Question about NTU hall!

daniel890

Reaction score
Move into hall yet?

Any senior student moved into hall yet? When's the official check-in date?

aholic

Reaction score
Can reapply back into old hall & room?

I am thinking of checking out before the exams period (hall 7), while my roomie is just gonna stay all the way through until sem 2 starts. anyone knows if I can apply back or be given priority to my old room where my roomie is in when i apply again in sem 2?

153girl97

Reaction score
Change Roomie

Hello, is there a way or my to change my roomie to a freshie when I am promoted next year? It seems like the online info I got from the ntu website seems to say that the only way to room with a freshie if you are a senior is that she must be a sibling :eek::s11::s11:

daniel890

Reaction score
Hello, is there a way or my to change my roomie to a freshie when I am promoted next year? It seems like the online info I got from the ntu website seems to say that the only way to room with a freshie if you are a senior is that she must be a sibling :eek::s11::s11:
If I'm not wrong, you can only choose an existing student as your roommate. So, no freshies, I THINK.

153girl97

Reaction score
If I'm not wrong, you can only choose an existing student as your roommate. So, no freshies, I THINK.

That's quite sad...... but thanks anyway!!! :s12:

on a side note, if anyone (current students) wants to room with me next year AY 18/19 pls let me know HAHAHAHA

153girl97

Reaction score
what course are you in?

Hey I am in English Lit!

Hey guys, got a few questions about hostel@NTU

1) After 1 semester, am i right that you need to move out if you do not want to pay during vacation break. My question is will you get the same room in semester 2,3,4 etc

2) If you are direct entry year 2 student, year 3 hostel is also guaranteed right? Since on NTU website, it says first 2 years is guaranteed.

3) During weekends (sat, sun), do people usually stay in hostel or they go home ah?

4) If choose non-air con, what are the drawbacks to notice, other than its hot during afternoon?

5) If I got assigned to a hall but the price damn ex, can write in to request for swap with reason being that is not my preferences?

Eg. Apply for single but get Single plus (S+) with aircon, which is damn ex. Can write to hall president or NTU to request for downgrade?

1. Correct, you need to move out if you don't want to pay for the set break. There is a high chance that you might be given the same room but you are subjected to the waiting list when you reapply.

2. Yes

3. People usually go home during the weekends, in my Hall. Not sure about other halls.

4. I stayed in aircon hall, so Idk how it feels.

5. You can request for others, but subjected to availability. Best is if you go to the halls that you want and consult the office first before going to the service center.

phemlock

Reaction score
Hey guys, I‘ve got a small question regarding hall@ntu:

Seniors! From past experiences, what are the chances of a freshie applying and successfully getting a single room in ntu?

Constellar Timepieces

Reaction score
Hey guys, I‘ve got a small question regarding hall@ntu:

Seniors! From past experiences, what are the chances of a freshie applying and successfully getting a single room in ntu?

With the new halls out now, it should be pretty easy to get a single room. It will still be somewhat difficult to get a single room in the older halls.

vanityinsanity

Reaction score
Any halls recommendation? And which hall has the best amenities? I heard that you have to pay for your rents even during holidays?

xxxxne

Reaction score
Hello! I'm looking for a female roommate, entering NBS this August! I don't smoke/club, occasional drinker. Do reply/pm me if you are keen! :)

pewpewiii

Reaction score
Hello:) looking for a female roommate, entering NBS this year! I don't smoke/club/drink. Please DM if interested!

mewmeh

Reaction score
Hi, looking for a female roommate. I'm an incoming freshie, entering SCSE to study Computer Science. I don't smoke/club/drink. I'm an introvert, so would prefer a roommate who is also an introvert or comfortable with one.

Looking for someone who is very easygoing and enjoys helping one another like motivating one another, a study buddy and we can teach and learn from one another, a give & take kind of friendship.

Note: Sometimes I stay throughout the night to study, especially near test/exam period. So would be great if my roommate is also someone like this/ok with it.

DM me by 26 June'18 if you're interested and then we can get to know more about each other to minimise any potential future personality clash :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.