Android TV Box

moveman69

Reaction score
Bought a Micox Android TV box with the Amlogic S912 CPU with 3GB RAM and 32GB internal memory running Android 7 for 169 (hardware) plus 60 (smart TV IPTV for 3 years) =$229 on the last day last min. So far dad and mum have been delighted with the Smart TV as it enabled them to watch HK TV channels without any hiccups. So far so good... #fingerscrossed #longmayitlast

csc12345678

Master Member
Reaction score
This IPTV is a service provided by them or an app ?

Bought a Micox Android TV box with the Amlogic S912 CPU with 3GB RAM and 32GB internal memory running Android 7 for 169 (hardware) plus 60 (smart TV IPTV for 3 years) =$229 on the last day last min. So far dad and mum have been delighted with the Smart TV as it enabled them to watch HK TV channels without any hiccups. So far so good... #fingerscrossed #longmayitlast

moveman69

Reaction score
Good question... I'm not too sure too but the app is orange in color and it's called 'Smart TV'. My bet would be that it is provided by them cos when I tried to search online for it, I cannot find the apkat all

This IPTV is a service provided by them or an app ?

csc12345678

Master Member
Reaction score
Install and throw away the apk. If a service, they must have some way to control who is accessing their servers, right ?  Must be configurable somewhere.

I don't follow foreign channels but I wonder, isn't there apps that can do this already ?

Good question... I'm not too sure too but the app is orange in color and it's called 'Smart TV'. My bet would be that it is provided by them cos when I tried to search online for it, I cannot find the apkat all

jeuda

Master Member
Reaction score
Bought Minix Neo U9H yesterday. Image of most of the channel is reasonably ok. But only the sound volume differs one channel to another. Has to constantly adjust the volume for different channels.

Time to dump away my Starhub subscription. However the image quality of local TV channels are really CMI from the android box. I have to revert using antenna to watch local channels if unsubscribe from Starhub.

tDJu2cH.jpg

NmLCz9Y.jpg

Free to air channels will be cut by end 2017. You will have to use DVB-T2 setup box or subscribed services.

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
Free to air channels will be cut by end 2017. You will have to use DVB-T2 setup box or subscribed services.

Meaning? All android TV box can't be used? Thinking of buying a android TV box tomorrow

dragonewt

Reaction score
Meaning? All android TV box can't be used? Thinking of buying a android TV box tomorrow

No lah he's talking about this part "have to revert using antenna to watch local channels". Cuz by end of 2017 got antenna also cannot watch.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Such TV box can just stop working after 3 to 6 mths and it is quite normal that they stop updating the apps in your box after sometime.

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
Such TV box can just stop working after 3 to 6 mths and it is quite normal that they stop updating the apps in your box after sometime.

That’s what is stopping me in buying now. Went down to Sim Lim yesterday and almost wanted to buy the latest Skymedia box at $209. The sales person said it has its own server and there is people maintaining it. Am still doubtful about it. Anyone using this brand can attest to it?

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That’s what is stopping me in buying now. Went down to Sim Lim yesterday and almost wanted to buy the latest Skymedia box at $209. The sales person said it has its own server and there is people maintaining it. Am still doubtful about it. Anyone using this brand can attest to it?

When in doubt, dont buy. If you cant trust the seller, dont buy. This is not buying durian so there is no such thing as bao jiak. Sales people tend to tell you whatever you want to hear in order to get you to seal the deal. As much as they promise you this and that, there is no such thing as guaranteed 100% uptime on 100% of channels when it comes to android iptv streaming. Only traffic lights cable operators can guarantee you that. The beauty of android is its open source so even if certain apps are down, you can always look for and install other similar apps. So dont let some imbecile tell you that tv boxes just stop working after 3-6 months. Every tv box i have bought so far have lasted at least 2 years before i sold off still in good working condition so i could get a newer model. Sure, apps may not last but the hardware itself tend to do.

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Android tv boxes isnt something new. It only works for a few months then everything doesnt work.

xmrsam

Reaction score
i have been using unblock tech's box for about a year. its still working. its quite good imho. can watch almost everything

Aditshar

Reaction score
That why get with gaming or movie streaming capability like nvidia shield. If the IPTV stopped working, can still use for gaming and movies streaming.

Android tv boxes isnt something new. It only works for a few months then everything doesnt work.

Megadark

Master Member
Reaction score
Is there any TV box that can access my nas to watch my videos? Any suggestions welcome.

Uno_Hu

Reaction score
Is there any Android TV box that comes with DVB-T2 tuner in the market I'd be interested.

csc12345678

Master Member
Reaction score
Is there any TV box that can access my nas to watch my videos? Any suggestions welcome.

If your box is android, then there are apps that can play the files off the NAS, eg if you install filemanager and you can just "explore" the NAS and play using players like MX Player.

There will be players on Android that can play media from DLNA NAS.

You have a Android phone ? You can try it out on the phone.

csc12345678

Master Member
Reaction score
Is there any Android TV box that comes with DVB-T2 tuner in the market I'd be interested.

Last time, I saw one from Freesat brand. Not sure about now.

I also thought having one box would be good. But later, I think otherwise. My old CRT TV will go and I would not need my DVB-T2 later since it's pretty old (except if I want to record programs but may be the new TV will have such function later on). Also, I don't know if I can record TV program using the box when I'm watching online video like YouTube.

Also, DVB-T2 box are really very cheap.

The models for Android cum DVB-T2 is very limited (or only this one I found) and it limits the feature/function I can have.

Megadark

Master Member
Reaction score
If your box is android, then there are apps that can play the files off the NAS, eg if you install filemanager and you can just "explore" the NAS and play using players like MX Player.

There will be players on Android that can play media from DLNA NAS.

You have a Android phone ? You can try it out on the phone.

Thank you CSC1234567. My android phone can access the files on my NAS. I don't have much experience with TV boxes, and I'm grateful for your advice.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.