not to get places with carpet.

if u get agency den normally more expensive but the place will be clean, because they ask the previous person to get it professionally clean. but u get landlord den cheaper but if stuff spoilt den they might ask u to pay , plus it is really dirty.

ask got any house rule like cleaning or bringing friends back, or share the room. my hs mate every other day bring his whole village from morning till night, shout here shout there, blast some random 1920s jazz music dance in living room. i see den i like wtf. best is after that he just leave the mess and have no intention of cleaning up until my landlord sudden come to check.

some other stuff like if u share with more ppl den prepare for conflit. ppl just wan to find problem cos brisbane very boring. den got how many fridege and how it is like divided. my hs mate just throw like a mini fridge full of beer. minor stuff but u will stay with them for like 4 month.
omg i want to pm you but min 10 post counts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but thank you i'll take note of it!

darkgoju

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when u find accommodation, ask for a video tour of the place. inside and out.
the pictures means nothing. my house was so bad and dirty with molds on the ceiling. if the video got like anot of stuff everywhere den ask if its the hs or the other hs mate stuff. i dont get why ppl just leave their stuff everywhere but my hs mate stuff was everywhere and it is dam cluttered.

ask for the nationality of people you are sharing with. if got a certain nationality den best dont go. they are dam dirty and refuse to clean up after themself, regardless of male or female. they themself dont even wan to live with each other so you sort of understand how dirty they are. worse than those in army that wear the same no.4 for 1 week. if got angmo den still ok but prepare for them to be dirty if the rm adv nvr say "looking for clean and tidy room mate". when u share the washing machine with them u will feel dam disgusted.

ask what u need to do when u lease end. if there is a need for cleaning anot or just pay a small amount to get it clean. if got carpet den they normally ask for it to be steam or some special detergent. so try not to get places with carpet.

if u get agency den normally more expensive but the place will be clean, because they ask the previous person to get it professionally clean. but u get landlord den cheaper but if stuff spoilt den they might ask u to pay , plus it is really dirty.

ask got any house rule like cleaning or bringing friends back, or share the room. my hs mate every other day bring his whole village from morning till night, shout here shout there, blast some random 1920s jazz music dance in living room. i see den i like wtf. best is after that he just leave the mess and have no intention of cleaning up until my landlord sudden come to check.

some other stuff like if u share with more ppl den prepare for conflit. ppl just wan to find problem cos brisbane very boring. den got how many fridege and how it is like divided. my hs mate just throw like a mini fridge full of beer. minor stuff but u will stay with them for like 4 month.

Thanks for this info!

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's your budget? I'm looking at UQ accommodation from UQ website but what worries me the most is my future roommate ~_~

Know that difference between a house/flat mate and a room mate.

If you are looking for someone to share a room, it's only those few nationalities who are sharing rooms. Most Singaporeans can afford a room and won't share the room with others.

mintchips

Reaction score
Know that difference between a house/flat mate and a room mate.

If you are looking for someone to share a room, it's only those few nationalities who are sharing rooms. Most Singaporeans can afford a room and won't share the room with others.
oops it's housemate not roommate, my mistake. I wna share a house with someone cus I wna make friends

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.